Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

I would still like another CB for depth in case another injury and Alexander isn't back...

And maybe a TE depending on Tonyan's injury, but that reminded me of Nelson's ACL injury...

Maybe check in with the Giants and see what they'd want for TE Evan Engram... whom honestly I consider more of a WR than a TE... but Lazard is more or a TE than a WR, so why not have both and mix and match?

Engram might not block well, but reported 240 lbs and can run a 4.4... could use him like Marcel Reece in the passing game, put him in the backfield like he's going to be a lead blocker and play action, Safety comes down, and he's off to the races with 4.4 speed...

And if you want to go with a more traditional TE the Giants also have TE Kyle Rudolph, whom spend a decade as a Viking. He might be past his prime but he still has extremely consistent hands.

Or continue our trend of getting guys from the Texans and look into TE Jordan Akins.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unfortunately looks like we'll have to go TE shopping. Not that Tonyan was a big receiving threat when all our WRs are healthy, but the threat of him working the seam keeps things open on the outside. 

Is it impossible for Deguara to fill that role and Dafney replace him in the H-back role? I think Deguara has that ability. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Unfortunately looks like we'll have to go TE shopping. Not that Tonyan was a big receiving threat when all our WRs are healthy, but the threat of him working the seam keeps things open on the outside. 

I don't know we got Dafney back who can fill Deguara's role and Deguara looked the part receiving last night. I'd rather see a DT (Tim Settle - WFT) so we don't have to see Lancaster on the field anymore. 

Here's an interesting name we haven't heard before (haha)....what about Will Fuller (again)? 

He basically isn't even being used in Miami (I think like 5 receptions on the year) and GB obviously really wanted him last season but Houston wanted too much. Fuller is on IR right now but is expected back soon (broken finger). 

I believe the remainder of his salary this season is around $500,000 (Miami eats the rest as signing bonus). He's also a FA next year so it makes sense for Miami to move him for probably even a 6th at this point. 

Cooks would be the bigger score but he'll probably have a market and require a better draft pick. This time around, we could probably get Fuller for nothing. 

Edited by packfanfb

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't know we got Dafney back who can fill Deguara's role and Deguara looked the part receiving last night. I'd rather see a DT (Tim Settle - WFT) so we don't have to see Lancaster on the field anymore. 

Settle would be an underrated get. Had 5 sacks last year and is buried behind two super studs in Payne/Allen. Our DL has really picked it up lately (Keke and Lowry playing better), but you can never have enough big guys who can collapse the pocket. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

The Giants arent trading Engram. Not happening. Gettleman would be burned at the stake if he ditched that talent - then he'd be fired.

He's a free agent after this year and likely does not sign with the Giants. Otherwise, he'd have signed already. Also, not a guy you pay franchise money to so they aren't tagging him. 

A 5th in 2022 or a 6th or 7th the year after?

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's a free agent after this year and likely does not sign with the Giants. Otherwise, he'd have signed already. Also, not a guy you pay franchise money to so they aren't tagging him. 

A 5th in 2022 or a 6th or 7th the year after?

I dont see it happening.