Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

57 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Here's an interesting name we haven't heard before (haha)....what about Will Fuller (again)? 

He basically isn't even being used in Miami (I think like 5 receptions on the year) and GB obviously really wanted him last season but Houston wanted too much. Fuller is on IR right now but is expected back soon (broken finger). 

I believe the remainder of his salary this season is around $500,000 (Miami eats the rest as signing bonus). He's also a FA next year so it makes sense for Miami to move him for probably even a 6th at this point. 

Cooks would be the bigger score but he'll probably have a market and require a better draft pick. This time around, we could probably get Fuller for nothing. 

Fullers jersey nameplate says FULLER IV, should just change it to FULLER IR.  

No Chance.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Giants arent trading Engram. Not happening. Gettleman would be burned at the stake if he ditched that talent - then he'd be fired.

...I don't think you know just how jaded Giants fans are with regards to Engram and his very inconsistent hands.

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I dont see Gute doing much before the deadline.  Maybe getting some scrubs off a practice Sq.  

However. everything changes when Rodgers steps in his office to review options.  🤣🤣

You don't give Gute enough credit.  He picked up:  new punter, ILB, corner, DL, WR who have contributed greatly.   If Rodgers had anything to do with their being added ... great on both Gute and Rodgers.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Fullers jersey nameplate says FULLER IV, should just change it to FULLER IR.  

No Chance.

I generally agree, but for the fact we REALLY wanted him last year, he cost basically the vet min on the cap, and he'd probably cost us a late day 3 pick to get. Only reason why I bring it up. Fuller is hurt a lot so he's not a long term guy anyways. But he's also shown throughout his career that he can be a good weapon with a good QB. We happen to have one. 

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

You don't give Gute enough credit.  He picked up:  new punter, ILB, corner, DL, WR who have contributed greatly.   If Rodgers had anything to do with their being added ... great on both Gute and Rodgers.  

I give Gute full credit for his moves. Hes the one that makes them.   I have trust in him going forward.     Some of his draft picks raises some questions (as with many GMs), but on personnel moves he isnt wrong very often.   You saw the roster depth he built last night.  

Edited by NFLGURU

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I generally agree, but for the fact we REALLY wanted him last year, he cost basically the vet min on the cap, and he'd probably cost us a late day 3 pick to get. Only reason why I bring it up. Fuller is hurt a lot so he's not a long term guy anyways. But he's also shown throughout his career that he can be a good weapon with a good QB. We happen to have one. 

Too fragile.  Cant count on him to play.  If the Packer got him today, the chances of him missing time down the stretch is pretty good.  Thats a waste of a pick.  I'm not sure I'd take him for free.  Unreliable.

I'd actually be a little surprised if we DON'T make a move. 

• We're obvious buyers, in 1st place in our conference
  • We are badly dinged up and will be getting some studs back for the stretch run but we need to keep winning in the meantime
  • This is the biggest all-in year imaginable, so there's no sense stopping at this point
  • Rodgers is happy, and it appears more and more likely the two sides will want to work together to keep him here longer, continuing to add vets to this team will go a long way to ensuring a future with Rodgers
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'd actually be a little surprised if we DON'T make a move. 

• Rodgers is happy, and it appears more and more likely the two sides will want to work together to keep him here longer, continuing to add vets to this team will go a long way to ensuring a future with Rodgers

I agree with all the post above, but especially that bottom point about Rodgers.

He seem pretty happy about the team and the club right now.

I think the club needs to talk with him about what is still needed.  He talks about the offense being "almost there".  He really likes his defense.

So he should tell them how the offense can get "there".  If it is as simple as getting our 3 WR's back, with #69, we are set.  If he wants a new WR, go get one.  New tight end?  Go get one.

This isn't just about winning more games and going "all in", though that is part of it.  The bigger part is involving #12 on roster decisions that may sway him to come back here for a few more years.  So far it appears like the club is doing things the right way by #12, so keep it going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Striker said:

...I don't think you know just how jaded Giants fans are with regards to Engram and his very inconsistent hands.

Actually, I communicate with a fair amount of Giant fans and understand their angst - which is pretty broad or across a broad spectrum - starting with Gettleman. 

Doesnt mean they dont recognize talent when they see it.  I just dont think they're gonna give up on the guy. Maybe they do....I just dont think so.

We most definitely do not need a WR, and Rodg I'm sure would agree with that.  No matter how bad Rodg thinks we might need a TE it doesn't make sense to go get one because he says so unless it truly makes sense.  In terms of addition and compensation.  Gute needs to do what is right for the team, not what Rodg thinks is right with the team.  Sure let the guy share his feelings, end of the day Gute and co must decide without any undo influence from any player.  And they will.

I think it likely we will add a body in the next week to this team that presently isn't on it, but unlikely it is a significant name.

I don't see the Engram move...at all. Would still cost about $3m to get him unless the Giants eat part of his salary. The much more logical move IMO would be Hurst if you're looking to go TE. Only about $1m left on his contract and while he isn't as flashy as Engram, he's probably the more reliable player. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I don't see the Engram move...at all. Would still cost about $3m to get him unless the Giants eat part of his salary. The much more logical move IMO would be Hurst if you're looking to go TE. Only about $1m left on his contract and while he isn't as flashy as Engram, he's probably the more reliable player. 

Agreed.

I would offer the Jets a LRP for Tyler Kroft.

He's on a one year deal there, cheap, and Jets would certainly be interested in gaining a pick for a guy like that.

He's a top-10 rated PFF TE who excels at blocking and has very consistent hands. He has good enough athleticism to make the play(s) when he is featured or has the chance. 

Seems like an absolutely perfect fit, actually.

• Like 2