trivial 2 round mock

JetsandI

It was done last Tuesday.  I have not adjusted nor corrected prospects/positions but I post there to collect information.  Thank you.

1. Cleveland Browns - QB Josh Rosen, UCLA.        
2. San Francisco 49ers - WR Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame.     
3. New York Giants - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State.      
4. Indianapolis Colts - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame.           
5. Cincinnati Bengals - WR D.J. Chark, LSU.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Bradley Chubb, North Carolina State.    
7. Arizona Cardinals - QB Clayton Thorson, Northwestern.         
8. Baltimore Ravens - WR Calvin Ridley, Alabama.   
9. Oakland Raiders - S Derwin James, Florida State.        
10. New York Jets - CB Ken Webster, Ole Miss.              
11. Los Angeles Chargers - S Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama.        
12. Chicago Bears - OLB Harold Landry, Boston College.                  
13. Dallas Cowboys - DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama.             
14. Denver Broncos - LB Roquan Smith, Georgia.             
15. Cleveland Browns (Texans) - CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State.          
16. Detroit Lions - RB Derrius Guice, LSU.         
17. Atlanta Falcons - DL Taven Bryan, Florida.         
18. Washington Redskins - QB Ryan Finley, North Carolina State.         
19. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Christian Kirk, Texas A&M.          
20. Carolina Panthers - OT Martinas Rankin, Mississippi State.    
21. Green Bay Packers -    OLB Arden Key, LSU.
22. Seattle Seahawks - RB Nick Chubb, Georgia.       
23. Buffalo Bills - QB Sam Darnold, USC.        
24. Miami Dolphins - QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma.         
25. Tennessee Titans - G Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame.     
26. New Orleans Saints - WR Courtland Sutton, SMU.
27. Los Angeles Rams - OLB Clelin Ferrell, Clemson.    
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - S Marcus Allen, Penn State.    
29. Minnesota Vikings - G Will Herandez, UTEP.      
30. New England Patriots - DT Christian Wilkins, Clemson.    
31. Buffalo Bills (Chiefs) - DE Austin Bryant, Clemson.     
32. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Trey Adams, Washington.

33. 49ers - RB Sony Michel, Georgia.
34. Browns - WR James Washington, Oklahoma State.
35. Giants - CB Brandon Facyson, Virginia Tech.
36. Colts - CB Carlton Davis, Auburn.   
37. Buccaneers - RB Damien Harris, Alabama.
38. Bengals - DT Maurice Hurst, Michigan.
39. Ravens - OL Braden Smith, Auburn.
40. Raiders - WR Parris Campbell, Ohio State.
41. Jets - OL Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan.
42. Chargers - QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville.
43. Bears - CB Tarvarus McFadden, Florida State.
44. Cardinals - OLB Lorenzo Carter, Georgia.
45. Broncos - DE DaShawn Hand, Alabama.
46. Browns (Texans) - RB Ronald Jones II, USC.
47. Lions - DE Marcell Frazier, Missouri.
48. Falcons - DT Vita Vea, Washington.
49. Redskins - OLB Dorance Armstrong Jr. Kansas.
50. Cowboys - DE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest.
51. Panthers - WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana.
52. Jaguars - QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State.
53. Packers - DL B.J. Hill, North Carolina State.
54. Bills - CB Iman Marshall, USC.
55. Dolphins - WR Arden Tate, Florida State.
56. Jets (Seahawks) - C Frank Ragnow, Arkansas.
57. Titans - RB Mike Weber, Ohio State.
58. 49ers (Saints) - C Mason Cole, Michigan.
59. Steelers - TE Ian Thomas, Indiana.
60. Bills (Rams) - DT Derrick Nnadi, Florida State.
61. Patriots - TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State.
62. Vikings - C/G Billy Price, Ohio State.
63. Bills (Chiefs) - WR Dante Pettis, Washington.
64. Browns (Eagles) - OT Orlando Brown, Oklahoma.

Interior OL is Miami's biggest need, and Nelson seems like as close to a sure-thing as one can get. I'd be displeased if we passed on him to roll the dice on Mayfield.

If we retain Jarvis Landry, or even if we don't, I don't think we have much of a need at WR.

5 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Interior OL is Miami's biggest need, and Nelson seems like as close to a sure-thing as one can get. I'd be displeased if we passed on him to roll the dice on Mayfield.

If we retain Jarvis Landry, or even if we don't, I don't think we have much of a need at WR.

Taking Mayfield in 1st round sound like a panic move, I know. Hey, Chiefs drafted Mahomes in 1st and Alex suddenly plays like a top qb.  It could be a similar case for Ryan Tannehill. lol.

