Denver Broncos (the new old browns) @ Cleveland Browns - Thursday, 10/21 - 6:20 Mountain

champ11

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Here’s the only way Cleveland beats you guys:

1. You struggle blocking Myles and Jadeveon.

2. You struggle defending DPJ. Not OBJ, I mean Donovan Peoples Jones.

3. You struggle defending our run game.

David Njoku can have random monster games if your LBs are weak. He’s inconsistent though.

You guys should win. We’re injured as hell.

1. Whilst I think our struggles in Pass Pro are a tad overblown, we can't pass block on 3rd and long, a situation we find ourselves in frequently. So struggling to block (maybe) the most complete pass rusher in the league is a definite possibility.

2. I guess it depends on who is throwing the ball. I do have some remaining faith in our Secondary, though.

3. We've been awful in Run Defense the last 3 games. No coincidence we've lost all 3.

Re: Njoku - both of our ILB's are out for the year. That said, I'd expect to see a Safety covering him, with a bit of Sterns (big Dime) and Nickel CB (Callahan) thrown in. 

55 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

No Chubb, no Kareem, no Jarvis, no JOK, Baker is hurt, and we might not have Conklin and / or Wills.

If you guys lose, it’s time to tank.

Edit - Jarvis Landry *might* play.

If Baker, Landry & Wills play, CLE has this imo.    Wills is more important than  any RB given Baker’s present issues.   

Sounds like Baker will play.   Landry & Wills are huge game swingers (and yes DPJ is a bigger mismatch than OBJ year 1 post-ACL).  

Edited by Broncofan

25 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If Baker, Landry & Wills play, CLE has this imo.    Wills is more important than  any RB given Baker’s present issues.   

Sounds like Baker will play.   Landry & Wills are huge game swingers (and yes DPJ is a bigger mismatch than OBJ year 1 post-ACL).  

We badly miss Jarvis. He’s been Bakers safety valve since Bakers rookie year.

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Keenum is starting for us.

So this game should tell you guys a lot about your team.

If you want your coaches gone, perfect game to lose lol

Sadly, most of the fanbase would take a L if it would convince the FO in what's looking already like a lost season (if we finish 9-8 vs. 7-10, not really a huge difference in the end) to finally cut bait.    Lose the battle, win the war.

It certainly does change this from an easy W with Baker/Landry/the T's back to now a much closer game, though.    

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think it’s slightly exaggerated. That list is worse case scenario.

We don’t know about Conklin, Wills, Jarvis, and OBJ.

Tretter is fine. He’s just banged up.

To say that's an exaggeration is an understatement.

Losing Baker and having Keenum is a 3-6 pt swing (about 2-3 pts in Vegas terms).   So it's significant.   But putting those 4 on the list if they play, that would still put CLE ahead in my books.  But I had the Browns winning 30-20 before with Baker.   This becomes more of a 23-20 / 24-20 type deal, and obv. the Broncos could pull it off.   

It's pretty dire though when a team loses their starting QB and both RB's, and best ILB, and yet the team is still a favorite (yes, we've lost our ILB's, but if we lost both RB's and Teddy and had our T's / next 2 WR's questionable - we wouldn't be home faves lol).

Edited by Broncofan