WEEK 7: Jets @ Pats

jetfuel34

I just wanted to start this off a little early to see what people think.

I think I will be going to this game. I have no idea why but my GF has never been to a game and I can get in for 75 bucks. I will get a chance to see this team up close.  I really hope the jets pull a win out here but my brain is thinking no. I do think we will come out better in the first half.

halftime score

Jets 10

Pats 14

Final score

Jets 17

Pats 24.

This is a team that we just played a few weeks ago. So while you can expect BB to not just run out the same thing... I do think it will be similar bc what they did last time worked.

So what did they do? On offense they made no mistakes. Jones threw 30 times completing 22 of them. It was a lot of quick short passes. Since he only threw for 185yds with 22 completions. They also didn't run all over us either. They as a team ran for 100yds. So that isn't bad, but not awful either. Now some of these stats are flawed bc they were beating us the whole game. So maybe Jones throws for more if the game is close. Or they try and run outside more if was close. But since we lost 25-6... that wasn't the case. Pretty much allowed BB to not have to show us much of the playbook.

Now for us... we struggled big time against NE. This was the game that Wilson threw 4 INTs in. All pretty much all on him as well. The passing game was hands down the worse we've seen in awhile. Berrios was our leading WR if that tells you what you want. Davis was shutdown pretty much. The only positive to take from that week, was our running game. We did rush for 150yds. Which on paper looks good... but is actually a flawed stat. Wilson just kept throwing INTs, so we were rushing more than we'd like.

What I expect is a closer game than last time bc I doubt Wilson throws 4 INTs again. I also expect the passing game in general to be better with Davis not being shutdown and Crowder playing in this one. I still dont think it equals a win for us though.

NYJ: 13

NE: 20

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If Zach doesn’t throw a bunch of picks we have a chance. That’s all I got. Would also be nice to see Moore make one freaking impact play. Just one.

Or for us to get an INT finally. Rookie CB Diggs has 7 by himself through 6 weeks. We as a whole defense don't even have 1. 

• Like 1

If Zach Wilson loses to Mac Jones the entire scouting dept, should be fired. I am so tired of all these lame excuses for failure. And today our lame duck HC, said Becton, should he be back in three or four more weeks. We were told six weeks ago that he would only be out for four to six weeks. So now it will much later in the season, how could good that be good news. What are the odds that Becton see playing time before Mims

cc to Woody Johnson

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

If Zach Wilson loses to Mac Jones the entire scouting dept, should be fired. I am so tired of all these lame excuses for failure. And today our lame duck HC, said Becton, should he be back in three or four more weeks. We were told six weeks ago that he would only be out for four to six weeks. So now it will much later in the season, how could good that be good news. What are the odds that Becton see playing time before Mims

cc to Woody Johnson

Bcton had surgery on Sept. 21 which is almost exactly 4 weeks ago. The return timetable was 4-8 weeks minimum. Becton being the large human he is, 7-8 weeks would be a reasonable recovery period after knee surgery. He's pretty much right on schedule it seems, barring any set backs. Also, Zach Wilson is far and away a more talented QB prospect than Mac Jones. I think if most jets fans could muster a wee bit more patience they will see that fairly soon. 

Edited by mattmanz91

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Bcton had surgery on Sept. 21 which is almost exactly 4 weeks ago. The return timetable was 4-8 weeks minimum. Becton being the large human he is, 7-8 weeks would be a reasonable recovery period after knee surgery. He's pretty much right on schedule it seems, barring any set backs. Also, Zach Wilson is far and away a more talented QB prospect than Mac Jones. I think if most jets fans could muster a wee bit more patience they will see that fairly soon. 

he hasn't played since Sept 12 due the math.

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

he hasn't played since Sept 12 due the math.

Correct, but he got a second opinion hoping he could play sooner but wound up getting surgery 4 weeks ago. So the doing the math, would mean that in 3-4 weeks that would put his return at 7-8 weeks which is what was said from the beginning. 

9 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Or for us to get an INT finally. Rookie CB Diggs has 7 by himself through 6 weeks. We as a whole defense don't even have 1. 

Lets not get carried away here Bob lol INTs are nice things...and well you know...

This game is going to tell us a ton about this coaching staff. Was one of the many things I loved about Mangini. That dude knew how to get things done during the bye week.