Jonathan Taylor vs Najee Harris

Jeezla

Which RB would you rather have?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. I'm taking...

• Jonathan Taylor
    • Najee Harris

I'll take Taylor. He has freakish athleticism that Najee Harris simply can't replicate. Taylor is a threat to take it the distance from anywhere on the field, and has shown to be much better at catching passes than most had thought when he was coming into the league. Not saying he is better at Harris in that regard, but he has shown he can be a versatile RB that can make an impact in the passing game. Taylor has also been much more effective running the ball. 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, SBLIII said:

Taylor is a top 5 RB, Harris isn't close to him.

In fact, right now Taylor is trending towards being a top 3 RB.

Holy hyperbole Batman!

Taylor has played 7 games and is at ~800 yds and 6 TDs. Harris has only played 6 games, yet based on projections would through 7 games be at ~ 750 yds and 5 TDs between a significantly inferior OL.

I love both of these backs, I think both will be/already are top 5 RBs. But to say the difference isn’t even close is purely hyperbole. Taylor isn’t as strong nor with the same kind of wiggle, balance, RB vision, and route running skills as Harris. Yet he’s one of the most explosive players in the NFL (man I wanted to pair him with Lamar a couple years ago, oh well). It’s definitely close, it just becomes a case of freakish athleticism vs probably increased strength and skill. I think of the two, Harris is the better candidate to be the old man RB (aka Frank Gore) that’s still churning out 3.5+ ypc while collecting social security, while Taylor will provide the superior peak numbers than fizzle once his athleticism succumbs to injury and age- he reminds me of Jamal Lewis in that respect.

• 1 month later...