The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the Donkeys

RaidersAreOne

16 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Don't forget about Facyson. Guy came in and didn't miss a beat in our defense. I'm not sure the last time I've seen us sign so many free agents and they are plug and play at this level. 

Simplified defense makes a hell of a difference 

The fantastic:

We won, and despite the score, we won big. Could've broken 40 easily. 

NYRaider wasn't taking up 3/4 of the thread. 

Carr

Ruggs

Forced Turnovers

O-line held up

Sacks!

Edwards 

Big plays

The rest:

Run game is still just ok.

Teddy is bad, so that helped a bit.

Leatherwood is a penalty machine. Dude has zero situational awareness.

Missing the FG was a bummer, but Carlson made up for it.

Too many great punts going into the end zone. Little more hang time or positioning, and we'd have an absolute weapon as a punter.

Run D isn't very impressive and the secondary seems to get banged up.

Amik is a tough dude, but he's a mismatch for opposing offenses vs bigger WRs. 

Really hard to find much to complain about. A lot of the "bad" is stuff that just wasn't perfect (the missed FG, the missed opportunities for fantastic punts, etc). 

I feel good going forward. Great debut game for Bisaccia. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The fantastic:

We won, and despite the score, we won big. Could've broken 40 easily. 

NYRaider wasn't taking up 3/4 of the thread. 

Carr

Ruggs

Forced Turnovers

O-line held up

Sacks!

Edwards 

Big plays

The rest:

Run game is still just ok.

Teddy is bad, so that helped a bit.

Leatherwood is a penalty machine. Dude has zero situational awareness.

Missing the FG was a bummer, but Carlson made up for it.

Too many great punts going into the end zone. Little more hang time or positioning, and we'd have an absolute weapon as a punter.

Run D isn't very impressive and the secondary seems to get banged up.

Amik is a tough dude, but he's a mismatch for opposing offenses vs bigger WRs. 

Really hard to find much to complain about. A lot of the "bad" is stuff that just wasn't perfect (the missed FG, the missed opportunities for fantastic punts, etc). 

I feel good going forward. Great debut game for Bisaccia. 

Yeah it's one of those games where you feel good about it because they did what they were supposed to do finally which was beat a team that they were better than. My thing that I can't get over as I feel like we were supposed to do this last week and didn't so I'm still trying to figure out if last week was the aberration game or this week with the aberration game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah it's one of those games where you feel good about it because they did what they were supposed to do finally which was beat a team that they were better than. My thing that I can't get over as I feel like we were supposed to do this last week and didn't so I'm still trying to figure out if last week was the aberration game or this week with the aberration game. 

I mentioned it in the game thread that I genuinely believe the Gruden thing had a negative impact. Last week, the effort and body language were just flat out bad all around. 

Today, we looked like a team ready to go out and win the damn game, not a team with a cloud hanging over it, and more importantly, not a team that came out looking like they "hoped" to win. Makes me wonder how much Gruden's schtick had actually started to wear thin on guys. 

I expected a win, but this could have very easily been a 40-10 type of absolute slaughter. 

Now onto next week, where I anticipate a ton of trolling regarding Jalen Hurts. 🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I mentioned it in the game thread that I genuinely believe the Gruden thing had a negative impact. Last week, the effort and body language were just flat out bad all around. 

Today, we looked like a team ready to go out and win the damn game, not a team with a cloud hanging over it, and more importantly, not a team that came out looking like they "hoped" to win. Makes me wonder how much Gruden's schtick had actually started to wear thin on guys. 

I expected a win, but this could have very easily been a 40-10 type of absolute slaughter. 

Now onto next week, where I anticipate a ton of trolling regarding Jalen Hurts. 🙄

I remember you saying that. That's a good point. If the only thing that I can rationalize why a quarterback can only throw for 100 yards and you still lose. 

It's the first game this season where I felt like they look like they were a better team for the entirety of the game. 

I wanna see what they look like next week. It should be a win based on who the better team is and what the raiders looked like today