Fans vs Bye Week GDT: Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs. You kidding me (on pg3)....

Matts4313

21 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

My answer is yes. While Romo is more talented than Dak, he was very polarizing and initially rubbed people the wrong way (44-6 press conference). While he was magical, it always seemed that he had a dark cloud/black cat that followed him. Bad things would happen to him at the worst of times. The dropped FG, the back injuries, Dez "non" catch, the T.O. & Witten situation, to name a few of them. He just couldn't overcome it. 

With Dak, he is by far the better leader than Romo with better intangibles. While he's less talented than Romo, you get the feeling that the "sky is the limit" with Dak and he's only going to get better. Unlike Romo (who attempted PGA tours and went to Cabo in a bye week), it's clear that Dak's main focus is football.

Dak will surpass Romo in stats before he retires and for the first time in 25 years, he'll lead the Cowboys to an NFC Championship Game.

I think I read a few posters say Romo was more talented than Dak. Not sure how you guys define talent? whether it be physical traits such as arm strength, footwork, accuracy etc.. or even intangible traits such as feel, instincts, touch, courage in and out of the pocket, leadership. If I am missing something, please provide, but it appears through my eyes, Romo doesn't have a talent advantage at all. What am I missing?

Edited by resilient part 2

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Question Two:

huahtous680pdjq5eebb

Which Coordinator is doing the best job when you factor in everything. Everything being: Players development, talent level, penalties, being in the "right call at the right time", proper mix of aggressive/conservative schemes, etc.

Obviously one has more to work with. But that shouldn't be seen as a knock, because coaches often has "more to work with" yet don't capitalize on what they have. Hard to imagine KM doing a better job right now )except maybe better read zone calls/executions.

Flip side taking a much maligned unit with our defense and making it work better or far better than many expect should NOT be understated.

Conclusion I grade our OC an A+ and or DC a A- 

25 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I think I read a few posters say Romo was more talented than Dak. Not sure how you guys define talent? whether it be physical traits such as arm strength, footwork, accuracy etc.. or even intangible traits such as feel, instincts, touch, courage in and out of the pocket, leadership. If I am missing something, please provide, but it appears through my eyes, Romo doesn't have a talent advantage at all. What am I missing?

Romo had more athletic ability and could throw more difficult passes, imo. For as big and good of a runner as Dak is, he's not going to be mistaken for Mike Vick any time soon. 

So far I would say Quinn has done the best but it is real early.  I am expecting the D based on what I have to seen to be even better once DLaw and Gallimore return.  But if we don't see steady improvement then this can change.  KM has been great but has yet to achieve the steadiness needed that comes with experience.  There still are too many WTH moments with our offensive play calling.  Special teams have also been improved yet I see way too many mistakes for a high level team.  

From some one who watch Romo from the begining people must have forgot or just not noticed how athletic and skilled Romo was when he first came in the league.  Romo was almost impossible to sack and capable of making amazing throws on the run. Romo also "saw" the field extremely well almost from the start.  Dak was amazing as a rook and did IMO as good as any Rook has ever done.  Yet you could for sure argue that while Dak was still a great QB it did take 2-3 years for him to develop the feel for the game and to learn how to fully read defenses and make the "right" throw.  As far as talent around him, I would say Dak and Romo were about even. Though this is tough to gauge as Romo played much longer but it you look at say 6 years top and average that Romo had.  With the OL, Romo slight edge for a couple of those years due to injury situation. With RB-WR-TE. about even though Romo  I would say had a number of years with out the same talent.  D...   about even slight edge to Romo here  ONE thing also to consider is coaching as well.  While Romo played with some teams that had a good D coordinator and Red Bird was great with Romo, the head coach situation with Romo was no better then what Dak had to deal with.  I.E.  Tell me this IN all the years watching the NFL how many times have you seen your basically pro bowl level QB HOLDING SNAPS>.  Romo had enough things to deal with as a starter on a play off team, you also had to have him take the time to work with the kickers as well holding snaps.....  come on man.  I also still blame the coaching for the play off loss to the Giants when the coaches changed the game plan that worked perfectly the first two games against Giants. 

