Denver Broncos (the new old browns) @ Cleveland Browns - Thursday, 10/21 - 6:20 Mountain

champ11

Javonte is absolutely a stud and shows that Paton definitely knows how to evaluate RBs. Gordon is straight trash other than blocking. For being a player who is supposed to be finesse, he sure finesses his way into 2 yards or 0 for the past few years. The only reason his stats even look decent is due to breakout runs he gets in garbage time. Meanwhile Williams is consistently running with 5 guys hanging off him and might be one of our best receivers right now too O_O 

As for the things you guys are are saying about Teddy, I disagree with most of it. Do I think he's a qb who could be our answer long-term? No. But I'm not gonna knock a guy who is constantly running for his life on nearly every play even after getting a concussion. We saw how even Mahomes did in a situation like this in the Superbowl but that is EVERY GAME for Teddy except VS trash teams. Why would we expect him to be able to do something Mahomes even can't? I personally feel bad if Drew does get put in cause with his pocket presence, he's gonna get his head taken off

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

As for the things you guys are are saying about Teddy, I disagree with most of it. Do I think he's a qb who could be our answer long-term? No. 

If you don't think he's our long-term answer, then you're not really disagreeing with the most important take everyone shares.   

I’ve watched bits and pieces of the first few games and have been scanning the forum.  I have been incredibly busy, but also disinterested with this team from the start.

I have been reading in here and other places that the staff has lost the team.  I would agree with that and I think it happened far earlier than most think and it was the reason I became disinterested in this team this season and haven’t posted in here since then.

Denver awarded the starting QB job to the guy who lost the competition.  This isn’t even debatable.  From media who attended camp, to leaks from players, to preseason performance, Drew Lock won that competition.  Even the Bronco mouthpieces in the media couldn’t say he won, it was always worded in ways about being the veteran player and being safer/smarter with the ball.

The best way to lose a team is to start awarding jobs to players who didn’t earn them.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I’ve watched bits and pieces of the first few games and have been scanning the forum.  I have been incredibly busy, but also disinterested with this team from the start.

I have been reading in here and other places that the staff has lost the team.  I would agree with that and I think it happened far earlier than most think and it was the reason I became disinterested in this team this season and haven’t posted in here since then.

Denver awarded the starting QB job to the guy who lost the competition.  This isn’t even debatable.  From media who attended camp, to leaks from players, to preseason performance, Drew Lock won that competition.  Even the Bronco mouthpieces in the media couldn’t say he won, it was always worded in ways about being the veteran player and being safer/smarter with the ball.

The best way to lose a team is to start awarding jobs to players who didn’t earn them.  

I said the same this summer. I came into the year with the least amount of excitement for the Broncos season as I ever have had in my life. 

We just need to get this thing sold already. Enough is enough. 

34 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Denver awarded the starting QB job to the guy who lost the competition.  This isn’t even debatable.

I really don't think this is the thread for it, but it very clearly is debatable. You can argue 60/40 (max) one way or the other, but it's just not true that Drew Lock won that competition without any doubt.

Honestly, the biggest thing I fear until Drew gets put back in is stuff like this. Let's not get bogged down in Drew vs Teddy. Neither are good enough. Neither should be starting in the NFL.

This team is not failing because they chose Teddy over Drew. 

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 9

Another week, another disgraceful game, except this time we couldn't beat a team that you could argue we should have based on their injuries. Our LB injury situation is comical at this point. I cannot recall a team being down like 7 linebackers or whatever the number is.

The entire secondary looked like trash last night with the exception of Surtain. Darby was routinely torched. Simmons looks frankly terrible at the moment. The tackling on this team is downright pathetic. D'Ernest Johnson is better than people would expect, but Denver's tackling philosophy seems to be hurling bodies at players rather than form tackles. It was just hard to watch.

