Raiders sign OL D.J. Fluker; Released

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He looks like (from these clips anyway) what we wanted out of Leatherwood. Damn, he likes to get into the defenders on run plays and finishes with a mean streak.

I like the cut of his jib 😀😀

He looks like the super Denzel Good

18 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Vinny to the rescue:

Interesting it was just to the practice squad too. 

Fluker is someone that I called for us to sign earlier in the season when the interior OL was struggling. He's at least somewhat familiar with Cable's system as he played in Seattle the year after he left and has started a ton of games at both RG/RT. With the way our OL has played I have no problem with us swinging for the fences on former starters to try and find a temporary solution this season. No one was high on Good when we signed him and he played well for us last year.

Edited by NYRaider

19 hours ago, NickButera said:

Pretty excited about this move. Ingocnito should be coming back (he's eligible now, so as soon as he's ready to go) soon, and our oline, while not perfect, will be very serviceable for Carr to do his thing. It certainly won't be porous like we've seen the last 2 weeks. And if we're lucky we'll see an uptick in how this new unit will play the run between the tackles. 

The offensive line didn't look too bad against the donkeys

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

That's true but the Broncos DL/pass rush has also sort of imploded as well. The Steelers OL is just as bad as ours and they were able to keep Ben clean and run the ball against them. 

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

You're right, I was thinking of the two weeks prior. And even before that they struggled a bit. Not sure what made them improve so much, hopefully they're just starting to gel better. But getting a starter back and a competent backup will help tremendously I hope. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There's no way Eleumenor isn't better than Parker. Eleumenor was actually okay for New England at OT. Okay is a huge upgrade from Parker.

Yes but Cable needs to be able to admit he was wrong.  He can not so he is trying to justify trading up to grab him in front of Brown.

• Like 1