WEEK 7: Jets @ Pats

jetfuel34

Going into the Pats game our entire WR core is healthy, the O line is at full strength except for Becton. The Pats secondary is decimated with injuries except for Jones. The Pats, have been bring DB's in all week long, even the X Jet, Poole in. Wilson has everything going for him, if we have any kind of running game he should put up good numbers. We finally got a RB in Carter, our O line is OK on pass protection but it is the worst run blocking line in our history. Like I said the other day this game is going to show if this current Jet team has made any progress. We have to get off to a fast start Sunday, no more of these first quarter minus three yards passing. This post sounds great on paper but we all know somehow Belichick is going to ++++ me up and make me look like a fool again.

6 hours ago, TheChad said:

Let's get an INT, a first-quarter first down, and a first-half touchdown.

I'm trying to keep expectations reasonable, but that might be asking too much.

LOL I know. How dare we as Jet fans think we can get a TD in the first half, a first quarter first down. You might as well throw in a play of over 20 yards in the first half too. 

I'm being positive on the QB so I hope he does not throw and INT this game to give hm his first game without an INT. I know this sounds crazy but can you imagine the QB not throwing an INT for the entire 60 minutes. 

• Like 1

This going to be our most important game of the year, If we win it will show we are going in the right direction, if we lose this game it will show we are still years away for having a playoff contender. Our passing game will be the key to the game, is Wilson up for this game?

The proof is in the pudding, has N.Y. learned anything from the loss to N.E.? Wilson should know what to expect, and the OC is on the hot seat to produce points in the first half.

I don't expect Wilson, a true student of the game, to make the same mistakes as he did the first time around.

The D should excel with the return of Maye and the secondary in N.E. is hurting (no one seems to care when its the Jets players who are missing) injuries are part of the game.

The Falcon's secondary was supposed to be hurting too, as well as their WR's, but look at how we lost.

The Jets can win this game.

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No Mosley. I expect NE to work our weak LB and S group in this one. A lot of TE and RB passes. There’s your fantasy advice for this game 😉 

Just when I was getting optimistic about tomorrows game you drop this bomb. Mosley has been our best defensive player this year.

I don’t expect the Jets to win because it is NE. No other explanation need be stated. However, they should look a lot better in the first half offensively. Everyone and their brother knows what the issues are and I expect LePew devised a plan to fix most of that. As always, it should then be up to players to execute.

Last game NE didn’t blitz much and just let Zach throw the ball stupidly into coverage. Maybe we see more pressure from their D and this one and Zach stupidly throws the ball into coverage anyway. I don’t expect a very good game and it sucks because NE isn’t good but we just aren’t even close. 

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I have low expectations for this game

worst case is BB owns the offense again and Mac Jones dinks and dunks us to death 

Especially with Mosley out. They really should play man coverage on TE and RB. Sherwood is bound to make too many mistakes if asked to play zone. Just pick a guy and stick with him. Kind of like street ball “ I got this guy”!  Since I am less concerned about NE throwing deep, bring the S up closer to the line to take whoever comes out of the backfield. This is probably a game we should be looking at a lot of 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 D. 

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Last game NE didn’t blitz much and just let Zach throw the ball stupidly into coverage. Maybe we see more pressure from their D and this one and Zach stupidly throws the ball into coverage anyway. I don’t expect a very good game and it sucks because NE isn’t good but we just aren’t even close. 

This game is going to tell if you are right. If we do lose we are no better off than we were three years ago. We are in the sixth year of our rebuild and that alone is a joke. Bill Parcells toke over a 1-15 team, in his first year the Jets were 9-7 his second year he took the Jets to the AFC finales. These people running the Jets now are no Bill Parcells that is for sure.

Parcels had no love for mediocrity, he had favorites on all of his teams. But Parcels within 2 years of taking over revamped his teams by cutting lose 50 percent of the players and replacing them.

After 2-3 years if a player isn't a "player" its time to move on, Shepherd is a prime example of that as is VR. 

Teams should not be in the business of drafting players they can develop, that is a losing formula. Granted if you can sit a guy and season throughout his 1st year that's great. But positive productivity should be expected in year 2 and have him on the cusp in year 3 in the event he doesn't excel.

Carter 2  is a prime example of good drafting, the guy is a steal in round 5, URFA have played better than guy's drafted. Carter stepped right in and is playing on a professional level. 

The same can be said of Guidry who was USFA, Fatukasi was a 6th round pick.

Where your drafted should not determine if you're making a team, it only means you have a shot at a career if you measure up.

We make a big deal of Mim's not playing because of his speed and potential, but if the guy is lazy or is incapable of understanding a playbook what good is he, trade him or cut him and let's move on and draft "players".

The truth of the matter is if there is a guy who you believe is a "player" no matter the need at position YOU DRAFT THAT GUY!

The Jets passed on Mahomes, Watson, they even had Prescott in for a visit, they passed on McCaffery, they passed on C, OL, in the past. 

I believe we had a good draft, but the team cannot continue to carry guys who are not productive, as an example, cut all the TE's this year and le'ts draft a difference maker.

Draft a C and TE in round one and a G in the second round and complete the OL, the Defensive Line is good. Joe Douglas in 2022 has to hit it out of the park as far as the OL is concerned. We have 2 guys who next year will be on the final year of their contract, one guy(G) who needs to be replaced and a one year rental at the other OT position.

JD has to finally fix his line, give the RB's a chance to get out into space and for the QB to have time to assess the field. Then draft defense to your hearts content. But it's obvious that the O side of the ball cannot produce points. Move on from RB's who are at best backups on other teams.

The Jets are a mess because of a decade of poor personal decisions, poor hiring and sickening drafting. JD was given a 6 year deal, that is why next year, in 2022 he must complete the O to give this team any chance of competing. 

50 minutes ago, Big T said:

Draft a C and TE in round one and a G in the second round and complete the OL

A TE in round 1?  Who?  You state that we should draft a guy without needing to coach him up and that positive gains should be realized by year two but TE is one of the most difficult positions to transition to. What highly drafted TE made an impact in year one or two?  The best TE’s in today’s games are day three draft picks that took a bit of time to reach their current status.

I am not saying we should ignore TE in the draft, but if we want immediate dividends, we probably need to go the FA route there while also drafting a guy, but not in round one. I don’t see this class as having a round 1 worthy TE so far. But whoever we draft will need coaching and won’t make an impact for a couple of years.

I whole heartedly agree on the OC and/or the OG need. But not a round 1 TE.