PackIRs Injury TrackIR

ReadyToThump

I figured with all the injuries that have piled up so far this season, we could use a thread of its own to keep track of all this ****.

ZaDarius Smith - back

Jaire Alexander - shoulder 

Kevin King - entire body probably

Josh Myers - finger/knee

MVS - hammy 

Darnell Savage - head

Dom Dafney - idk?

Who else am I missing? 

10 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I'm not counting on Z.  Its back surgery.  He likely won't be the same, and won't push it to risk getting another contract somewhere.  Back surgery is the NFL's  grim reaper.

Honestly, I could see him coming back for the playoffs if we're looking poised for a real super bowl run. Sadly I do believe this is his last year in GB.

58 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I figured with all the injuries that have piled up so far this season, we could use a thread of its own to keep track of all this ****.

ZaDarius Smith - back

Jaire Alexander - shoulder 

Kevin King - entire body probably

Josh Myers - finger/knee

MVS - hammy 

Darnell Savage - head

Dom Dafney - idk?

Who else am I missing? 

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCNACELwBSFryq4

I don't know... I think he's coming along...

• Like 5

Many Packers fans live in a fishbowl when it comes to their team compared to everyone else. With Dafney set to return to the active roster this week and Bakhtiari coming off the PUP, the Packers will have 6 players remaining on IR. In comparison the Titans have 20, Ravens 18, Cowboys 18, Giants 18, Broncos 18, Lions 17, 49ers 17, Colts 16, Jets 16, Patriots 15, Saints 15, Panthers 13, Browns 13. The Packers are not that bad off, on average they are better off than most. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, R T said:

Many Packers fans live in a fishbowl when it comes to their team compared to everyone else. With Dafney set to return to the active roster this week and Bakhtiari coming off the PUP, the Packers will have 6 players remaining on IR. In comparison the Titans have 20, Ravens 18, Cowboys 18, Giants 18, Broncos 18, Lions 17, 49ers 17, Colts 16, Jets 16, Patriots 15, Saints 15, Panthers 13, Browns 13. The Packers are not that bad off, on average they are better off than most. 

Its not the quantity, its the quality ... 😁

• Like 2

Sam Kinison was on Stern this morning given that it was the 35th anniversary of his first appearance on the show. In reading the weekly injury report coupling it with the long-term ramifications I only have one reaction....

Animated GIF

• Like 3

It might be cool to also put when they went to the IR and/or when they're eligible to come back.

Such as I'm theory they could activate OT Bahk anytime after week 6 (so now).

Alexander probably won't be back right away but he has to wait one or two weeks minimum.

TE Daffney has had his 3 week practice window activated what a week ago? So he should be added back to the 53 man roster in the next 3 games.

Current roster is at 52, with Tonyan and Hill headed to the IR it leaves 50 players. With Bakhtiari coming off the PUP, MVS off of IR and Adams and Lazard coming off of COVID that is 54. They will need to make another move to get down to 53. It might be nothing, but something to keep an eye on is Dillon's status, he limped off the field in the 4th and and didn't return even on any of the goal line plays from the one. Another move that wouldn't surprise is Kelly going to IR with Bakhtiari returning, that guy hasn't been healthy yet this season. 

This would leave the IR with Alexander, Myers and Z. Smith as possible returnees, Hill and Tonyan as of unknowns and the group of Ramsey, Rivers and Redmond out for the season. 

The Packers should have most well everyone else back and ready to go after their mini bye. Overall fairly healthy after 8 games into the season.  

• Like 1