Fans vs Bye Week GDT: Playoffs? Dont talk about playoffs. You kidding me (on pg3)....

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I mean, this is obviously true.

Still think betting against the Cardinals to be fighting for a high playoff seed is a bold strategy at this point. Seems like you aren’t sold yet specifically because it’s still early, and literally no other reason.

That exactly right. Strong out of the gate but not much for stamina.

I mean, I could very easily be wrong, but I just got a hunch they are not going to be this good for 17 weeks.

To be honest, the ONLY team that really worried me was Buffalo.

Until Monday night that is.

I noticed Allen struggles when throwing to his left. We have a very good CB that can cut the field in half forcing him to play to his weakside.

Also, they gave up a ton of yards on the ground. We have a very potent running attack.

Of course, we would only see them in 1 place,the SB.

and of course if that should happen, the superstition of "payback" for the 90s teams would be looming.

But that's just Halloween getting me.

8 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I noticed Allen struggles when throwing to his left. We have a very good CB that can cut the field in half forcing him to play to his weakside.

I am fairly certain Allen is ambidextrous. Or at least I remember an article about him beating all his teammates in competitions left handed to 'handicap' himself. He doesnt have a typical "weak side". It might have been a fluke that game. 

As for the rest of the debate - most of the time these teams that 'fall off' happen to suffer injuries that changes their strategies. Its basically impossible to know which teams that will happen to. But as of this very moment, I think the Cards and Bills both look like strong contenders to make a championship game appearance. 

Edited by Matts4313

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

As for the rest of the debate - most of the time these teams that 'fall off' happen to suffer injuries that changes their strategies. Its basically impossible to know which teams that will happen to. But as of this very moment, I think the Cards and Bills both look like strong contenders to make a championship game appearance. 

I agree. I do think there are some teams that have been playing with fire, or have had easy schedules, and might not be as good as their record.

Baltimore, LAC, Vegas seem like they could be in the discussion there.

But Arizona is just trouncing some really good teams. I think there’s pretty ample reason to believe they are legit.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree. I do think there are some teams that have been playing with fire, or have had easy schedules, and might not be as good as their record.

Baltimore, LAC, Vegas seem like they could be in the discussion there.

But Arizona is just trouncing some really good teams. I think there’s pretty ample reason to believe they are legit.

Okay, let's check back after 🦃.

Like I said, the Bills give me pause. I'm not too worried about anyone in the NFC other than Brady.

Remember, the post season is an entirely different game and Brady plays it better than anyone ever has. But I still like us in that match up.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, Matts4313 said:

Here is my answer: 

I think in terms of improved play within this season the order goes: Bones, Quinn, Moore 

Our special teams was absolutely terrible week 1 and 2. At this point though we are solid. Defense is a bit harder to judge improvement because Tampa and San Diego are the two best teams weve played and they were early. Offense is doing the same as the last 2 years with Dak. 

Overall who is the best of the 3, the order goes the opposite way. Moore, Quinn, Bones.

Question 3:

Rank the playoff seedings and a % likelihood that you personally believe we will make an NFC Champ game based on the match ups. 

AFC Playoff Standings: Division leaders

1. Baltimore Ravens (5-1) – AFC North
2. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2) – AFC West
3. Tennessee Titans (3-2) – AFC South
4. Buffalo Bills (4-2) – AFC East

AFC Wild Card standings

5. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2)
6. Las Vegas Raiders (4-2)
7. Cleveland Browns (4-3)

NFC Playoff Standings: Division leaders

1. Arizona Cardinals (6-0) – NFC West
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-1) – NFC South
3. Green Bay Packers (5-1) – NFC North
4. Dallas Cowboys (5-1) – NFC East

NFC Wild Card standings

5. Los Angeles Rams (5-1)
6. New Orleans Saints (3-2)
7. Minnesota Vikings (3-3)

So, Matts, what is your answer?

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So, Matts, what is your answer?

Quick answer as I am prepping for an appointment: 

I think we end up with a top 3 seed based on schedules. If we are a 1 seed, I think its very likely that includes a trip to the NFC Champ game. If we are not the 1 seed, I would drop it to ~30-40%

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Quick answer as I am prepping for an appointment: 

I think we end up with a top 3 seed based on schedules. If we are a 1 seed, I think its very likely that includes a trip to the NFC Champ game. If we are not the 1 seed, I would drop it to ~30-40%

FWIW, based on ESPN’s FPI, our expected record is just about 12-5. That would likely leave us as the #3 or #4 seed.

Show our quarterback-adjusted Elo forecastShow our traditional Elo forecast
            AVERAGE SIMULATED SEASON PLAYOFF CHANCES

ELO WITH TOP QB
1-WEEK CHANGE CURRENT QB ADJ.   TEAM DIVISION
RECORD
POINT DIFF. MAKE PLAYOFFS WIN DIVISION 1ST-ROUND BYE WIN SUPER BOWL
+8
  TB-logo Buccaneers6-1 NFC South 13-4 +172.7 98% 86% 25% 17%

BUF-logo Bills4-2 AFC East 12-5 +201.7 96% 92% 25% 14%
  ARI-logo Cardinals7-0 NFC West 14-3 +172.0 99% 67% 36% 12%
+6
  LAR-logo Rams6-1 NFC West 13-4 +119.7 97% 32% 16% 10%
+10
  GB-logo Packers6-1 NFC North 12-5 +59.9 94% 84% 10% 7%

-8 DAL-logo Cowboys5-1 NFC East 12-5 +113.2 94% 92% 10% 6%

LAC-logo Chargers4-2 AFC West 11-6 +52.0 82% 55% 16% 6%
  BAL-logo Ravens5-2 AFC North 11-6 +55.9 80% 37% 13%

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

538 has us as >3 point favorites in every game except Minny, KC, NO, and Arizona, which are basically pick’ems.

I really think 12-5 should be the floor of expectations for us.

What in the hell is sooooo impressive about Minnesota???? KC sucks and Jamis Winston couldn't QB his way out of a wet paper bag.

Again, Ariz could go 17 -0, they just strike me as a Cowboys 13-3 type team. They get beat in their 1st post season game.