Derrick Henry 4 MVP

biggie.

In my honest opinion, there is no other player in the league whose absence would negatively affect a team nearly as much as Henry. He is easily the engine of TEN's offense and helps give their struggling defense a break.

And he's doing this in an era where RBs are supposed to be just a dime in a dozen.

Edited by biggie.

19 minutes ago, biggie. said:

whose absence would negatively affect a team nearly as much as Henry.

You did see that the Cowboys went down ~250 yards and ~20 points a game after Dak got injured last year, right? 

RB can never have the importance of a QB. Never. No team, not ever. Maybe 30 years ago,  but not in 2021. Ryan Tannehill is still their most important player, by a landslide. 

• Like 2

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You did see that the Cowboys went down ~250 yards and ~20 points a game after Dak got injured last year, right? 

RB can never have the importance of a QB. Never. No team, not ever. Maybe 30 years ago,  but not in 2021. Ryan Tannehill is still their most important player, by a landslide. 

LOL get real. At least 20 QBs can do what Tannehill is doing right now. He's not remotely close to as valuable as Henry.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

LOL get real. At least 20 QBs can do what Tannehill is doing right now. He's not remotely close to as valuable as Henry.

Then that means that there are at least 20 QBs more valuable than Henry. You know what happens to Henrys production if you take him off the field? Another RB easily steps in and will give you most of what Derrick Henry is. The rest of the production fall off will be absorbed by the passing game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Explain to me how you "interchange" a Lamar Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, etc.?

I think he is saying because there are a lot of elite QBs that makes Henry more unique. Which is correct, but still stupid as hell. Justin Tucker is one of the most unique players  in NFL history, he's nobodies MVP either. 

Well, maybe he is the MVP of Ravens fans hearts, but you get my point. 

• Like 1

This is why I hate how the NFL MVP works.  

Henry leads the league in total yards and total touchdowns.  He is clearly the reason why the Titans are 4-2.  He could challenge LDT's 31 TDs.  He could break the record for most rushing yards in a season.

And yet I'm to believe he isn't even in the top 3 conversation?  

I hate how much we overthink this award.  Yeah, QBs are the most important part of football.  And by that logic, then well, even Joe Burrow is more worthy of MVP than Derrick Henry.  But it shouldn't be that way.  MVP shouldn't be taken so literally.  It should go to the guy who was the star of the season.  The one who was the most dominant.  The guy who had the most highlights and by and large was considered the best player on the field every week.  Yes I agree it should happen on a winning team, but IMO it just screws guys like Derrick Henry.  He's on pace for one of the greatest and most dominant seasons of all-time and doing it on a 4-2 Titans team.  He should be in the conversation and I'd argue he should be leading the pack.  

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

This is why I hate how the NFL MVP works.  

Henry leads the league in total yards and total touchdowns.  He is clearly the reason why the Titans are 4-2.  He could challenge LDT's 31 TDs.  He could break the record for most rushing yards in a season.

And yet I'm to believe he isn't even in the top 3 conversation?  

I hate how much we overthink this award.  Yeah, QBs are the most important part of football.  And by that logic, then well, even Joe Burrow is more worthy of MVP than Derrick Henry.  But it shouldn't be that way.  MVP shouldn't be taken so literally.  It should go to the guy who was the star of the season.  The one who was the most dominant.  The guy who had the most highlights and by and large was considered the best player on the field every week.  Yes I agree it should happen on a winning team, but IMO it just screws guys like Derrick Henry.  He's on pace for one of the greatest and most dominant seasons of all-time and doing it on a 4-2 Titans team.  He should be in the conversation and I'd argue he should be leading the pack.  

The MVP race is perfect as it is now because it only goes to QBs; it was broke when it regularly went to RBs. The award you are talking about is OPOY - which Henry won last year. It goes to the most dominating offensive player whose position maybe isnt valuable; like a RB. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2