Raiders sign OL D.J. Fluker; Released

RaidersAreOne

For what it's worth, Leatherwood's worst graded games were all at RT and he just had his best game against Dallas. But all the games at RT came at the start of the season and it's not really surprising for a rookie to improve as he earns game experience.

Eluemunor was graded a an average RT for the Pats but that was in a very run heavy offense. No idea how he would fare in pass pro at RT with the Raiders.

As crazy as it sounds, Parker is actually not poorly evaluated by some.

FFjAkLdXwAkgbiH?format=jpg&name=large

I know it's hard to believe.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

For what it's worth, Leatherwood's worst graded games were all at RT and he just had his best game against Dallas. But all the games at RT came at the start of the season and it's not really surprising for a rookie to improve as he earns game experience.

Eluemunor was graded a an average RT for the Pats but that was in a very run heavy offense. No idea how he would fare in pass pro at RT with the Raiders.

FFjAkLdXwAkgbiH?format=jpg&name=large

I know it's hard to believe.

WTF I can't believe my eyes. I guess I only look at him when he does something bad.

11 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

He actually hasn't been as bad as he's made out around here. It's the penalties and one play a game where he's whiffing a block that stand out. We are however already trained to hate on him, so the narrative is already set. 

He's not a good player, but he's at least average for stretches of a game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Eleumenor was the weak link at RG and they moved Leatherwood there because of it. While Parker is pretty bad, I doubt Eleumenor offers much more at RT. Guessing Leatherwood goes back to RT next season and they upgrade the RG spot.

Dear God why? Pleatherwhiff was atrocious at RT. 

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

WTF I can't believe my eyes. I guess I only look at him when he does something bad.

Not gonna lie I've seen Brandon have some really good reps in like each game. It's just that when it comes to him, when it rains it pours. Like when it's bad it's really bad. Who knows maybe he actually improves even more somehow after like 4 years 

Edited by Jeremy408

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He actually hasn't been as bad as he's made out around here. It's the penalties and one play a game where he's whiffing a block that stand out. We are however already trained to hate on him, so the narrative is already set. 

He's not a good player, but he's at least average for stretches of a game.

Right that's what I was just mentioning(I didn't read this before hand lol) he looks really good at times but I think it's one of those things where the jury is out on him because whenever he does something bad it's like atrocious. 

For example in the bengals game he had some really great reps and then he had a really bad run block that made you think that whole game he was horrible. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Dear God why? Pleatherwhiff was atrocious at RT. 

It's all coaching. Cable can't coach OL. His hand usage sucks. Physically, he is elite. Hihs length and size/strength are crazy. But you won't see it until his technique gets better.

He flipped Cox over on a run play. You won't see many OL in the NFL do that. But he also makes mental mistakes and has sloppy technique. Can't wait till we have a new staff.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's all coaching. Cable can't coach OL. His hand usage sucks. Physically, he is elite. Hihs length and size/strength are crazy. But you won't see it until his technique gets better.

He flipped Cox over on a run play. You won't see many OL in the NFL do that. But he also makes mental mistakes and has sloppy technique. Can't wait till we have a new staff.

I don't know about all that. He's got Andre James and Simpson playing better as the season progressed that's got to count for something. Even Brandon Parker has improved somehow. Gotta give cable to credit when it's due

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Leatherwhiff's problems are the same they always were at Alabama, and they weren't exactly slouches for coaches. 

His biggest issue is penalties, and that's been a longstanding problem with him. 

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Leatherwhiff's problems are the same they always were at Alabama, and they weren't exactly slouches for coaches. 

His biggest issue is penalties, and that's been a longstanding problem with him. 

I don't think that always is a 1:1. Duke Mayweather had a great breakdown of Leatherwood. Technique issues are always coachable. Will they coach the mistakes out of him? Could take time. Miller's false step in his pass pro improved a lot over time. We'll see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Eleumenor was the weak link at RG and they moved Leatherwood there because of it. While Parker is pretty bad, I doubt Eleumenor offers much more at RT. Guessing Leatherwood goes back to RT next season and they upgrade the RG spot.

We will have Good back next year but maybe he is going to man LG if healthy.

56 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't know about all that. He's got Andre James and Simpson playing better as the season progressed that's got to count for something. Even Brandon Parker has improved somehow. Gotta give cable to credit when it's due

Cable has not helped Parker overall.  His body has been slowly adjusting to back peddling from the right side.  He is always pushed back into Carr because he is slow to get into position because the right side is not natural to him.  You can have me throw a football with my left hand for the next 4 years but it is never going to be as good as my right.  Parker in a couple years might be up to speed but that will probably be with another team and he wasted his time here.  Has Cable's coaching helped him? Yes but him keeping him at the right side has hurt more than the coaching has helped.