Jump to content

Trade Deadline - Nov. 2


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know what to tell you, man. What you're trying to tell us is so completely nonsensical on many levels. You're trying to sell us all that Gute is some buffoon that stumbled into Love and then was like "oh ya mr reporter we definitely would have wanted to tell Aaron first if we thought we would draft Love but we had no plans of that at all and it all just happened because we can't plan for schit"

C'mon man lol

How could you possibly believe that the leader of a multi-billion dollar organization tells some hack reporter to get him to shut up would be actually transparent. 

Again, why lie about how it transpired AFTER THE FACT.  You can't redo the draft, Jordan Love is here no matter what.  

You think all the people in that draft room don't know exactly what happened and how it went down.  Why would Gute publicly lie on how a draft pick transpired when everyone in the room was there and could see the board.  Is that how a new GM builds trust?  He made the pick, and  stands by it (for now).  Why lie about it

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Again, why lie about how it transpired AFTER THE FACT.  You can't redo the draft, Jordan Love is here no matter what.  

You think all the people in that draft room don't know exactly what happened and how it went down.  Why would Gute publicly lie on how a draft pick transpired when everyone in the room was there and could see the board.  Is that how a new GM builds trust?  He made the pick, and  stands by it (for now).  Why lie about it

Believe what you want, I guess. We have the most incompetent front office in the league if you believe what he told some hack reporter, though. So that sucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

GB is like $33.7M over the 2022 cap. Probably need to clear around another $12-15M for draft picks and filling the roster....even with $700k salaried players.

Let's say $50M is needed for 2022.

Z Smith cut saves $15.7M

P Smith cut saves $12.5M

Rodgers restructure/ extension saves $15M (variable number and could be +/- this)

Jaire extension saves $6-7M

Cobb cut saves $6.8M

*************

Leaves holes at Edge and WR.

Could still restructure or extend some of  Clark, Amos, Bahktiari 

 

Lot will come down to how Rodgers performs rest of season and in playoffs AND how the staff feels about Love's development. Would be ideal for GB to get up big and Love gets some game reps 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB is like $33.7M over the 2022 cap. Probably need to clear around another $12-15M for draft picks and filling the roster....even with $700k salaried players.

Let's say $50M is needed for 2022.

Z Smith cut saves $15.7M

P Smith cut saves $12.5M

Rodgers restructure/ extension saves $15M (variable number and could be +/- this)

Jaire extension saves $6-7M

Cobb cut saves $6.8M

*************

Leaves holes at Edge and WR.

Could still restructure or extend some of  Clark, Amos, Bahktiari 

 

Lot will come down to how Rodgers performs rest of season and in playoffs AND how the staff feels about Love's development. Would be ideal for GB to get up big and Love gets some game reps 

The question will remain, if you redo Rodgers contract, will he want to stay in Green Bay with a pretty much gutted roster????

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The question will remain, if you redo Rodgers contract, will he want to stay in Green Bay with a pretty much gutted roster????

I think if Rodgers stays, that would be heavily implied that he would have to be okay with that.  He has to know that, and Im sure he does.  You sit him down man to man and be crystal clear that to secure your future, we have to let key members of the roster go, and he has to be okay with that.  As such, Im sure he finds that acceptable so long as he is still king of the castle.  Not ideal.  But acceptable.  But........carrying a team is not something he is unfamiliar with.  He knows what he signs up for there.  It means Cobb and a few other friends are absolutely gone.  That is where the GM has to hit consistently on picks.  Every miss day 2 or earlier stings a lot.  We absolutely cannot afford any Josh Jacksons, Demarious Randalls, Kevin Kings, or Randall Rollinses in this scenario.  And you gotta hope to find at least one or two role players day 3 each passing year.  Is Gute up for that?  Well, thats what we pay him for.  

