Week 7: Lions @ Rams: Goff Reunion

rocky_rams

Since there wasn’t a thread on this so far I figured I’d create one. 

No disrespect to the Lions but I feel like this game won’t be close. The Lions put up a good fight their first couple weeks but last week it seems like some players didn’t even try. 

hope Goff doesn’t do terrible but I can see this game turning ugly for him as well with AD99 chasing him and Goff having practice squad players as receivers. 

hopefully this game isn’t the beginning of the end for Goff as a starter in the league. 

their D is horrible so I see us dominating in almost every facet of the game 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 2

There’s a whole lot of story lines within this game. Goff vs LA, Stafford vs Detroit, Mcvay vs Goff, and even Campbell calling out Goff. 

At the end of the day.. this game should not be a good game. Detroit has put up some good fights and has without a doubt been very unlucky in two of their losses. That said, LA is simply better in just about every position and SHOULD win quite handily. I hope Stafford has the game of his life (for now). 

• Like 1

We've seen the offense start out slow 4 straight games. I'd like to see a quicker start. Should happen and they should put up points. There's really no area of the Lions defense that is good. Would be nice to get the starters or at least Whit and Stafford out early again. 

As for Goff and the Lions offense, I really don't know how they can move the ball much this game. They have a decent ground game but that was with Ragnow. If they can't get that going they just have Hock and Swift out of the backfield as playmakers. Maybe they test Rochell in coverage but it would still not be a great matchup. 

I think it's a blowout and I just hope Goff doesn't embarrass himself. He doesn't deserve it. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

We've seen the offense start out slow 4 straight games. I'd like to see a quicker start. Should happen and they should put up points. There's really no area of the Lions defense that is good. Would be nice to get the starters or at least Whit and Stafford out early again. 

As for Goff and the Lions offense, I really don't know how they can move the ball much this game. They have a decent ground game but that was with Ragnow. If they can't get that going they just have Hock and Swift out of the backfield as playmakers. Maybe they test Rochell in coverage but it would still not be a great matchup. 

I think it's a blowout and I just hope Goff doesn't embarrass himself. He doesn't deserve it. 

Put Ramsey on Hockenson, flood the short and intermediate ranges, and dare Detroit to throw deep. Bring interior pressure. I expect this game to not go well for Detroit. We're simply better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Put Ramsey on Hockenson, flood the short and intermediate ranges, and dare Detroit to throw deep. Bring interior pressure. I expect this game to not go well for Detroit. We're simply better.

Unless the Lions can run the ball effectively, there's virtually no chance this game isn't a blowout. It would take Goff having an out of body experience which with his situation seems impossible. 

The Lions defense has been better lately but I don't think it's good. Granted I didn't catch the Bengals game but the rest they've looked very suspect. 

Edited by LeotheLion

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I hope we destroy the Lions. That would put an end to all of this Stafford/Goff talk, at least for a while. I wish Goff well, but never at the expense of the Rams. 

It's already dead, except for the ones who want to keep dragging his name through the mud. 

I feel like the Rams are going to stomp them from the opening kickoff. The Lions defense is horrible and their offensive line is banged up. Just watch the dumpoffs to the RB and put Ramsey on Hock and I don't see much they can do, especially on the road. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

It's already dead, except for the ones who want to keep dragging his name through the mud. 

I feel like the Rams are going to stomp them from the opening kickoff. The Lions defense is horrible and their offensive line is banged up. Just watch the dumpoffs to the RB and put Ramsey on Hock and I don't see much they can do, especially on the road. 

The only thing they could do is start fast with having success on scripted plays/catch the Rams in off coverage. The Rams offense has been slow starters for 4 weeks. At their best, the Lions can run the ball effectively. I could see the game staying close if they just control the clock and the Rams cannot get going offensively again. But that shouldn't last all game and I'm not convinced the Lions will be able to run on us. The run defense has been improving weekly.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

Rams win in a route. I want them to put the Lions away by halftime. I want Stafford to throw for 5+ tds. He leads the NFL in QBR, 4th in passing yards, 3rd in tds, and 2nd in QB rating yet he isnt talked about as one of the favs for MVP. Brady is talked more for MVP and Stafford not only has comparable numbers to Brady but he outplayed him by miles and beat him head to head in Week 3 on national tv. So I want this game to be a Stafford blow up game for him to throw for 350+ yds and 5+ tds then at some point into the 4th Q have him resting bc the Rams are blowing out the Lions and just trying to run the clock out and get out with the win hopefully as healthy as possible.

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2

I think Hockenson ends up having a good game. I plan on betting his OVER 47.5 yards.

With injuries to Funk and Michel, along with Henderson being a sneeze away from major injury at all times, I think Stafford gets to throw the ball 40+ times in a blowout. This is somewhat personal for McVay even if he won't give a hint at it in the media. He wants to show WHY he did what he did. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

I think Hockenson ends up having a good game. I plan on betting his OVER 47.5 yards.

With injuries to Funk and Michel, along with Henderson being a sneeze away from major injury at all times, I think Stafford gets to throw the ball 40+ times in a blowout. This is somewhat personal for McVay even if he won't give a hint at it in the media. He wants to show WHY he did what he did. 

I hope it doesnt come at the expense of any of our players being significantly hurt. McVay can have an agenda to make Goff look really bad by Stafford looking historically great in this game. I just dont want the Rams key players to be out on the field late in the 4th Q in a blowout still trying to pour it on and then one get hurt. Makes me think of Week 1 last season when Sean Payton did that to the Bucs. They were dominating the Bucs all game long. The game was over. Instead of having his key guys on the sidelines he still had Brees throwing to Thomas late in the 4th Q then Thomas got hurt and was never the same again. Still dealing with that injury as we speak all bc of Payton trying to make a statement to Brady and the Bucs.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I hope it doesnt come at the expense of any of our players being significantly hurt. McVay can have an agenda to make Goff look really bad by Stafford looking historically great in this game. I just dont want the Rams key players to be out on the field late in the 4th Q in a blowout still trying to pour it on and then one get hurt. Makes me think of Week 1 last season when Sean Payton did that to the Bucs. They were dominating the Bucs all game long. The game was over. Instead of having his key guys on the sidelines he still had Brees throwing to Thomas late in the 4th Q then Thomas got hurt and was never the same again. Still dealing with that injury as we speak all bc of Payton trying to make a statement to Brady and the Bucs.  

100% agree. If the Rams are up that much in the 4Q, McVay will have proven his point and can sit Stafford like he did last week. 

• Like 2