Broncos LB Alexander Johnson tears pec; Out for season

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Denver has no ILB who can stop the run.    Jewell / Johnson were the 2 and Jewell knew where to be in pass coverage.    

Massive blow to Denver D in a lost season.   Honestly trading Von & Sutton shouldn’t be off the table.  

The Broncos problems are not player related. Their problem is coaching, playcalling and QB related.  Trading good players get you nowhere.

They need to have already fired Shurmer/Fangio.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Broncos problems are not player related. Their problem is coaching, playcalling and QB related.  Trading good players get you nowhere.

They need to have already fired Shurmer/Fangio.

Didn’t say their problems were player related.   But trading players who won’t be likely be here next year (Miller) or who aren’t worth the market price to re-sign when there’s a cheap alternative (Sutton with Patrick) is smart business.    But that’s another topic already started so I’ll leave it there). 

Edited by Broncofan

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Didn’t say their problems were player related.   But trading players who won’t be likely be here (Miller) or who aren’t worth the market price when there’s a cheap alternative (Sutton with Patrick) is smart business.   

Von will be extended, hes been fantastic this year plus Chubb cant be relied on to stay healthy. Getting rid of Von for a crappy asset just to have to spend the next 3 years trying to find his replacement would be a horrible business decision. Plus, you need his leadership through yet another coaching change.

Your next QB will be on a rookie contract so it allows you to keep assets like Sutton. Plus, with a rookie QB, you need all of the talent out there to help him that you can get.

1) Sell the team so it actually has some direction up top

2) Fire Fangio/Shurmer. Hire a young offensive mind like Kellen Moore as HC

3) Actually put somewhat of a effort in to drafting a 1st round QB.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Von will be extended, hes been fantastic this year plus Chubb cant be relied on to stay healthy. Getting rid of Von for a crappy asset just to have to spend the next 3 years trying to find his replacement would be a horrible business decision. Plus, you need his leadership through yet another coaching change.

Your next QB will be on a rookie contract so it allows you to keep assets like Sutton. Plus, with a rookie QB, you need all of the talent out there to help him that you can get.

Von was approached to take a pay cut this year and correctly stood his ground given the market.   Von gets to decide where he wants to play next year.   Paton knows this.   If they aren’t talking extension now (and beat guys said nothing so far) your assertion he’s staying isn’t based on anything tangible so far.  

And I say the above having planted the flag Von wasn’t going to take a pay cut and Paton was most likely going to blink.    This is different now.   Both because Paton has to commit to more years and Von gets free choice to go anywhere he wants.    I don’t know how anyone can think it’s a lock he re-signs.   I think it’s far more likely he goes to a place with a much better chance of winning right away.   Either way it’s better off in the Von Miller trade thread, lol.   

Edited by Broncofan

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Von was approached to take a pay cut this year and correctly stood his ground given the market.   Von gets to decide where he wants to play next year.   Paton knows this.   If they aren’t talking extension now (and beat guys said nothing so far) your assertion he’s staying isn’t based on anything tangible so far.  

And I say the above having planted the flag Von wasn’t going to take a pay cut and Paton was most likely going to blink.    This is different now.   Both because Paton has to commit to more years and Von gets free choice to go anywhere he wants.    I don’t know how anyone can think it’s a lock he re-signs.   I think it’s far more likely he goes to a place with a much better chance of winning right away.   Either way it’s better off in the Von Miller trade thread, lol.   

Von has on 15+ different occasions has gone out of his way to say "I want to finish my career in Denver and I want to be one of those players who plays for 1 team his whole career". If Paton gives him a competitive extention, he will be in Denver. Its up to Paton to not *** it up.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Von will be extended, hes been fantastic this year

Has he? You'd say "fantastic" to describe the last 3 games, i.e not the deadwood of the NFL?

I certainly wouldn't.

I admit, I got sucked into thinking he was back after the first 3 games but he's simply not been good enough in the last 3.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Has he? You'd say "fantastic" to describe the last 3 games, i.e not the deadwood of the NFL?

I certainly wouldn't.

I admit, I got sucked into thinking he was back after the first 3 games but he's simply not been good enough in the last 3.

I mean has anybody? By that same logic we can go ahead and cut Fuller/Darby/Simmons/Kareem as well after this season

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I mean has anybody? By that same logic we can go ahead and cut Fuller/Darby/Simmons/Kareem as well after this season

The situations of all those players are different.

Fuller is on a 1 year contract so yes, he's a goner.

Darby carries dead cap to get rid and he's also not 33 years old.

Simmons has just signed a multi year deal. Impossible to get rid of.

Kareem is on a 1 year deal too so yes, he's done.

Von is 33 and is going to want more money than he's worth to this team right now.

Not really sure what your point is really.

15 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The situations of all those players are different.

Fuller is on a 1 year contract so yes, he's a goner.

Darby carries dead cap to get rid and he's also not 33 years old.

Simmons has just signed a multi year deal. Impossible to get rid of.

Kareem is on a 1 year deal too so yes, he's done.

Von is 33 and is going to want more money than he's worth to this team right now.

Not really sure what your point is really.

My point is you don't get rid of a player of Von Miller caliber especially when your going to go through another QB/HC change. You need all of the locker room stability vyou can get and if he can prove this year he is still a 8-12 sack guy--the Broncos need to bring him back.

Also idk why some believe he is going to ask for some crazy amount of money. not sure where that notion comes from.