Fans vs Bye Week GDT: Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs. You kidding me (on pg3)....

Matts4313

Here is our bye week game: I will post a question for you all to debate. After a few days, new question new debate.

Debate topic 1:

zbacqo2wy7u71.jpg?width=646&auto=webp&s=

Has Dak Prescott surpassed Tony Romo in historical rankings? No panzy "not yet, give it time". The ONLY answers are yes or no. 

Follow up question: Where does Dak rank all time in Cowboys history?

Edited by Matts4313

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Has Dak Prescott surpassed Tony Romo in historical rankings? No panzy "not yet, give it time". The ONLY answers are yes or no. 

Follow up question: Where does Dak rank all time in Cowboys history?

No.

But, only based on Romo doing more with less for the majority of his career. Dak’s had way better toys at his disposal. Not sure Dak makes KM look good, but I do think Romo made Linehan look really good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

No.

But, only based on Romo doing more with less for the majority of his career. Dak’s had way better toys at his disposal. Not sure Dak makes KM look good, but I do think Romo made Linehan look really good.

If Dak gets to the Championship game or 🙏🏻 The Super Bowl 🙏🏻 Then yes, he surpasses Romo no doubt! 

48 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

No.

Romo was amazing, especially considering he came from such a small school. However, living in South Philly during his career I was constantly reminded, and really could not always defend, he was a choke artist.

6 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Romo was amazing, especially considering he came from such a small school. However, living in South Philly during his career I was constantly reminded, and really could not always defend, he was a choke artist.

I think if parcels would have stayed they go to a Super Bowl with Romo. The dropped snap on a chip shot Fg was just a freak thing that happened. The Giants game in the playoffs he played poorly. The whole Cabo thing did not help

39 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m going to say yes.

The real answer is “not yet”, because if he retired today, he’d certainly rank below. But the trajectory is clear. It’s just a matter of when, not if, he’ll pass Romo, IMO.

I'm too lazy at this moment to reply so I'll just say this is closest to my opinion

47 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

I think if parcels would have stayed they go to a Super Bowl with Romo. The dropped snap on a chip shot Fg was just a freak thing that happened. The Giants game in the playoffs he played poorly. The whole Cabo thing did not help

Everything you just mentioned, with the exception of Cabo, IS the definition of a choke artist. 

I will cut him some slack on the Dez "catch/no catch. He put that ball where it needed to be and the official blew it. But bad luck and bad calls tend to gravitate to choke artists. It's just the nature of it.

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Romo was Magic. Something truly special to watch. You’d hold your breath with anticipation knowing you are about to witness something spectacular. 

Dak is inevitable. Doubt or deny him all you want and he continues his surgical March. Obliterating history and barriers along the way. 

If the rankings were based on brain cells killed due to holding your breath, Romo would forever be the GOAT.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Ugh, I thought the choke artist label was debunked to death many, many years ago. Romo was very clutch. He had a magic about him that made me feel like the team could win against anyone, no matter the circumstances. I think Dak could really surpass Romo, but I truly don’t know that the team would have been more successful if Dak was theoretically substituted for Romo during the Romo years. Romo was far, farrrr from being the reason for the Cowboys lack of success during his  run with the team. 

Edited by NoFlyZone
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Ugh, I thought the choke artist label was debunked to death many, many years ago. Romo was very clutch. He had a magic about him that made me feel like the team could win against anyone, no matter the circumstances. I think Dak could really surpass Romo, but I truly don’t know that the team would have been more successful if Dak was theoretically substituted for Romo during the Romo years. Romo was far, farrrr from being the reason for the Cowboys lack of success during his  run with the team. 

His numbers don't lie. He was "statistically" the best QB we have ever had. But too many times in big games he came up small. 

I had to hear it every time. And after awhile, you just catch yourself saying the same stuff in his defense. Looking at it through their lens, yeah, I could see what they were saying.