2022 Coaching Candidates

BroncoBruin

I don't understand the hype for the combo Hackett-Getsy-Rodgers.....

If Rodgers is free why not but 2 1st round + 2 starters after abysmal performance yesterday in 2nd half we saw enough to say Denver will not be much better. And i am not sure that Rodgers think we will be better than GB next year. He wants a ring. We are far away to be a contender

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, French Fan said:

I don't understand the hype for the combo Hackett-Getsy-Rodgers.....

If Rodgers is free why not but 2 1st round + 2 starters after abysmal performance yesterday in 2nd half we saw enough to say Denver will not be much better. And i am not sure that Rodgers think we will be better than GB next year. He wants a ring. We are far away to be a contender

I disagree.  We are a Rogers and a competent HC away from contending.  The Broncos right now have far more weapons for Rogers to use, a better OL, and a better defense than Green Bay.  But that is my opinion and I could be wrong. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I get the sense that Getsy will be an OC target no matter who the HC is. He is the only one that can be promoted to a coordinator job out of the candidates. And that move I think is setup a run at Rogers. It makes complete sense. With that said, I'd be okay with Gannon at HC because Rogers will raise all waters. 

Re the bold, I'm not so sure Rogers will be drawn to anything Green Bay associated as it's done very little for him up to this point so if that's the thinking I'm just not so sure.  But having said that he is not a bad choice just based on merit.......

1 hour ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Anyone have a good link for info on Gannon’s background? With all the mentions, I’m trying to understand his story better to figure out where all the love seems to be coming from. 

He was in Minn for 3 years with Paton as a DB coach

Rodgers scares me quite a bit. I can easily see a scenario where Denver gives 3 1sts plus for Rodgers and he plays one year loses in playoffs and decides to retire after next year. While that is possible with anyone, it would be a shock with anyone else except Rodgers. That is a huge risk. That is why I prefer Wilson to Rodgers 

• Like 1