If the Panthers/Broncos knew Justin Fields would fall to them, would they still make the trades for Darnold/Teddy?

N4L

In hindsight, certainly. Especially given their actual pick has been injured all season.

I think there was enough buzz at the time about Fields or Mac or both dropping into the double digits (turned out to be true) that I would have waited for the draft before getting the QB. 

Now you add Darnold into the mix, and I’d certainly certainly have just drafted one of those at the time

*X player put up raw stats this past week and helped my fantasy team, so he will be great for years to come*
*Y player didn't, so he will be trash for years to come*

One year later when X struggles and Y excels.....

*X player is trash and overrated .....I've been saying this since college*
*Y player is top-10.....I always knew he would be good*

^^^This, ladies and gentleman, is NFL Gen to a tee. Quick to judge with absolutely no patience. Players have ONE game to impress to you.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

This, ladies and gentleman, is NFL Gen to a tee. Quick to judge with absolutely no patience. Players have ONE game to impress to you.

Exactly why I didn’t acknowledge Mahomes greatness and can now happily say he is a bust 

• Like 1

Probably.  They got time to fix it now though.  They got Arizona, Buffalo, and two against Tampa to go, so they're probably looking at four more wins at like the absolute most.

That should keep them in the top 10ish, and in a weak, but pretty deep QB class, they could potentially have the second selection without even trading up, especially if they drop one against one of the beatable teams.

5 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Well it was a pretty classless and trash move by Mac Jones. Hope he gets smashed the rest of the season.

No it wasn't. He clearly thinks Burns has got the ball that he's just lost. 

Anyway, if you're appalled by that, you should be apoplectic at this then....

Enjoy Darnold. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No it wasn't. He clearly thinks Burns has got the ball that he's just lost. 

Anyway, if you're appalled by that, you should be apoplectic at this then....

Enjoy Darnold. 

Lol blurry splices of Burns making clean hits and his shin hitting a helmet isn't the same as Mac Jones sweeping his leg and twisting his ankle. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Lol blurry splices of Burns making clean hits and his shin hitting a helmet isn't the same as Mac Jones sweeping his leg and twisting his ankle. 

He kicked a RB in the head which concussed him. I thought that would be OK for you

Mac held his foot, Burns twisting himself is what twisted his ankle 😂

This is just classic salt because you lost. Salt and hypocrisy. 

I also don't know how you can say Mac Jones "clearly" thought Burns had the ball when he should be able to see the fact that damn near every other player on the field is in front of Burns.  

But I guess Mac must have thought he was the only Patriot willing to tackle Burns?

I am a fan of Fields. I picked him at 3 in our 'Are you smarter than a GM' game we play. I think he will be a stud in the NFL and was shocked when both Denver and, to a lesser extent because they had already traded for Darnold for some reason, Carolina passed on him. I think his arm talent is generally underrated because he is such a good athlete. I expect him to be in multiple pro-bowls throughout his career.