Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

Rasul Douglas has had health issues which is why a lot of teams kinda passed on him in FA. My local Iggles fans tell me he was great when he was healthy......when he was healthy so as long as he doesn't get hurt...

I'd still say EDGE however, We're kinda holding it together with chicken wire right now despite getting better-than-average reps from some of these street dudes. We just need some of these recent signings and PS promos to take that next step. I'm confident that can occur BEFORE the trade deadline facilitating a clearer picture as to what we should be targeting and what we could get out of a potential trade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Rasul Douglas has had health issues which is why a lot of teams kinda passed on him in FA. My local Iggles fans tell me he was great when he was healthy......when he was healthy so as long as he doesn't get hurt...

I'd still say EDGE however, We're kinda holding it together with chicken wire right now despite getting better-than-average reps from some of these street dudes. We just need some of these recent signings and PS promos to take that next step. I'm confident that can occur BEFORE the trade deadline facilitating a clearer picture as to what we should be targeting and what we could get out of a potential trade.

Olivier Vernon is a guy to keep an eye on.  He's still got some game, but he is coming off a late season achilles injury.  He should be ready to play in November or December. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Olivier Vernon is a guy to keep an eye on.  He's still got some game, but he is coming off a late season achilles injury.  He should be ready to play in November or December. 

The questions then are 1. Does he want to come to GB? 2. How has his injury affected his play? and 3. How cheap is he?

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's doubtful Vernon even plays this season. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's a 9 month rehab.  His injury was on January 4,2021.  His name has been mentioned as a late season pickup in several articles. 

But is his name mentioned in any articles that aren't just clickbait. From someone with any credibility. Vernon's game relies on burst and quickness and that doesn't come back in a 9 month rehab from a ruptured achilles tendon.  

15 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

What about a slick offer for Joe Haden, who is not very happy in Pittsburgh?

I have to retract my comment about EDGE and go with this if Haden can still play.

Edge has clearly been shored up with Mercilus provided he stays healthy. I'd still add Vernon as well for good measure as he may be an upgrade over Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It appears Mercilus is in the fold so I'd be real happy with a big run stuffing DT we could get on the cheap. He can be a one trick pony too. Just need him to be a space eater inside so people can't run inside on us. 

Give me that and call it a day. 

time to call up ole Raji, really get the band back together, lol

20 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Over time different teams have different philosophies. Some teams (see the 49ers for example) have spent a great many picks on their front 7 for more than half a decade, most of those picks are high first rounders. Their corners are fairly meh in comparison, but if you can generate good pressure with 4 or 5, your corners don't need to be quite as good, so i understand why they do what they do.

My take is if you are drafting in the top 15, especially top 10 that is a no brainer. Drafting 20+ I think the value is definitely in the secondary. Do we have any cap to do anything with? That's why we didn't get Gilmore pretty much.

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

I have to retract my comment about EDGE and go with this if Haden can still play.

Edge has clearly been shored up with Mercilus provided he stays healthy. I'd still add Vernon as well for good measure as he may be an upgrade over Hamilton. 

Joe Haden and 2nd rounder for Jordan Love, straight up.  Profit.  They need an heir apparent because unlike our QB, Big Ben is absolutely done after this season and they need their replacement in line, who is currently not on their roster.  It could be very appealing for them.  And shows Rodgers commitment and that he's obviously the guy.  He extends another 4 years.  Everybody wins.  Profit.

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Joe Haden and 2nd rounder for Jordan Love, straight up.  Profit.  

I think the Steelers actually like the kid they picked up from Washington, Haskins. I'm not giving up on Love yet mostly because I don't know how you make the money work with Rodgers next year and stay competitive. a contender.