GTA Trilogy

Kiltman

On 10/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, iknowcool said:

Part of me wants to believe that Rockstar's vision for GTA 6 is so massive that it really is taking them this long to make the game.

Like it's been so long since GTA V that I can't even imagine how crazy and game-changing GTA 6 will be.  

I have zero doubt it's deep in development, but they will still milk GTA5 Online for a few more years.   I do think we will get an announcement sometime in 2022.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

This thread is hilarious. 😂 

I lost it looking at Candy Suxx. Shordy looks like Brock Lesnar in the definitive version. Looks like I made the right call waiting. Just found out 3 key songs aren't in the Vice City version. I'll wait till its $20. If I get real nostalgic feeling, I can always boot up the OG PS2 version. I still own it.

• Like 1

Look, I'm not trying to defend Rockstar

But I'm not sure what all the people who preordered and bought this game were really expecting?  I played GTA SA Definitive Edition a little yesterday (they put it on Game Pass; I'm definitely not buying the trilogy) and yeah, it had some bugs and glitches... but for the most part, it was what I expected.  I had fun. I don't really know why people would preorder a remastered (not a remake) version of old as hell games if they are going to be bothered by bugs, glitches, imperfect physics, etc.  

Yeah, Rockstar could/should have done a better job.  But people need to stop buying things that a reasonable person could have seen being a problem a mile away.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iknowcool said:

But I'm not sure what all the people who preordered and bought this game were really expecting?  I played GTA SA Definitive Edition a little yesterday (they put it on Game Pass; I'm definitely not buying the trilogy) and yeah, it had some bugs and glitches... but for the most part, it was what I expected.  I had fun. I don't really know why people would preorder a remastered (not a remake) version of old as hell games if they are going to be bothered by bugs, glitches, imperfect physics, etc.  

Yeah, Rockstar could/should have done a better job.  But people need to stop buying things that a reasonable person could have seen being a problem a mile away.  

I think a lot of people don't know the difference between a remaster and a remake tbh. I think a lot of people were expecting these games to play like GTA 5 and that's where a lot of the complaints are coming from.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I dont disagree, but in fairness, there have been alot of other issues being reported.     According to many, the graphics choices, while smoother and more vibrant, arent all for the best (see the above face change) and there are numerous gameplay issues (which Im sure will be patched).

I dont think I will be purchasing this.  I had fun with the games when the originally came out, but I dont really feel they are worth returning to.    There are games I get nostalgic to play, but the original GTA's havent aged particularly well, and I dont think the remasters fix many of the issues.

• 8 months later...

What do people think of this as a whole? It's 35% off on marketplace for the next couple of days. I was an enormous SA fan so would buy the pack purely to play that one (You can't individually buy, must get all 3).

I never played GTA 3 or Vice City, thinking it would be fun to try those out too?

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What do people think of this as a whole? It's 35% off on marketplace for the next couple of days. I was an enormous SA fan so would buy the pack purely to play that one (You can't individually buy, must get all 3).

I never played GTA 3 or Vice City, thinking it would be fun to try those out too?

Vice City, absolutely.   

GTA 3 feels so outdated now in almost every way,  but you might be able to enjoy it.

22 minutes ago, 43M said:

Vice City, absolutely.   

GTA 3 feels so outdated now in almost every way,  but you might be able to enjoy it.

That's what I was thinking too. I've heard such brutal things about this remastered pack. Tons of glitches, graphics look like playdoh, etc. They've done some patches since it was released but I am still skeptical paying $50 for something that might stink.