Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

I get the "want" and "need" for a TE.

But this is next man up territory.  Deguara has played enough to put on the big boy pants and get it done.  Daffney plays the Deguara role, Big Dog is still Big Dog.  

If we really, and I mean REALLY want to get better on offense, DJAX fits a vertical threat.  

The Rams would be dumb to send him to us.  But, if no one else wants to pick up that contract for a draft pick, he would be a good one to sign if he gets released.

Imagine a 4 WR set with Djax and MVS outside, with Adams and Cobb in the slots.  And yah wouldn't have to play Djax often.  You know, cuz of injuries to him.  But that speed and vet savvy would be nice.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

But this is next man up territory.  Deguara has played enough to put on the big boy pants and get it done.  Daffney plays the Deguara role, Big Dog is still Big Dog.  

If we really, and I mean REALLY want to get better on offense, DJAX fits a vertical threat.  

The Rams would be dumb to send him to us.  But, if no one else wants to pick up that contract for a draft pick, he would be a good one to sign if he gets released.

Imagine a 4 WR set with Djax and MVS outside, with Adams and Cobb in the slots.  And yah wouldn't have to play Djax often.  You know, cuz of injuries to him.  But that speed and vet savvy would be nice.

we 100% need to add a TE body more than a WR body going forward IMO

Love the idea of Tyler Kroft trade for like a future 7th or something.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I do not agree.  We do not need to add anyone.

It would be nice to get another TE to fill a role, but that role is already filled by what we had behind Tonyan.

Once MVS gets back, we have the burner role filled.  Djax is just better than MVS and adds an extra dimension to the offense.

A guy like Kroft or any other available TE is not that much of an upgrade over Deguara, if any at all.  Not unless you are getting an OJ Howard (who TB will not trade to us), or Njoku (possibility), or Gesicki (they'd be dumb to trade him).

Engram is pure speed with no blocking and spatula hands.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I will say this, Ive seen 2-3 Rams games, the guy still has absolute jets. Crazy he can still blow past people at 34. 

Makes sense if we ship them ESB or one of these other WR5's we have on that list. 

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Agreed. Dafney can take on Tonyan's role, but as much as we love Deguara, we still need that extra TE. Does anyone know anything about Tyler Davis? This is really all I can find on him.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/11/tyler-davis-3/

Engram seems like a better fit here than he is in New York. I'd throw a 5 at him. He could possibly even be a bit of an upgrade over Tonyan.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I will say this, Ive seen 2-3 Rams games, the guy still has absolute jets. Crazy he can still blow past people at 34. 

I like Jackson and I like Cooks in the right roll,  but those jets have engines, and they get really loud in the locker room.  It's why they are on new teams every year.  

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I do not agree.  We do not need to add anyone.

It would be nice to get another TE to fill a role, but that role is already filled by what we had behind Tonyan.

Once MVS gets back, we have the burner role filled.  Djax is just better than MVS and adds an extra dimension to the offense.

A guy like Kroft or any other available TE is not that much of an upgrade over Deguara, if any at all.  Not unless you are getting an OJ Howard (who TB will not trade to us), or Njoku (possibility), or Gesicki (they'd be dumb to trade him).

Engram is pure speed with no blocking and spatula hands.

very different roles. Tonyan was more of a "complete" and traditional TE. Lewis is far more pure blocking and Deguara and Dafney are H-backs. Kroft is more of your traditional "solid at blocking, but runs the inline seam route" type ala Tonyan.

We don't have anyone on the roster that fills that role that Tonyan had. Kroft would be an upgrade at blocking, but a downgrade in receiving from Tonyan.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Watching Deguara trying to figure out where to line up at the end of the game last night was enough to convince me we need to sign a vet TE. What's Rudolph doing these days? Want a vet who knows where to line up and how to find an open spot in a zone defense. 

• Like 1