Bears (3-3) at Bucs (5-1)

indifference

Good thing the Bucs are deep at receiver and TE although taking away both trusted 3rd down targets in AB and Gronk will hurt. The one game they lost was when Brown was missing the game and Gronk was hurt during the game. They won't lose but they to make up for it by making some more explosive plays to Godwin and Evans down the field and not get in too many 3rd downs.

48 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Might not be the worst thing if JPP gets the week off.  The D did a really good job of keeping Hurts in the pocket.  They got in trouble when JPP didn t establish the edge.   They cannot let Fields roll to his right.  

BA (or maybe Bowles) said Tryon is our QB spy.

Well. Didn't call him by name. But said we found our guy for it.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Not placing Gronk on IR and then losing Davis on waivers when Carlton went down turned out to be a stupid move.

Ultimately but I think after losing Davis there was no urgency with bringing back Gronkowski. My sense is that some of the players could have played if this was a playoff game and they think, well Brady can work around that for the time being. I'm more interested what happens against the Saints. I think they will be much more urgent bringing back some players back in the fold.

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

Ultimately but I think after losing Davis there was no urgency with bringing back Gronkowski. My sense is that some of the players could have played if this was a playoff game and they think, well Brady can work around that for the time being. I'm more interested what happens against the Saints. I think they will be much more urgent bringing back some players back in the fold.

It s just bad overall roster mgmt.  They risked losing a 2nd yr player(sure day 3 pick) when they did not to risk it.  The DL has 3 UFAs at the end of the seaon.  Your practice squad is Potoa e (who has shown to get blown off the LOS in preseason and Previlon (who?).  Not suggesting Davis will be anything more then a JAG.  However, the organization does deserve criticism on this one because they thought enough of Davis to make it on the 53 man roster week 1.  

It was a mistake, not critical, but still an error.