Jump to content

Cowboys S Damontae Kazee arrested and charged with DUI


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Any examples of him being a dirty player?   

The shot on Cam is all that’s really needed, but injuring Lee in the preseason doesn’t help. The hit he was flagged for on Tremble recently was just good football. His jib though, I don’t care for it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2021 at 6:22 AM, EvilenFroggen said:

The shot on Cam is all that’s really needed, but injuring Lee in the preseason doesn’t help. The hit he was flagged for on Tremble recently was just good football. His jib though, I don’t care for it. 

He hits hard for sure, and sometimes it's clean and sometimes it's not. I didn't really follow him much when he was with the Falcons, but I found him to be aggressive for sure. Sometimes dirty too, yes. His track record speaks for itself, so I don't disagree with you.

But yeah, that recent hit he had where he was flagged for unnecessary roughness wasn't actually a penalty. He hit the pads, not the helmet. I miss big hits like that. They're part of the reason I fell in love with football so many decades ago.

Man how times have changed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, the lone star said:

He hits hard for sure, and sometimes it's clean and sometimes it's not. I didn't really follow him much when he was with the Falcons, but I found him to be aggressive for sure. Sometimes dirty too, yes. His track record speaks for itself, so I don't disagree with you.

But yeah, that recent hit he had where he was flagged for unnecessary roughness wasn't actually a penalty. He his the pads, not the helmet. I miss big hits like that. They're part of the reason I fell in love with football so many decades ago.

Man how times have changed.

I agree. The Hit Stick, Jacked Up, that hit on Reggie Bush, these were so much fun. 
 

Then there was the Ricky Manning Jr. hit on a punt returner and Harrison’s hit on Massaquoi.  Those were hard to watch even back then.  So I get it, but it’s unfortunate what has been lost. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

I agree. The Hit Stick, Jacked Up, that hit on Reggie Bush, these were so much fun. 
 

Then there was the Ricky Manning Jr. hit on a punt returner and Harrison’s hit on Massaquoi.  Those were hard to watch even back then.  So I get it, but it’s unfortunate what has been lost. 

Yeah, I'm all for player safety, but it seems like nowadays, if someone makes a big hit, then the refs are just gonna automatically throw the flag. 😕

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, I'm all for player safety, but it seems like nowadays, if someone makes a big hit, then the refs are just gonna automatically throw the flag. 😕

Idk you still see dudes get jacked up without a flag pretty often. When KC was still trying to score in garbage time the bills launched into Kelces head and didn’t get flagged for it seemed insane to me considering it was garbage time anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Idk you still see dudes get jacked up without a flag pretty often. When KC was still trying to score in garbage time the bills launched into Kelces head and didn’t get flagged for it seemed insane to me considering it was garbage time anyways

Buffalo have been the refs darlings for some time now, since they got Allen. Usually you see flags though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, Kirill said:

Idk you still see dudes get jacked up without a flag pretty often. When KC was still trying to score in garbage time the bills launched into Kelces head and didn’t get flagged for it seemed insane to me considering it was garbage time anyways

It seems highly dependent on the teams and refs involved. I haven't seen the Cowboys "get away" with a big hit in a while. But they've also migrated away from drafting guys that can deliver big hits. Instead, they just draft guys that give up a bunch of yards and touchdowns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the lone star said:

It seems highly dependent on the teams and refs involved. I haven't seen the Cowboys "get away" with a big hit in a while. But they've also migrated away from drafting guys that can deliver big hits. Instead, they just draft guys that give up a bunch of yards and touchdowns.

I still love the fact that Roy Williams caused a whole rule to be created, and a 15 yard one at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...