The Good, the Bad the Ugly vs. the Donkeys

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Andre James with a good block credit where credit is due 👍

Something blind squirrel something....

Anyway, yes, you're right, credit where it is due. I just hope we give him more credit in the future b/c as of now, he's still far behind even "average". I understand he's young and it might take some time but this isn't a rookie so I personally expect better production from someone making that money w/ the experience he has.

The Good

The players and coaches took the lead and changed the narrative from Gruden back to Raiders football and competing for the playoffs.

Coach Bisaccia and the other coaches had the players prepared, focused and playing with energy. The small changes they made to scheme and playcalls particularly on offence were successful.

Derek Carr, made the big plays and didn't leave a lot out on the field. The Drake and Edwards throws were sublime.

OLine, we've been heaping scorn on them but they did well in this one. Kept Carr upright and opened holes up for the running game, aided by some good playcalls.

DLine, brought the heat consistently and they all made plays. Crosby got a few sacks, Thomas got the fumble, Nassib made a couple nice run stops, Square got a sack, Jefferson got a sack. They all contributed. Night and day from last year.

Defensive backs, they look attuned to the scheme, know where they need to be and are making plays. Moehrig is quietly making a big difference and deserved his pick. 

Henry Ruggs, really coming out of his shell and looks better each week. Could we be witnessing a first round pick actually work out??

The Bad

We still went prevent D a bit early for my liking, allowed two 75 yard drives for scores when the D was handling everything well. If it's working, keep doing it IMO.

Robertson had a bad game. Not much else to say really but great coaching to get Facyson in before it cost us big. Hope he bounces back.

It's nitpicking but the score didn't really reflect the game. Would have loved to have hung 40 on Denver but it's still quite s comprehensive win.

The Ugly

Nothing really, perfect antidote to a tough week.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Something blind squirrel something....

Anyway, yes, you're right, credit where it is due. I just hope we give him more credit in the future b/c as of now, he's still far behind even "average". I understand he's young and it might take some time but this isn't a rookie so I personally expect better production from someone making that money w/ the experience he has.

Yup, that's all James has to do is stack up good play after good play and compete. I thought the line played better against Denver and in particular they kept Carr off the floor. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KlenlyKenny said:

Yup, that's all James has to do is stack up good play after good play and compete. I thought the line played better against Denver and in particular they kept Carr off the floor. 

And that's w/ Miller on the other side as well so yeah, I'm happy about it and you're right, if they string together good game after good game, the beginning of this season will be an afterthought. We have to keep things in perspective and understand that this unit has only played together for 6 months lol. This takes time and if they start gelling and performing well, it's looking good for us!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

Andre James with a good block credit where credit is due 👍

Watching this play along with a bunch of other Ron players throughout the game it seems like we're Andre James is good at(or at least what I think they saw in him) is that he he is pretty good at the second level. It's probably due to him being undersized which allows him to move well.

Problem though is that he's not very strong so he's not very good at the first level

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

And that's w/ Miller on the other side as well so yeah, I'm happy about it and you're right, if they string together good game after good game, the beginning of this season will be an afterthought. We have to keep things in perspective and understand that this unit has only played together for 6 months lol. This takes time and if they start gelling and performing well, it's looking good for us!

That's so true 👍🏼