Raiders sign CB Desmond Trufant

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, NickButera said:

lol yup yup. Correct me if I'm wrong too, but I think I remember him playing decent your everyday WR's. But he's getting matched up with rather large WR's too. Like last week when it was him vs Sutton and his 6'4 216 self, 

You're probably right. Aside from Heyward and Hobbs, I tend to black out when passes are thrown at our DBs b/c I prefer to not see the outcome. It makes for fun game days.

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I think after his early season heroics Gus Bradley has earned the benefit of the doubt from me, if he thinks Trufant can play in his system then I'm on board with the call. People were calling Hayward washed up in the off season and he's been one of the best CBs in the league so far.........

Trufant was very good a few years back but CBs do seem to fall off pretty fast so not expecting him to be Hayward but if he can plug a hole that would be good, though I do want to see more Facyson.

That’s the thing when you have a good evening to coordinators you’re actually excited about people that get brought on because you know he knows what he’s doing or that person wouldn’t be on the team.

When your defensive coordinator is garbage they just get people with no vision for how they actually help or fit what they wanna do as we’ve seen

14 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You mean Amik and all of his 5'8" can't cover the average WR?

I had hopes with Amik as a slot due to his size. It’s an issue on the outside as seen on Sunday. With Hobbs, I just don’t see a place for Amik. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Cover 3 is also vet friendly 

Yep, it seems to be and also seems to be more forgiving for guys who are not scorching fast, it seems to be able to compensate for that a little so maybe that's why a veteran who perhaps lost a yard but is still mentally sharp can play really well in the scheme?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He should be fine as a backup corner no?

I think so. He was a pro bowler in the system when he was healthy plus always thought of him as a really good corner. He just always gets hurt. So the capacity that we have him in is pretty good

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think so. He was a pro bowler in the system when he was healthy plus always thought of him as a really good corner. He just always gets hurt. So the capacity that we have him in is pretty good

@MrOaktown_56I want to add that it seems like in cover three it actually makes you better to be older because you've seen more and then you get better at playing your zone. But I could be wrong

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1