Trade Deadline - Nov. 2

packfanfb

This is so precious. For all the people who have been living with the hate of the Packers for not finding a way to draft Aiyuk instead of Love. This is from Niners Wire and possible players to be traded. 

His sophomore campaign has seen him relegated to the bottom of the 49ers’ list of pass-catching options. Aiyuk’s 16 targets through six games tied him for fourth on the team with fullback Kyle Juszczyk. He’s turned those targets into nine catches for 96 yards and a touchdown. He’s an extremely talented player, but head coach Kyle Shanahan and offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel don’t seem to have much use for him. A team willing to part with a late Day 2 or early Day 3 draft pick might be getting a star for a great price, while the 49ers get a pick back for a player they’ve buried in their offense. – Kyle Madson, Niners Wire

• Like 1

From what I heard regarding Aiyuk, he missed camp.  Not sure why.  

But he's behind, and hasn't worked all that hard to get up to speed.

If all it would take is a late round pick for him, I'm making that move in a heartbeat.  He's got a lot more upside than our bottom of the roster WR's right now.   (Taylor, ESB, whatever the preseason star was who was on the PS)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If all it would take is a late round pick for him, I'm making that move in a heartbeat.  He's got a lot more upside than our bottom of the roster WR's right now.   (Taylor, ESB, whatever the preseason star was who was on the PS)

I can't imagine they would deal him already .. he showed serious talent last year and was productive.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I can't imagine they would deal him already .. he showed serious talent last year and was productive.

49ers obviously have issues getting the ball to Aiyuk.  Last year, with Deebo Samuel out, Aiyuk performed extremely well as a rookie.

Given Deebo's return, below par quarterback play, and Aiyuk's missed pre-season reps, he's not really a factor this year.

If he could be had for a middle-round pick, you jump.  Not sure SF if the reports are true that SF wants to move him though.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Let alone to the Packers... Unless of course Shanny wants to package him with a gift basket, flowers and hallmark sorry card to ML for trying to sweep in and steal his QB...

That being said, if we add a piece, I really hope it's on the defensive side of the ball again. I really want to keep seeing that unit improve and love some of the depth we could have when we get healthy. Of course I will accept any addition, I just think the offense will be fine. 

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He's a gadget guy, and a fragile one at that.  Would he help??  Maybe?, but not worth a draft pick.  If he was cut, I'd look at him in a Amari Rodgers type role.  Is he an upgrade???

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Not sure it has been mentioned but lets get another Texan in the door with Brandin Cooks, cheap for this season with a salary of $2.5m. For an 'all in' one year rental, could be a good move.  

He's been talked about. He actually only costs $1.7m for the rest of the season. Only downside is that you wouldn't get any comp for him next year because he's under contract and we undoubtedly would have to cut him because he's owed about $12m (all non-guaranteed). So if the draft comp is right, you could get him for the rest of this year very cheap. He's been a stud in Houston on a very bad team, with a very bad QB. 

There could be a spot for Cooks if used right.  Another guy to take the top off a defense with MVS, but I wouldn't expect much as far as flow.  If he knew his role and was OK with it, might be a decent pickup.  

You could do a lot with MVS out wide, Cooks on the other side and Adams in the slot, or any other combo you could work with.  He would have to understand he's not getting the ball a lot and is primarily used to take a safety with him in the situations when he's in there.

Its unlikely but it might work for them.  Not sure contract wise how that would play with their finances and only if Im giving up next to nothing to get him.

Edited by NFLGURU

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I would definitely give a 6th for Cooks. Without hesitation.

Probably a 5th, too. But that's like trading Royce Newman for Cooks. Would anyone do that?

No, because I think Newman has a chance. He's already pretty good in pass pro. Give him an offseason of NFL conditioning and he may prove to be a real gem. Of course, not all 5th round picks are equal. There are many examples where we whiffed on our 5th round pick, which is not unusual.