1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns
    • The Browns by 14+
    • The Broncos lose because they're worse than the Browns
    • OBJ beats LETSGOBROWNIES
    • MWil23: King of the Derps

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was told by Tretter that less practice = less injuries

Can we just call this bull **** what it is? Guys don’t want to practice.

Lol how would it not? You think these guys beating each other’s arses all summer and all week makes them healthier? Guys get hurt every week in games, but if practice were more like games they wouldn’t?  This makes zero sense.

This isn’t your peewee football team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol how would it not? You think these guys beating each other’s arses all summer and all week makes them healthier? Guys get hurt every week in games, but if practice were more like games they wouldn’t?  This makes zero sense.

This isn’t your peewee football team.

Guys can’t go 0-100 and not expect to physically suffer because of it.

There is a physical toughness element of football. This isn’t 7 on 7 passing drills. You have to learn how to deal with pain and the best time where it’s inconsequential is during practice in the offseason.

Hell Harbaugh has even commented on how younger players are getting softer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2018/07/24/ravens-john-harbaugh-rookies-not-tough-nfl-veterans/825131002/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Guys can’t go 0-100 and not expect to physically suffer because of it.

There is a physical toughness element of football. This isn’t 7 on 7 passing drills. You have to learn how to deal with pain and the best time where it’s inconsequential is during practice in the offseason.

sure, but they’re not going 0-100.  They’re going 75-100 or whatever.  It’s not like they aren’t conditioning their bodies. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not sure of the numbers as of this second, but at one point iirc his team also had the most guys in the league on IR so…

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not trying to be an arse @candyman93, but there are decades of data compiled by people with PhD’s in stuff like neurology, orthopedics, sports medicine, kinesiology, etc., vs guys on the internet who look at unavoidable outcomes and holler “bullsht”.

That’s fair and I do “trust science”

However, where’s the studies done on the impact of player improvement / development in practice and more reps?

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe a (hopefully) quick reminder about what’s actually out there at the QB position would be a good thing?

Again, my criticism of Baker comes down to:

1. He is almost at the very bottom of the NFL when facing pressure, and he's actually getting worse, let alone getting better or even plateauing

2. He is way too inconsistent when the game plan gets thrown out the window (which has to happen due to a variety of factors, such as time, down/distance, 2 minute drill, etc.)

3. He really struggles to read pressure/a defense and know where to go with the football presnap, let alone making hot routes, sliding protection, or audibles

Make no mistake, I don't think Baker is BAD, and if our defense wasn't an abomination, we'd be 4-2 (I still think we lose to the Chiefs with those 3 second half turnovers) and maybe even have a SHOT against Arizona (that OBJ drop and those 2 TD that were in the Red Zone at 3rd and 21 and 3rd and 13 stand out), but I'd still have some concerns. Can HE be the reason WHY this offense is good? Can he carry an offense when we need him to (injuries, off script, etc.)? SHOULD we be paying him top tier money and/or a long term contract if we're going to get this type of a return (NO, we absolutely shouldn't IMO)?

I love his attitude.

I love his intensity.

I love his toughness.

I love his intangibles.

Those above concerns are absolutely legitimate and warranted. No, they're not all on him (The OT situation, the defense giving up a ton of points, both RB getting hurt), but at the same time, Lamar Jackson has carried that Baltimore offense on his back this year with similar issues on the offensive side with injuries, so I don't want to hear this overly apologetic narrative that somehow it can't be done either (and yes, I'm well aware of how good/great that Baltimore defense is).