Damontae Kazee Arrested

djdunkenstein

6 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

I like Kazee (except last week haha). . . but if you were coach/gm would you release him for this to set precedence? 

Nope. Wouldnt even consider it, tbh. You hear all sorts of numbers thrown out, but the one that I heard in a defensive driving course years ago was:

The Average American drives drunk* 22 times before they get caught the first time. Its a very big deal, but at the same time, I just assume virtually every adult has pushed this boundary at least a time or two - they just didnt get caught. 

*the stat I think was actually for "intoxicated", so that lumps in all the people who hit a J and then picked up Taco Bell at 2am. 

Edited by Matts4313

Well stats on civilians (people outside of being hired by the NFL) aside, you all know how Goodell just ❤ to hand out max punishments to the Cowboys.

With that said, he is probably looking at about 6 weeks off and a hefty fine.

That would put us at 5 games remaining. 

Due to our excellent record to date we only need to win about 6 of our remaining 11 games to have a legit shot at the post season.

All of this is contingent on if the Dallas FO decides to keep him.

Okay, this is an edit. The NFL punishment for DUI is 3 games.

I'd say keep him let him serve it, straighten him out. If nothing else, little to no risk of injury in those 3 weeks for him.

Edited by Rtnldave

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Well stats on civilians (people outside of being hired by the NFL) aside, you all know how Goodell just ❤ to hand out max punishments to the Cowboys.

With that said, he is probably looking at about 6 weeks off and a hefty fine.

That would put us at 5 games remaining. 

Due to our excellent record to date we only need to win about 6 of our remaining 11 games to have a legit shot at the post season.

All of this is contingent on if the Dallas FO decides to keep him.

Ive never heard of the NFL suspending any player ever for a DWI by itself. They did suspend the GM that got busted, but never a player.