Week 7 GDT: Chiefs @ Titans

TitanLegend

I am eager to see the defense sunday.. I think it will be much of the same in regards to how we approached the bills.. a bunch of zone and "easy" completions that will allow them to get yards and convert 3rd downs MAYBE at a higher rate than normal, but it should eliminate the big plays down the field. Mahomes has been sloppy this year and trying to do to much. Making him be patient the entire game and work his way down the field with 10 plus play drives all game, might play into our hands. No run game (just liek the bills) and with a consistent 4 man pass rush, we should be fine.. this aint the same chiefs of the past. our offense should dominate them provide guys like Julio and Lewan are back and AJ is better. Tight redzone D, and no turnovers, should allow us to beat them.

I honestly still have no clue why folks still criticize Bowen. HIs game plans have largely been very good.  Given the injuries we've had, his situational defense and overall unit is much improved over last year... funny how that happens when you have better players or the players you have actually play well compared to last year (byard, landry, autry, long,fulton, etc)

38 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I honestly still have no clue why folks still criticize Bowen. HIs game plans have largely been very good.  Given the injuries we've had, his situational defense and overall unit is much improved over last year... funny how that happens when you have better players or the players you have actually play well compared to last year (byard, landry, autry, long,fulton, etc)

Ya sitting back and really thinking big picture with Bowen

Dont get me wrong there are still things I wish to see with him in regards to just being more creative and dialing up some stuff that other teams havnt seen from us yet 

But I am starting to realize players on the field like Janoris Jenkins are playing like crap and Bowen takes the blame for it most of the time 

Last year JRob gave us Jonathan Joseph and he was awful 

No Adoree for 14 weeks then he was trash 

So I am starting to come off of the replace Bowen thing for now

Our secondary has been snake bitten with injuries for 2 years running now 

It’s consistently a game of musical chairs 

One guy I’m hoping starts to take a leap and I get it’s unrealistic to expect it because he was a late round pick but I’m looking at Chris Jackson

He was our starting CB last year week 1 in Denver 

He has played a ton of football for us 

Hopefully this kid just continues to get better and some how some way something just clicks for the kid and he helps us get by with a struggling Jenkins and a injured Fulton 

12 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya sitting back and really thinking big picture with Bowen

Dont get me wrong there are still things I wish to see with him in regards to just being more creative and dialing up some stuff that other teams havnt seen from us yet 

But I am starting to realize players on the field like Janoris Jenkins are playing like crap and Bowen takes the blame for it most of the time 

Last year JRob gave us Jonathan Joseph and he was awful 

No Adoree for 14 weeks then he was trash 

So I am starting to come off of the replace Bowen thing for now

Our secondary has been snake bitten with injuries for 2 years running now 

It’s consistently a game of musical chairs 

One guy I’m hoping starts to take a leap and I get it’s unrealistic to expect it because he was a late round pick but I’m looking at Chris Jackson

He was our starting CB last year week 1 in Denver 

He has played a ton of football for us 

Hopefully this kid just continues to get better and some how some way something just clicks for the kid and he helps us get by with a struggling Jenkins and a injured Fulton 

big facts about Jackson. Byard's been singing his praises since his rookie year.. I never understood the replace bowen thing.. I try and tell people man, its results on the field are 90% players and 10 % coaching. coaches largely know all the same stuff at the NFL level. nobodies running anything different or out there scheming other teams to death... its largely about who you have playing for you. you can tell Bowen has a feel for it because what he runs, actually works well when its executed... I am however still concerned about how at least once a game, theres a coverage bust where the announcer is like "if the qb wouldve seen this guy, he's wide open."

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

pure curiosity- does anyone know vrabel’s W/L record here coming off short weeks? was just wondering since we know he has a very good one with extra time to prepare

Just briefly did a quick check on PFR and I believe he’s 4-3. Could be off here, as I did real quick.