Edited by HeresAGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

I think if Rodgers stays, that would be heavily implied that he would have to be okay with that.  He has to know that, and Im sure he does.  You sit him down man to man and be crystal clear that to secure your future, we have to let key members of the roster go, and he has to be okay with that.  As such, Im sure he finds that acceptable so long as he is still king of the castle.  Not ideal.  But acceptable.  But........carrying a team is not something he is unfamiliar with.  He knows what he signs up for there.  It means Cobb and a few other friends are absolutely gone.  That is where the GM has to hit consistently on picks.  Every miss day 2 or earlier stings a lot.  We absolutely cannot afford any Josh Jacksons, Demarious Randalls, Kevin Kings, or Randall Rollinses in this scenario.  And you gotta hope to find at least one or two role players day 3 each passing year.  Is Gute up for that?  Well, thats what we pay him for.  

Agree with much of this.  You may have to bring Adams and Rodgers in for a meeting after the season.  I'm not sure you get one without the other, and go from there.  Maybe they decide to blow it up regardless.  They could keep both:  Rodgers is under contract and franchise Adams, but thats a ton of your cap and not feasible. 

Edited by NFLGURU
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

I'll go with Gute's account of what happened through Albert Breer.  It wasn't a possibility to call Rodgers a week, a day before, the morning of???  

 

Gutekunst told me. “We didn’t go into that draft thinking, Hey, we’re gonna target this and do it. If that was the case, we probably would’ve done that. That wasn’t reality. Would that have changed anything? I don’t know if Aaron, with the issues he has, if that’s really part of it. But a player like Aaron, in a situation like that, you would’ve loved to give him a heads up. It’s just that the way this thing transpired, that wasn’t a possibility.”

A. I don't think they went into the draft with the intention of drafting Love. I think they believed he would likely be gone before they had a chance to get him. 

B. When he dropped close to him and there was little left on the board that was inciting, I think Gute decided the value was too good to pass on and he made the move. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree with much of this.  You may have to bring Adams and Rodgers in for a meeting after the season.  I'm not sure you get one without the other, and go from there.  Maybe they decide to blow it up regardless.  They could keep both:  Rodgers is under contract and franchise Adams, but thats a ton of your cap and not feasible. 

Absolutely right on Adams, I should have clarified that point too.  Thank you for reminding.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

A. I don't think they went into the draft with the intention of drafting Love. I think they believed he would likely be gone before they had a chance to get him. 

B. When he dropped close to him and there was little left on the board that was inciting, I think Gute decided the value was too good to pass on and he made the move. 

Agree. When you look at what went after Love in the first rd, it was a dismal drop-off in talent.  Love may not pan out either but there wasn't much else to choose from.

Edited by NFLGURU
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im thinking it was a case of the Gute feeling Love was literally the last first round talent player on his board so he wanted to make a move to get that last first round talent player.  I think I recall the same thing with the Eric Stokes pick, that if he was not there that they would be looking to trade back because he was their last player with a first round grade.  He said luckily they did not have to worry about that because Stokes was still there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went into this season kinda worried that Rodger's play would drop off (because of the off-season bs), thereby decreasing his trade value AND GB’s chances of a legit SB run.

Fortunately, the opposite has occurred and both Rodger’s value and our SB run remain intact…..so far.

GB either restructures Rodgers in the off-season or they let him go for a haul of picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

When we do we start getting real crazy and go get Brandin Cooks and add his 40-481 to this offense for the stretch run? 

#ImBringingBackTheWrTradeTalk

I came here for this. 

What do we feel comfortable giving up for Cook for a 9-10 game rental plus playoffs?

A 6th? Cuz I’m in on that. If people decide not to cover Cook and MVS our offense will be unstoppable. If they decide to cover them then Adams is singled. We know how that works out. 

Make it happen!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I came here for this. 

What do we feel comfortable giving up for Cook for a 9-10 game rental plus playoffs?

A 6th? Cuz I’m in on that. If people decide not to cover Cook and MVS our offense will be unstoppable. If they decide to cover them then Adams is singled. We know how that works out. 

Make it happen!

Never say never, but I think the Packers are more focused on the defense for any potential deal. Probably happy just getting Bak and MVS back. We'll see

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...