Fans vs Bye Week GDT: Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs. You kidding me (on pg3)....

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'd say we have a 55% chance to make it to the Conference Game. Feel good about playing the Panthers. Don't feel Great about playing the Bucs. Both games are winnable.

55% is probably the percentage if you get a 1st round bye, because you only have to play 1 game, and it’s at home. 

But if you don’t, you have to win 2 games. Even if you say you have a 90% chance to beat the Panthers, and a 60% chance to win at Tampa (both odds are far too generous), that only equates to a 54% chance.

The reality is probably closer to 65% against Carolina, and 45% at Tampa. Which gives you ~30% chance at making the conference championship with that path.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Why?

Home field advantage and a bye week aren’t enough incentive for a team that wants to win the Super Bowl?

A Bye week would be lovely. My larger concern is once we got our division in the bag, each game that follows is less important. Especially if Arizona continues to win. The urgency shifts from: Make the playoffs to either...go for the bye or stay healthy.

24 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

A Bye week would be lovely. My larger concern is once we got our division in the bag, each game that follows is less important. Especially if Arizona continues to win. The urgency shifts from: Make the playoffs to either...go for the bye or stay healthy.

Division win is already just a formality. 1st round bye essentially doubles your chance of making the NFC Championship game. I don’t think that lacks for any sense of urgency.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'm not convinced on Arizona yet. 

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

So you just aren’t sold on anyone, then.

Not yet. Give it until Thanksgiving. Then you will begin to see who is making a push for the postseason or higher seeding etc.

You will also see the frauds begin to fall apart.

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Yeah I mean, you are only 33%, roughly, into the season. 

Lotta football to play gentlemen.

Yeah, I mean, this is obviously true.

Still think betting against the Cardinals to be fighting for a high playoff seed is a bold strategy at this point. Seems like you aren’t sold yet specifically because it’s still early, and literally no other reason.