Trade Deadline

Aztec Hammer

Just now, DizzyDean said:

ok, I think Cousins now stays in Washington (or still goes to San Fran if the Jimmy G thing blows up in their faces, which is possible.).

I am fine with this, in addition to the points from my other post, Jimmy G will get a huge contract, wiping out all of our cap space, as a prospect coming out, he was no better than the top 4 prospects in the 2018 draft.  We should get one of them (hopefully with the Houston pick) on a rookie contract with a 5th year option.  We keep all of our round 2 guys and can be real players in free agency.  Make the trade, we lose a round 2 pick, and won't be much in FA if we could even resign Jimmy G.  We don't know, he may have put out word with his agent that he would not resign with the Browns what so ever.

to be fair, it wouldnt wipe out all of our cap space.  we'll have 120 million next year.

I'm a Pats fan and the 1st thing I said was Fudge! The next was SF? What the heck is Cleveland doing. They get the 1st pick next year and have to take a QB miss out on the best player or they take the best QB (USC kid IMO bust}.  The FA QB are not going to help. They have ( age, conservative' haven't won anything ) flaws??????

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I certainly don't want the team to make a move simply for the purpose of "making a move."  

Impetuous decision making will hamstring this team even further.

Jimmy Graham?  No thank you.  

We already have him...Njoku as he grows up.

16 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Who gives a rip?

Who knows whether Jimmy G. is a good thing or a pile?

Well one thing I do know is we will know really fast, he certainly helped his cause going to Shannahan. Also who's to say we didn't make a play for some of these guys getting traded. 

I may have to go dark for a few days, its going to be a madhouse around here and on the radio

Bruuhhhh can i just take a sec and say that i called it on Jimmy GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

On 10/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, tab said:

i just dont see Tom Brady leaving NE. They put up a dang banner of his face when he got himself suspended last year, and he's still playing at a high level. I honestly think they've had their eye on someone in this upcoming draft and are gonna flip JG for a first round pick, maybe to the Browns, and ride out the rest of tom's contract

but holy **** lol a second rounder? Texans got more for an ancient Olinemen

1 minute ago, tab said:

Bruuhhhh can i just take a sec and say that i called it on Jimmy GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

True, but safe to say that Seahawks and 49er's 2nd rounders will be polar opposites.  :) 

Just now, tab said:

That apparently was his highest market value.

Kinda like BB flipping Collins, another player  they didn't want to pay/couldn't afford, to us.

Rest assured, BB did not trade away the next TB.

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Jimmy G has thrown 94 passes in the NFL.  if you offer him a big time contract and he sucks, you're in the Raiders Jamarcus Russell situation which was pretty much the reason why they literally altered how NFL contracts work.

Or you could get justas good of a prospect with the pick you're pretty much guaranteed to get (now pretty much you are).  you just have to wait 8 more losses, and you DONT give up a 2nd round pick which could be used to improve your team.

Spot on. Everyone is upset at the perceived lack of action by the front office. What they are really saying is "If we trade for Jimmy G, we automatically get the Patriots' track record of success......"

As you pointed out, mistakey, that is just not accurate. We said the same thing about Cardale after his magical 3 game run to the national title in 2015. How's that worked out since? 94 passes is an awful small sample size to gamble a monster QB sized long term contract on. Could he be a franchise defining QB? Hell yes - he COULD be. But just as easily, he could NOT be.

The 49ers just took a big risk and paid a hell of a price to see what's behind door number two.

Archived