Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

33 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Alternately, Love was their guy all along and MLF didn't leak ridiculously valuable information to a friend.

I think you need to replace MLF with Gute. MLF wanting to replace a HOF QB seems like a very weird play for a guy who holds a position (NFL Head Coach) and is greatly dependent on good QB play. 

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I know you are saying this tongue in cheek.  Trade Love.

And if going down this road....you simply cannot and should not do that unless Rodgers inks an extension first.

I mean, there certainly is some chicken v. egg there, which one do you do first...

If you extend Rodgers, Love's trade value goes down the moment the ink is dry. 

If you trade Love first, yea, Rodgers could still leave, but that's highly doubtful. If the Packers trade Love, I think it's 100%, not 99%, that Rodgers signs an extension. He wants to be in Green Bay, always has. The Packers moving Love would give Rodgers the ultimate assurance that he won the standoff.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Do you guys seriously think that Rodgers is going to be playing here next season?

I think both parties directly involved know the answer to that.  The answer is no.  Rodg isn't going to accept a team friendly reduced deal, and even if he did we'd have to sit him down and tell them who won't be with us next year.  Cobb, 1 or both starting Edges named Smith, likely Adams, possibly Tonyan, possibly Turner, and so on.   

Cap is king and we have guys like Alexander and Jenkins who are on the very young side of their perennial All Pro careers.  They are the priority, they are the now, they are the future.  

Of course, much of it also hinges on what the Packers really think they have in Love.  

Edited by 15412

8 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Do you guys seriously think that Rodgers is going to be playing here next season?

I was a hard no, but now I'm back in the middle. With that said, I'm not trying to focus on all that, and just want to enjoy this season and hopefully a successful run.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

From what I've read so far, the 2022 NFL draft will be a below average year for quarterbacks.  This should enhance Rodgers trade value.  Philly has 3 first round picks next year and I do not believe they are sold on Hurts as their QB of the future.  If you paired Rodgers and Adams (via the tag), I believe Philly would gladly give us all 3 of those picks, which right now are all in the top half of the draft.  If Rodgers and Adams knew they were going to be traded together to the same team, it might remove their objections to said trade.

If you trade both Rodgers and Adams to the Eagles it had better be for a heck of a lot more than 3 - 1st round picks!!  More like their entire draft including those 1st rounders and more in the year after.   

12 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I was a hard no, but now I'm back in the middle. With that said, I'm not trying to focus on all that, and just want to enjoy this season and hopefully a successful run.

This .. nobody has a frickin clue of what will happen after this year with Rodgers or Adams. Get on the Super Bowl train, enjoy the season and see where the last station may be for them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I think both parties directly involved know the answer to that.  The answer is no.  Rodg isn't going to accept a team friendly reduced deal, and even if he did we'd have to sit him down and tell them who won't be with us next year.  Cobb, 1 or both starting Edges named Smith, likely Adams, possibly Tonyan, possibly Turner, and so on.   

Cap is king and we have guys like Alexander and Jenkins who are on the very young side of their perennial All Pro careers.  They are the priority, they are the now, they are the future.  

Of course, much of it also hinges on what the Packers really think they have in Love.  

A Rodgers extension erases A LOT of the cap issues, especially in the first year or two of the deal. In fact, we are certainly in a better cap situation next year with a Rodgers extension versus a Rodgers trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I think you need to replace MLF with Gute. MLF wanting to replace a HOF QB seems like a very weird play for a guy who holds a position (NFL Head Coach) and is greatly dependent on good QB play. 

I didn't mention MLF in the first place. I was responding to someone who suggested that our HC leaked our draft target(s) to one of our biggest rivals.

1 hour ago, R T said:

Some are in such denial, they can't bare the thought that Love was who they hoped to draft all along. 

I'll go with Gute's account of what happened through Albert Breer.  It wasn't a possibility to call Rodgers a week, a day before, the morning of???  

Gutekunst told me. “We didn’t go into that draft thinking, Hey, we’re gonna target this and do it. If that was the case, we probably would’ve done that. That wasn’t reality. Would that have changed anything? I don’t know if Aaron, with the issues he has, if that’s really part of it. But a player like Aaron, in a situation like that, you would’ve loved to give him a heads up. It’s just that the way this thing transpired, that wasn’t a possibility.”

20 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

A Rodgers extension erases A LOT of the cap issues, especially in the first year or two of the deal. In fact, we are certainly in a better cap situation next year with a Rodgers extension versus a Rodgers trade. 

You pay it, you cap it.  All they would be doing is kicking the can down the road.  Imploding our cap when the aged QB is done or should be.  The Packers philosophy for a very long time has been to remain competitive at the highest of levels.  That isn't going to change.

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'll go with Gute's account of what happened through Albert Breer.  It wasn't a possibility to call Rodgers a week, a day before, the morning of???  

Gutekunst told me. “We didn’t go into that draft thinking, Hey, we’re gonna target this and do it. If that was the case, we probably would’ve done that. That wasn’t reality. Would that have changed anything? I don’t know if Aaron, with the issues he has, if that’s really part of it. But a player like Aaron, in a situation like that, you would’ve loved to give him a heads up. It’s just that the way this thing transpired, that wasn’t a possibility.”

Ever hear of a little thing called damage control.