trivial 2 round mock

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Crickett said:

Teams don't always draft to their biggest needs.  Especially with free agency between now and the draft. The Dolphins may have quality WR depth, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted someone to replace Landry.  Caroo hasn't proved a whole heck of a lot and Jakeem Grant, while very impressive in the preseason has been relegated to a returner so far.  

Yeah, but OG has been such an ongoing issue they haven't been able to resolve for a while now. 

If Landry doesn't return., I like the thought of Berrios being the Dolphin's slot WR. I think AudenTate would push Stills to the slot, which he might not be suited for.

If the board fell the way it did, I think the Panthers would pick Arden Key before they selected a OT. We selected Taylor Moton last year in the 2nd and Darryl Williams is playing quite well right now. We're locked into the Matt Kalil contract until the following offseason so I doubt we select an OT that high before trying out Moton. Key would be give us a young explosive pass rusher we are lacking at a position we are very old in (CJ, Pep, Addison).

On 10/30/2017 at 9:12 AM, fluhartz said:

If the Bengals are picking in the top 5 this year and select another WR.. I will just give up on football forever

O-line

this.... x 10000000000000000000000000000

Number one, we need to draft offensive linemen.  Lots of them.  

Number two, in the last two drafts/UDFA, we have added John Ross (1-2017), Tyler Boyd, (2-2016), Josh Malone (4-2017), Cody Core (6-2016) and Alex Erickson (UDFA-2016).  Which is to say, we are okay there.  We also started flipping the defensive line with Billings (2016) and Glascow (2017) to play alongside Geno Atkins.

People can keep projecting safeties to the Chargers like PFF does CB's to the Falcons... it's not going to happen.  Their GM just plain doesn't value the position that highly (and has a love affair with Jahleel Addae who is in the first year of a lucrative extension).  Telesco will use his 1st Round pick on whatever the biggest weakness of this current season's team is (not necessarily position-specific but "game-outcome" specific... i.e. the given logic behind the Mike Williams selection was that the red-zone offense sputtered in 2016 and was determined to have cost the team quite a few games).  Now, I could make a better-than-average case that the biggest weakness of the current team is Rivers, but you can pretty much pencil in either QB or NT as the team's 2nd round pick (traditionally the "pick for the future" or looking a year down the line).  Could see a strong argument for OT (depending on where they project Lamp when he comes back from injury; they're someone I could see being Okorafor's ceiling as he's a major fit for the type of tackle their OL coach prefers), CB (Verrett can't be trusted to stay healthy and it's doubtful he sees a strong extension offer), or (frighteningly enough) ILB - I mean, freaking Hayes Pullard is logging regular minutes in that spot right now (if they do it, Roquan Smith is who they should pick even given the size limitations, but I could see them falling in love with Kendall Joseph despite him lacking ideal instincts).

EDGE for the Rams is definitely a possibility, but I'd be more inclined to believe it if/when Robert Quinn is actually cut for cap purposes.  Samson Ebukam has flashed so far and looks like he'll come good as an eventual starter, though that could also be as the eventual successor to Barwin.  A lot will depend on what happens with Trumaine Johnson who is actually playing like he deserves the contract he's been demanding this season.  Tarvarus McFadden is a prototypical Wade Phillips corner, so he's definitely someone who ought to be in consideration if available.

Archived