Packets sign Merciless

mikebpackfan

I am being the change I hoped to see. 

It’s official.  

First, we shall post our hopes and dreams about this signing. Then, we will angrily post, I knew this dude was washed.  Then, he’ll make some key play in some key game, and we’ll post about how great our GM Briaaron Rodgekunst is.  

Or, maybe we won’t. 

Edited by mikebpackfan
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

Coach’s presser today was noncommittal.  I’d guess they will train him into a couple of passing defenses and he will be active. 

Yeah strict passing downs 3rd and long let him have a rip at it with no responsibilities other than pressure. Go from there of course. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I'd wager not one thing has changed with the FO operations since the signing of Cobb.

While Toddfather note he was joking I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe AR didn't make the call obviously but if he feels compelled to based on info between him the FO he could have done some heavy recruiting. The same could go the other way. If players like AR and others feel very close to being a top team they could easily apply pressure in the right manner for bringing in players.

Things aren't always just black and white. 

3 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

While Toddfather note he was joking I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe AR didn't make the call obviously but if he feels compelled to based on info between him the FO he could have done some heavy recruiting. The same could go the other way. If players like AR and others feel very close to being a top team they could easily apply pressure in the right manner for bringing in players.

Things aren't always just black and white. 

I agree but hard to ignore last season with:

Snacks

Austin

Tramon

Veldheer

etc

Things changed with Gutey too.

• Like 2

I saw this thread in the NFL general news thread.

Texans fans think he's cooked and was never very good, outside of one year.

Then I looked at his stats.  3 sacks so far.  I thought that was okay for a cooked player.

Then I looked at the combined sacks so far for P and Gary.  3.5.  Then I cried some sad tears.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I saw this thread in the NFL general news thread.

Texans fans think he's cooked and was never very good, outside of one year.

Then I looked at his stats.  3 sacks so far.  I thought that was okay for a cooked player.

Then I looked at the combined sacks so far for P and Gary.  3.5.  Then I cried some sad tears.

Why sad?