Week 7 GDT - Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: The revenge of Jimmy G

J-ALL-DAY

3 hours ago, N4L said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/19/atmospheric-river-storms-to-soak-bay-area-northern-california-biggest-in-9-months/

But another big one shaping up for Sunday night was upgraded to a category 5 on Tuesday, the highest in a five-level scale. 

HUGE storm coming in Sunday night

Colts DL is very stout, especially on the interior, its going to be pouring.... Jimmy is going to turn the ball over multiple times, isn't he?? smh. 

Lol we might see Sudfeld if Lance isn't ready.

4 hours ago, N4L said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/10/19/atmospheric-river-storms-to-soak-bay-area-northern-california-biggest-in-9-months/

But another big one shaping up for Sunday night was upgraded to a category 5 on Tuesday, the highest in a five-level scale. 

HUGE storm coming in Sunday night

Colts DL is very stout, especially on the interior, its going to be pouring.... Jimmy is going to turn the ball over multiple times, isn't he?? smh. 

3bjebg.jpg

If it's heavy rain, then the odds will be even with any team against any other. So basically the same as it was before the rain prediction. 

BTW in that huge rain game against the Redskins Jimmy turned the ball over once for what it was worth. About on par with a normal outing :) 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes or no on pulling the trigger on trading for Xavien Howard? 

Was there a report on Miami wanting to trade him or is this just hypothetical? His contract isn't crazy for a top CB, but I feel like we'd have to do some restructuring to make this happen. Maybe Miami wants Jimmy G? (lol Jimmy G is my new Marquise Goodwin) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Was there a report on Miami wanting to trade him or is this just hypothetical? His contract isn't crazy for a top CB, but I feel like we'd have to do some restructuring to make this happen. Maybe Miami wants Jimmy G? (lol Jimmy G is my new Marquise Goodwin) 

There have been rumors of Howard being traded for years lol. 

I do think he can probably be had at the deadline. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Por que? 

Well, likely depends on cost and whether or not he wants a new deal, which is common. He's unhappy with his current deal and I'm not giving him a new one at current market rate. I don't think he's putting this team over the top or anything, so I'm not in a hurry to land him. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, likely depends on cost and whether or not he wants a new deal, which is common. He's unhappy with his current deal and I'm not giving him a new one at current market rate. I don't think he's putting this team over the top or anything, so I'm not in a hurry to land him. 

Did the Dolphins not work out a new deal for him in the offseason? What was that about? 

I mean one issue this team has is forcing turnovers...Howard will certainly change that and provide the defense a quality corner that it is missing. I don't think the cost for him is going to be anything crazy. Will be needing to sign a corner in the offseason as it is. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Did the Dolphins not work out a new deal for him in the offseason? What was that about? 

I mean one issue this team has is forcing turnovers...Howard will certainly change that and provide the defense a quality corner that it is missing. I don't think the cost for him is going to be anything crazy. Will be needing to sign a corner in the offseason as it is. 

All they did was move money around to give him more now.  His next three years are 13, 12, 12. Way under market if you consider him a good corner.  I believe he hired a new agent and has had no qualms with showing his displeasure. 

It's also a catch 22. If he doesn't want new money or a new deal, his value in trade goes up. If he does, then you're paying big money to a 29 year old corner with a pretty consistent history of very good and bad years (he tends to alternate). 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There have been rumors of Howard being traded for years lol. 

I do think he can probably be had at the deadline. 

I figured that all got sorted out when they re-worked his contract. Reading you and @Forge back and forth, that may not be something that keeps him happy for long though.