Week 7 GDT - Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: The revenge of Jimmy G

J-ALL-DAY

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just assume that everyone is hurt at every part of their body at any given time and it's just a question on whether they can play through it

Wonder how long Jimmy stays on the field. Hopefully Lance will at least be active, although that kind of seems like a long shot at this point. Look at the bright side though, at least Skule won't be in there taking a whooping like he did against the Packers in prime time last year. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Wonder how long Jimmy stays on the field. Hopefully Lance will at least be active, although that kind of seems like a long shot at this point. Look at the bright side though, at least Skule won't be in there taking a whooping like he did against the Packers in prime time last year. 

Yeah, looking like Lance is a no go this week

Kinlaw pick really just looks worse and worse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think you and I were in lockstep on this pick. Sure he could end up being a beast, but with his injury history, this was a terribly risky pick. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

You don't want Lance playing in bad conditions with a knee sprain anyways. So I think even if he was feeling a bit better, he would be a no go this week regardless. 

Kinlaw can still go I think. 

Holy ish, Kinlaw posted "I have no injury" after posting something yesterday stating it was politics or something.

So what exactly is going on here? Are they just trying to keep him fresh for the games or do they want to try someone else at his spot and are using his injury as an excuse to do so? 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Holy ish, Kinlaw posted "I have no injury" after posting something yesterday stating it was politics or something.

So what exactly is going on here? Are they just trying to keep him fresh for the games or do they want to try someone else at his spot and are using his injury as an excuse to do so? 

Lol this team is a hot mess

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty sure he was saying that throughout training camp too. Who knows what's going on anymore. Aiyuk can't see the field and they seem to be openly talking bad about him. 

JGjunNs0Xa_-MV3b.jpg

2 hours ago, John232 said:

Guy has shown talent but it’s so depressing considering what lamb and wirfs have done.

Ooof. I loved both those dudes in the pre-draft process (along with some others). I was all aboard getting Jordan Elliott or Epenesa with the 2nd first after either Lamb or Wirfs. One of those names looks like an actual upgrade. I mean, I think Arik would thrive at full-time 3T with Epenesa doing the end/tackle choo choo. Maybe not if he had to play a lot of 1T on 1st downs, but who runs anymore anyway? XD I just really, really hope that Aiyuk can take the heat and doesn't go Dante' Pettis on us. There's a player in there. And even Odell Beckham has struggled with the route tree and timing and chemistry of a full time X/SE in a similar offense. It's easier being the guy that doesn't get those splits and that attention. L

Aiyuk's future is worth a pretty large chunk of to the good or bad for us. He could end up possibly useless and possibly the second highest value-added spot on the team. Not Trey Lance value added, mind. That's the ultimate roll of the dice. And the ultimate way that we end up feeling good about ourselves (though a trade of first round picks and two other full first round picks is a freaking lot). I'd have to say that the progression of both Lamar and (QB) Josh Allen since they've entered the league is still a point in Lance's favor. Both of those dudes were just as raw and just as physically nuts as rookies. And Lance by all accounts has an exceptional work ethic. He'll get what he can out of himself. Ultimately, I'm still hopeful and excited about the team, but the performances by some key rookie contracts can pretty quickly kill that. I will say that the Dolphins, Panthers, Falcons, and Broncos are all feeling pretty rough about their QB situation and might also really regret not casting the dice in this past draft instead of the coming one (or on Sam Darnold). I'd much rather have my Teddy Bridgewater/Jimmy G/etc. type with a real future. At least the Eagles have a crapton of good picks for their gamble. It's a rough league. Weird things happen. Like, maybe Carson Wentz is good? Maybe he was playing two crappy defenses the past two games? If you're the Colts, you better hope you get good data points, because you have a first round pick on the line along with a boatload of future cash. It's awkward right now being the 49ers. And it's even more frustrating to watch the Rams and Cardinals be exceptionally good. But we're also in a fascinating situation right now. We've got our hopes for the future in house. Here's to seeing how that works out with all of you (mostly) good people. ;)

• Like 2

Yeah, I totally did not catch that Kinlaw conversation above.

between Aiyuk apparently not knowing the playbook and Kinlaw not..being injured..I’m losing faith pretty quickly in this FO to get us anywhere near the talent level needed to consistently compete. They know talent, but they take so many risks that are just not needed. Sermon, Kinlaw, Aiyuk, Ford (when you could have had Barrett), literally not addressing RG until this year then totally whiffing.

we’re heading towards perpetual mediocrity unless Lance can be the one.