WEEK 7: Jets @ Pats

jetfuel34

Gonna b e a rough rest of the year ... I dont get whats going on with offensive play calling ... personally I do not have a problem with Saleh yet ... and the defense we all knew honestly going in the whole backend is held together by only 2 or 3 veterans

... and honestly given where they were taken and how young they are our corners are fighting way above where we should have expected them to be.

.... Too be fair also ... CJ is the only LB who's actually built into being an NFL LB ... so if the DL doesn't do their job the younger guys are gonna get pushed around a lot ... both not being in their NFL builds as well as inexperience.

... Offense tho someones gotta give Lafluer an energy drink or something cause he needs to figure himself out or he wont be around much longer ....

Anyway going to be a rough year ... sure we will win too many games ... 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:47 AM, doumeyer said:

This going to be our most important game of the year, If we win it will show we are going in the right direction, if we lose this game it will show we are still years away for having a playoff contender. Our passing game will be the key to the game, is Wilson up for this game?

Well now we know, after that 54-13 beating we are light years away from being a playoff contender. How does a 2-4 team with a rookie QB, pass for over 400 yards on 28 for 41 and no INT's. and have the team run for well over a 100 yards. This tells me our coaching staff is lost. After we drafted Wilson, I listed all the weak community college he ran up huge numbers on. The WKU Hilltoppers, and North Alabama, just to name a couple, this probably did Wilson more harm than good to play all those cupcakes. All the hype Wilson & Darnold, got before their draft was all false. This Carter kid is the real deal but our pathetic offensive line has NOT OPEN ONE HOLE for him all year and that is a fact. How much the weak ownership has to do with our problems I have no Idea, all Ii know if I was the owner i would be in that locker room after the game and I would flip over the buffet table. For god sakes will someone in the Jets front office show some emotion.

Edited by doumeyer

11 hours ago, xrade said:

Ok guys. I left after the White to Davis TD. Did we come back and win?  I’m sure LePew had an awesome second half game plan. 

We sure did come back all the way back to 2016 now we have six straight years of being one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Well I did go to the Pats Jets game yesterday and this is what I saw live. 

The sideline is just dead. i saw no live in these people. Where is the all gas no break energy. 

Zach Wilson is hot garbage. i was sitting in the end zone and had a great view of his looks. First off he bails out of the pocket WAY to fast. He needs to stand there make the throw and take the hit like a NFL QB should. He had some guys that where open but NEVER threw it that way or even looked that way. I don't see any potential in this guy. I never understood why everyone was crazy over this guy. He is the Aikli Smith of the draft. 

I went to the corner where the jets head back into the locker room and I was giving five and a few guys gave me their gloves ( Corey Davis, Michael Carter (RB) and Hall.) K. Cole was great he stopped and signed some kids helmets. The coaches looked at the ground the whole time as they walked in and did not say a word. This team is done. The Jets will not win a game for the rest of the year. The Texans and Jag game will be loses. Their team is better than ours. 

Looking ahead and what I would do. 

First step. 

Tell the media that Zach is out for the season with a knee injury. This guy has to be off the field. I would then roll out Mike White for the year and have Josh Johnson as the backup. Then Zach can sit for a while and learn. I would bring in a rookie or vet to have a REAL fight for the starting job. 

Second step

Fire LePew. Someone has to be let go now. This is just crazy. 

Third Step

At the end of the year I would love to see the HC and GM all gone but that will not happen. I would make it REALLY clear that you have until next year to make this a 500 team or better. NO EXCUSES!!!

The final thing

We are stuck in the basement and will be there for the next 3-4 years. 

32 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The combination of a bust QB/HC at the same time pretty much kills the next 3-4 years 

I mean unless we make a trade for a starter or sign a FA. 6 weeks or not this is worse than the Cardinals team that fired wilks after 1 year and gave up on Rosen. No murray #1 overall to save us though. Just keep building the team and find a decent veteran. We can’t develop QBs. This is looking so bad to the point that if a GM with experience wanted the job they should totally end this nightmare and have him utilize the cap and draft picks and picks a real OC. You still have Zach Wilson on the bench learning. Maybe he comes into camp in year 3 and beats out the veteran or we recoup a 2 like the Cards did with Rosen. This just isn’t even close to NFL football. Wilson isn’t just going to magically put it together with this coaching staff. The people that keep saying hes fine LaFleur will be fine, man I feel for you guys. It’s Stockholm syndrome lol. 

59 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I knew something was off when McGovern said Saleh wasn’t an X’s and O’s guy. 

I mean who needs scheme in the NFL, just play fast and you might make a couple plays here and there.

Well the 49ers have an X's/O's guy and the fans want his head on the chopping block. 

23 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Why can't we ever come out a bye week prepared? It never happens. I'm not going to be impatient and I'm fine with having the whole staff back next year - but it's still all so sad to see.

Mangini was 3-0 coming out of the bye week I believe, with wins against the Patriots, Steelers, and Bengals.

1-5 under Rex though. Everyone else has pretty much just been all bad all the time.