On 10/20/2021 at 10:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

Question Two:

huahtous680pdjq5eebb

Which Coordinator is doing the best job when you factor in everything. Everything being: Players development, talent level, penalties, being in the "right call at the right time", proper mix of aggressive/conservative schemes, etc.

1 - Moore
2 - Quinn
3 - Bones

Moore is a top 3 OC in the league and has the offense humming. We’re gonna miss him next year.

I thought about putting DQ  at 1, just because of how awful this defense was last year. They still have holes, but his reinvention and the his defense has been solid. Reasonable chance we may miss him too next year.

Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

1 - Moore
2 - Quinn
3 - Bones

Moore is a top 3 OC in the league and has the offense humming. We’re gonna miss him next year.

I really really thought about putting DQ  at 1, just because of how awful this defense was last year. They still have holes, but his reinvention and the his defense has been solid. Reasonable chance we may miss him too next year.

JJ just needs to open the wallet and pay these guys for at least a couple of more seasons.

On 10/20/2021 at 10:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

My answer to this is:

Yes, Dak has surpassed Tony. I dont have the same emotional investment into Dak as I did Tony, yet, so its hard to say this. But Dak, imo, has played at a consistently higher level than Romo did. Obviously their playstyles are polar opposites, and I truly believe Dak's is better suited for consistent winning. Same reason why I would take Emmitt over Barry. Having a consistent, predictably good presence at QB is such a win.

Question Two:

huahtous680pdjq5eebb

Here is my answer: 

I think in terms of improved play within this season the order goes: Bones, Quinn, Moore 

Our special teams was absolutely terrible week 1 and 2. At this point though we are solid. Defense is a bit harder to judge improvement because Tampa and San Diego are the two best teams weve played and they were early. Offense is doing the same as the last 2 years with Dak. 

Overall who is the best of the 3, the order goes the opposite way. Moore, Quinn, Bones.

Question 3:

Rank the playoff seedings and a % likelihood that you personally believe we will make an NFC Champ game based on the match ups. 

AFC Playoff Standings: Division leaders

1. Baltimore Ravens (5-1) – AFC North
2. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2) – AFC West
3. Tennessee Titans (3-2) – AFC South
4. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – AFC East

AFC Wild Card standings

5. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
6. Las Vegas Raiders (4-2)
7. Cleveland Browns (4-3)

NFC Playoff Standings: Division leaders

1. Arizona Cardinals (6-0) – NFC West
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-1) – NFC South
3. Green Bay Packers (5-1) – NFC North
4. Dallas Cowboys (5-1) – NFC East

NFC Wild Card standings

5. Los Angeles Rams (5-1)
6. New Orleans Saints (3-2)
7. Minnesota Vikings (3-3)

Edited by Matts4313

AFC Playoff Standings

1. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – AFC East
2. Baltimore Ravens (5-1) – AFC North
3. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2) – AFC West
4. Tennessee Titans (3-2) – AFC South

Wild Card

6. Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)
7. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
8. Las Vegas Raiders (4-2)

NFC Playoff Standings

1. Arizona Cardinals (6-0) – NFC West
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-1) – NFC South
3. Dallas Cowboys (5-1) – NFC East
4. Green Bay Packers (5-1) – NFC North

Wild Card

5. Los Angeles Rams (5-1)
6. Carolina Panthers (3-3)
7. San Francisco 49ers (2-3)

Match-Ups

Wild Card Weekend

Raiders @ Ravens

Bengals @ Chargers

Chiefs @ Titians

49ers @ Buccaneers

Panthers @ Cowboys

Rams @ Packers

Divisional Weekend

Chiefs @ Bills

Chargers @ Ravens

Rams @ Cardinals

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

Conference Weekend

Chargers @ Bills

Rams @ Cowboys

I'd say we have a 55% chance to make it to the Conference Game. Feel good about playing the Panthers. Don't feel Great about playing the Bucs. Both games are winnable.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

AFC Playoff Standings

1. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – AFC East
2. Baltimore Ravens (5-1) – AFC North
3. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2) – AFC West
4. Tennessee Titans (3-2) – AFC South

Wild Card

6. Kansas City Chiefs (3-3)
7. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
8. Las Vegas Raiders (4-2

@htfryar => have you returned at last?