I'm going Mayfield over a WR rd 1 at this point in time. We need QB help and I believe Mayfield to be one of three interesting 1st round options (Lamar, Rosen, Mayfield). If ARob comes back, I don't think the WR position is that big of a need. 

9 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

If the Bengals are picking in the top 5 this year and select another WR.. I will just give up on football forever

O-line

You don't want a receiver with three career receiving touchdowns in the top 5!?

I understand LSU isn't a pass first team but this kid isn't OBJ. I don't see top 5 being a reality. 

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I understand LSU isn't a pass first team but this kid isn't OBJ

He's pretty fun to watch though. Their passing game is atrocious. Definitely think his potential is sky high if he goes to the right team.

Solid for the Vikings, though, I doubt they go with two interior offensive linemen. I could see them taking the tackle from Washington, if he declares, and giving him a full season to come back from the injury if need be.

I think that Wilkins in round one and Price in round two would probably be the ideal for the Vikings right there.

I kind of like the idea of adding Taven Bryan and Vita Vea to the Falcons. Especially if they bring back Poe.

DT rotation of Poe, Jarrett, Vea, Crawford, Shelby and Bryan would be nice.

DE rotation of Takk, Vic, Brooks and Bryan would be nice as well.

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

2. San Francisco 49ers - WR Equanimeous St. Brown, Notre Dame.     
3. New York Giants - RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State.      
4. Indianapolis Colts - OT Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame.           

So with Carlos Hyde struggling and as an impending free agent, I would be surprised to see the 49ers pass on Barkley for anyone who wasn't a quarterback. Especially if they think they need a running back badly enough to draft one in the second round.  Likewise, if the Giants entirely pass on offensive linemen in the first two rounds, they deserve what happens to them next season. 

And make no mistake, that's not to say the Giants won't pass on an offensive linemen (Jerry Reese has had his opportunity to draft a left tackle each of the last two seasons and didn't), but if they do, they deserve what happens to them. 

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

5. Cincinnati Bengals - WR D.J. Chark, LSU.

Are the Bengals going to draft a WR in the top ten two consecutive years? 

16 hours ago, JetsandI said:

22. Seattle Seahawks - RB Nick Chubb, Georgia.       

If Seattle makes it out of the first two rounds without drafting a left tackle, they deserve what happens to them too.  I say first two rounds because if there is any team likely to trade out of the first round, it's Seattle.  Because that's what they do.  I know this mock didn't have trades, I'm just saying.

And like the Giants, that's not to say they won't.  From an NFL draft selection standpoint, the Seahawks are the most unpredictable team in the NFL.  They draft who they want and if you can figure out who that is going to be, then you're probably a psychic. 

51. Panthers - WR Simmie Cobbs Jr., Indiana.

The Panthers do need receiver help.  But I'm not sure adding another 6'4 big bodied receiver is really going to help them.  I must seem like a broken record, but Cam has become reliant on his deep passing game to bail himself out of jams and the Panthers don't have the kind of receiver who can make those kind of plays and Cobbs doesn't give them that.  He gives them what they already have. 

57. Titans - RB Mike Weber, Ohio State.

The Titans have a top ten ranked run game both in yards and in ypc.  They have their starter signed for the next few years and they have one of the best backup running backs in the NFL in DeMarco Murray behind him.  Why would they draft a third string running back in the second round?

I notice Connor Williams isn't in this mock draft.  Do you think he will return for his senior season or fall out of the top two rounds due to his injury?   Or was it an oversight?

15 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Teams don't always draft to their biggest needs.  Especially with free agency between now and the draft. The Dolphins may have quality WR depth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone to replace Landry.  Caroo hasn't proved a whole heck of a lot and Jakeem Grant, while very impressive in the preseason has been relegated to a returner so far.  

15 hours ago, bananabucket said:

I'd like to see an EDGE in round 2 if we don't take one in round 1, but it's tough because we have so many needs.  I am a fan of Carlton Davis so I can't complain too much.

So, what happened to Tarrell Bashem?  When the Colts drafted him, I thought "oh, they've got their edge guy now'.  But he only has three tackles and one sack on the season.

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

So, what happened to Tarrell Bashem?  When the Colts drafted him, I thought "oh, they've got their edge guy now'.  But he only has three tackles and one sack on the season.

He hasn't even really been able to get on the field.  He was forced into action against the Bengals due to John Simon's injury.  He did get a sack and played alright, but he's definitely been considered a disappointment so far.  Ballard basically said it himself.

Archived