AAC Set to Add 6 New Programs

CWood21

Just saw this as well. Hopefully my alma mater (JMU) jumps to the Sun Belt. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sun-belt-conference-usa-considering-adding-teams-amid-aac-expansion/?fbclid=IwAR2ATA6L5jC2fJ2iLIjoxYNBCXncAC6mhpk6f2XvPjeaNAfpVIvjVWT9rKA

"Another battle could soon emerge between the two FBS conferences over James Madison, among other schools."

With what the AAC is planning on adding?

SunBelt >> AAC >>>>>>>>> MAC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CUSA

IMHO. But SunBelt and AAC are close

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

LOL. I got it. I think it's debatable which is better (AAC or MAC). I just think the new additions might push it further ahead in a few years.

MAC has that Midwest football obsessed thing going for it. So the quality may not be great, but the audience is there. That's why I don't know about them realistically expanding.  They seem to have a good identity and supportive fan base. Expanding the footprint doesn't do much. I'm sure Buffalo would be happy to have some closer schools, but that doesn't seem in the cards.

• Like 1

The MW just needs to cozy up to the Pac12 at this point. 

Gotta feel bad for the Boise St's and SDSU's of the world. Heck, even Fresno is often at least competitive. But the conference has done zilch since losing BYU and TCU. 

As for the AAC, decent moves. Gotta reload a bit and this is the way to do it. I've actually found myself fairly invested in them the last few years with Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF having their days in the sun. 

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

The MW just needs to cozy up to the Pac12 at this point. 

Gotta feel bad for the Boise St's and SDSU's of the world. Heck, even Fresno is often at least competitive. But the conference has done zilch since losing BYU and TCU. 

As for the AAC, decent moves. Gotta reload a bit and this is the way to do it. I've actually found myself fairly invested in them the last few years with Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF having their days in the sun. 

All the major powers in the Mountain West are angling to get into the Big 12, not the Pac-12 in the next set of realignments.

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh I know. Which is arguably worse considering the state of the Big12 lol

Meh.  The Pac-12 is better, but not by a huge margin.  The only thing the Pac-12 really has going for it right now is it's history.  The Pac-12 has been relatively mediocre.  It's closer to the Big 12 then it is SEC/Big 10.  At least the Big 12 should now have some stability.  There's really nobody really worth poaching in the Big 12 right now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Charlotte and East Carolina should start playing for the Treasure Chest Trophy, which would be a recreation treasure chest filled with real gold coins.

Gold is something that would be of interest to both 49ers and Pirates.