Case Keemun to start TNF

I think with his chemistry with the second and his experience in the offense team this could be manageable game. 

Even if he does well it think we’d try to go back to Baker next week regardless, but for one game I think we might be able to get about 20-24 points. We won’t be able to do more than that. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If our OL is healthy enough to play and our run game is productive, I think we’re ok and have a reasonable chance to win.

If not, we don’t.

I think the defense is more important. We aren't going to light up the scoreboard more than likely. So winning a 13-7 game would be more likely 

12 minutes ago, JDD said:

I think the defense is more important. We aren't going to light up the scoreboard more than likely. So winning a 13-7 game would be more likely 

Of I don’t mean as far as lighting up the scoreboard, I just mean as far as having an offense that may be able to score 14-17 points and not go three and out each possession.

• Like 1

The Broncos won't know what to do. They can't game plan against Chubb and Hunt and they can't game plan against Baker.

They certainly aren't going to complain and will likely be a little vanilla early on so we should probably attack however we think we can attack out of the gate and if it works adjust as they adjust.

That is certainly an optimistic view. Sorta like saying we are going to catch them off guard by starting someone ahead of Myles Garrett that they have been game planning against but hey, this is a week we need to tell ourselves little white lies to keep the faith alive.

That said, I think the Broncos are beatable with our 2nd team. It probably won't be easy or pretty but I don't think they are a better than average squad.

If we lose, I’m totally cool with shutting Mayfield down for the year and using next year as the final evaluation. I don’t think it’s fair to him to determine if he’s going to get paid or not with one arm. With our schedule, it’s going to be tough sledding to get to 10 wins anyway, and that’s probably the magic number for that 7th seed. 

12 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

If we lose, I’m totally cool with shutting Mayfield down for the year and using next year as the final evaluation. I don’t think it’s fair to him to determine if he’s going to get paid or not with one arm. With our schedule, it’s going to be tough sledding to get to 10 wins anyway, and that’s probably the magic number for that 7th seed. 

If he’s willing to gut it out, I see no reason to bench him. It’s really just pain management on his end at this point.

Im perfectly fine ignoring what I see this year if it’s not great and using next year as the eval year either way.  I just think 80-90% of Baker is better than Keenum.

• Like 2

Keenum is not a multi week viable solution. I am more interested in seeing what Mullens can give us if this is going to linger past week 7. 

If he was advised against going, I am struggling to see him suit up against Pittsburgh. I know he will want to.

No bye week until week 13 is ludicrous. 

As much as it is going to hurt to watch, I do think the smartest move is to rest him until he can play unaffected or without long-term risk.  Whenever that is. 

It’s going to be painful though, seeing Keenum “lead” the offense without our top two running backs and with offensive line and wide receiver health issues. I think the offense is good enough to win some games with a back up quarterback when they are healthy, have a couple playmakers, and can run the ball. I’m struggling to see where the points are going to come from right now though outside of maybe hero-ball to DPJ.