If the Panthers/Broncos knew Justin Fields would fall to them, would they still make the trades for Darnold/Teddy?

N4L

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

He kicked a RB in the head which concussed him. I thought that would be OK for you

Mac held his foot, Burns twisting himself is what twisted his ankle 😂

This is just classic salt because you lost. Salt and hypocrisy. 

How is it salt because we lost?  We called the play dirty when it happened.  Which it clearly is.  I'm not sure why you have such a problem admitting that it was, when literally any non-Patriots person has also agreed it was a dirty play.

And kicked someone in the head?  Really?  Come on now.  

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

The hit isn't, the kicking of the head is. How is that not dirty, but mac holding a leg is? Come on iknow, you're usually objective.

That is hardly him kicking someone in the head and clearly incidental contact.

I'm all for calling out my own guys. No issue doing that.  But Burns didn't swing his leg or anything.  And if we polled all of FF, I'm sure everyone would agree that calling that play an example of Burns kicking someone to be a total exaggeration.  

Just now, iknowcool said:

How is it salt because we lost?  We called the play dirty when it happened.  Which it clearly is.  I'm not sure why you have such a problem admitting that it was, when literally any non-Patriots person has also agreed it was a dirty play.

And kicked someone in the head?  Really?  Come on now.  

It's not a dirty play. Media are calling it a dirty play (for views) ex-players on the panels are saying 'nah, it's football. He thinks he's got the ball'. You can side with the media, it's fine. Losing credibility. 

"literally any non-Patriots person has also agreed it was a dirty play" - Hahaha! Try and sound more bias please. 

"And kicked someone in the head?"- So the RB was concussed because Burns kicked mid-air. Got it.

Again, you're usually objective. I guess that goes out the window when it's your own team. 

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's not a dirty play. Media are calling it a dirty play (for views) ex-players on the panels are saying 'nah, it's football. He thinks he's got the ball'. You can side with the media, it's fine. Losing credibility. 

Who are these ex-players who said what Mac Jones did was fair game?  Not saying you are lying, but I personally have not seen any non-affiliated Patriots people defending the play by Mac Jones.  So do you have any examples?

You can keep calling me biased all you want (as if any fan isn't biased in favor of their own team?).  And if you think Brian Burns purposely kicked guy in the head (which is so obviously not the case... but keep calling me "biased" if that makes you feel better), then so be it.  Doesn't change the fact Mac Jones did not need to twist Brian Burns' ankle at the end of the play.  I find it hard to believe he could be so aware of Burns in front of him, but not damn near everyone else on the field also in front of them hustling for the ball.  

Edited by iknowcool

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

The "kick" by Brian Burns...

Guy asks me if I've played football before, but wants to call ^ a dirty play.

And it looks like Burns immediately turns around to look and see if the player is okay.  Did Mac Jones do that?

I asked because I've done that exact thing. Was LBer and thought the RB had the ball (which had been stripped) but I held on to his foot thinking he was a ball carrier. I just think that stuff happens in football, and it's not dirty.

Whether Mac meant it or not as a dirty play, calling out his 'D End brothers' for 'happy hunting' just comes across as really salty, or soft. I doubt Mac has a history of dirty plays.

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I asked because I've done that exact thing. Was LBer and thought the RB had the ball (which had been stripped) but I held on to his foot thinking he was a ball carrier. I just think that stuff happens in football, and it's not dirty.

Whether Mac meant it or not as a dirty play, calling out his 'D End brothers' for 'happy hunting' just comes across as really salty, or soft. I doubt Mac has a history of dirty plays.

I don't think grabbing his leg is/was the problem.  It is the twist at the end.  Which quite frankly is dirty regardless if Burns had the ball or not, for the same reasons tripping is banned and considered to be dirty in almost any sport.

I don't think Mac Jones is dirty either (at least from what I know).  I just think it was an unnecessary play, and he should have at least helped Burns up.  Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

*X player put up raw stats this past week and helped my fantasy team, so he will be great for years to come*
*Y player didn't, so he will be trash for years to come*

One year later when X struggles and Y excels.....

*X player is trash and overrated .....I've been saying this since college*
*Y player is top-10.....I always knew he would be good*

^^^This, ladies and gentleman, is NFL Gen to a tee. Quick to judge with absolutely no patience. Players have ONE game to impress to you.

Hey now, be reasonable. Sometimes it’s a single throw they have to impress you, not even an entire game

Did Fields change his name to Mac Jones, I am confused? 

Denver and Carolina probably should've went with Fields (hindsight is 20/20) but I understand the thought process for Carolina (Darnold might be salvageable). Less so with Denver (I know Surtain is a beast and was rally high on their board), unless maybe they think they can land a big name QB in FA next offseason. 

But as of right now yes, they should have taken Fields and both team would have a way brighter long term future with him on the team.

2 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Did Fields change his name to Mac Jones, I am confused? 

Denver and Carolina probably should've went with Fields (hindsight is 20/20) but I understand the thought process for Carolina (Darnold might be salvageable). Less so with Denver (I know Surtain is a beast and was rally high on their board), unless maybe they think they can land a big name QB in FA next offseason. 

But as of right now yes, they should have taken Fields and both team would have a way brighter long term future with him on the team.

The Denver one is interesting, and I'm curious whether or not there was concern about drafting a QB for a head coach and staff that Paton had to admit was fairly likely to be gone after the season is over. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The Denver one is interesting, and I'm curious whether or not there was concern about drafting a QB for a head coach and staff that Paton had to admit was fairly likely to be gone after the season is over. 

Maybe that's part of the reason, you're right

Yes, the Broncos would have. They spent a 6th round pick to get him, only paying $3 million of his salary. Hardly the move of a team that had no other plan at QB. Fields was not the QB they were targeting. Simple as that. I find the alternative to be ludicrous. That they passed on a QB who was on the top of their board & available at their pick because they spent a 6th on a solid journeyman QB. No way.

• Like 3