Offensively....what a disaster. I have no idea how Shurmur has a job, but Vic is clearly too stubborn to cut bait with Shurmur who is just objectively awful at his job at the moment. No rhythm, no creativity, terrible 3rd down conversion %. The offense played with no urgency when it needed a ton of it. Season already looks to be slipping away. This team needs to be gutted. There's definitely a losing culture and that needs to change immediately

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Offensively....what a disaster. I have no idea how Shurmur has a job, but Vic is clearly too stubborn to cut bait with Shurmur who is just objectively awful at his job at the moment. No rhythm, no creativity, terrible 3rd down conversion %. The offense played with no urgency when it needed a ton of it. Season already looks to be slipping away. This team needs to be gutted. There's definitely a losing culture and that needs to change immediately

I mentioned the rhythm thing in the Munchak thread, and it was evident once again yesterday. Does anyone on this forum have a clue what we were trying to achieve on Offense?

You could very clearly see that the Browns were running that McVay/Kyle Shanahan style Offense, zone blocking with play action boot and misdirection (screens, jet motion, etc) off of it. Everything in sync, everything in rhythm.

Absolutely night and day to us.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I really don't think this is the thread for it, but it very clearly is debatable. You can argue 60/40 (max) one way or the other, but it's just not true that Drew Lock won that competition without any doubt.

Honestly, the biggest thing I fear until Drew gets put back in is stuff like this. Let's not get bogged down in Drew vs Teddy. Neither are good enough. Neither should be starting in the NFL.

This team is not failing because they chose Teddy over Drew. 

That was not the point of my post.  Drew Lock sucks too.  The point of the post is about losing the team.  You lose teams by playing players that didn’t earn the job.  That 100% should be talked about and cause for concern with this staff and potentially Paton if he was part of that decision making process. 

I don’t care about the names.  Pretend it’s Bradlee Van Pelt vs Tom Brandstater, it’s about the process of what unfolded this off-season and why none of this is surprising.

They had an open QB competition.  Labeled it that themselves.  Had 2 guys splitting reps with 1st team and what not.  

The dude they traded for is losing the competition and the coaching staff openly and actively start doing things to give the guy they thought would runaway with the job a chance.  @broncos_fan _from _uk mentioned some of these during the preseason, one of which was going for 4th downs that mimicked nothing of what would happen regular season. 

Then even after stacking the odds in his favor he still lost the job based off of the on the field product so the media mouth pieces started getting everyone ready by pumping “safer option” “veteran player” “been around the league.”  

Most probably overlook it or don’t think it’s an issue.  That’s the biggest issue.  As I said, it’s that horsesh*t that loses teams.  That’s pathetic leadership and running a pathetic organization. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I don’t care about the names.  Pretend it’s Bradlee Van Pelt vs Tom Brandstater, it’s about the process of what unfolded this off-season and why none of this is surprising.

They had an open QB competition.  Labeled it that themselves.  Had 2 guys splitting reps with 1st team and what not.  

The dude they traded for is losing the competition and the coaching staff openly and actively start doing things to give the guy they thought would runaway with the job a chance.  @broncos_fan _from _uk mentioned some of these during the preseason, one of which was going for 4th downs that mimicked nothing of what would happen regular season. 

Then even after stacking the odds in his favor he still lost the job based off of the on the field product so the media mouth pieces started getting everyone ready by pumping “safer option” “veteran player” “been around the league.”  

Most probably overlook it or don’t think it’s an issue.  That’s the biggest issue.  As I said, it’s that horsesh*t that loses teams.  That’s pathetic leadership and running a pathetic organization. 

You’re the first person I’ve seen anywhere suggest that Drew Lock won the competition definitively. Also, when the QB is gonna be playing behind an IOL that will probably struggle in pass pro, it certainly makes sense to lean toward the guy with the far superior pocket presence. 

As for the Shurmur discussion, I think the screen to Javonte for a TD was the only play design where I thought, “hey, I liked that.” Everything else just seemed vanilla. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

You’re the first person I’ve seen anywhere suggest that Drew Lock won the competition definitively. Also, when the QB is gonna be playing behind an IOL that will probably struggle in pass pro, it certainly makes sense to lean toward the guy with the far superior pocket presence. 

As for the Shurmur discussion, I think the screen to Javonte for a TD was the only play design where I thought, “hey, I liked that.” Everything else just seemed vanilla. 

Who do you think won the job through camp/preseason?

Edited by germ-x

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

If that’s the case then BVP wins hands down 😁