Impending Hue Jackson Firing, Coaching Non-Options, & Other Nonsense

Mind Character

"When Jimmy fires Hue, and fired he shall...it will be to the sound of applause."  -- Proximo

gladiator22.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're coming.....they're coming for you Hue....

...And there's no stopping them at this point...

200.gif#1-grid1

pitchforks.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm certain that we win somewhere between 0-2 games this year.

I'm certain that Jimmy will fire Hue b/c of that record....

I'm even more certain that it will be the wrong decision.

Hue Jackson like every single HC has his flaws, but when Hue gets fired I firmly believe that we would have never had the opportunity to see what Hue could've done as a leader. Some HC are alignment leaders, culture drivers, and master motivators that delegate playcalling and most decisions like a  Urban Meyer or Jim Tressel type.

Hue always had the reputation as not just a master play caller and developer but a special leader able to drive winning culture. His deficiency's as a game manager are in the front of everyone's mind b/c he never had the chance to have the talent to develop a winning culture.

Andy Reid is one of the worst game managers of all time. He has no idea how to manage timeouts or situational football, but he is elite in driving organizational alignment, delegating appropriately, and create a winning culture.

For a winning culture to take root, the people/players have to see proof positive that the plan is working...they have to see the results of the plan...positive results after hearing a coach give his speeches and game plans.

When you tear down a team to the studs you take away the magical ability of a win to wash away all the coaching errors, off the field issues, player in game mistakes, etc...

All that is left is the coldness of the loss with all the mistakes naked and exposed for perpetual incessant criticisms.

I'll go down believing that Hue made his fair share of mistakes (4th down calls, time management, overaggressive play calling despite a serious talent deficiency), but I also know that he (and Al Saunders, Clyde Simmons, Bob Wylie, etc) never got the chance to really work with players for which they could elevate their talent toward sustained winning.

No one can argue that Hue has not made bad play calls or decisions, but the vast majority of the time those decisions were not what prevented us from winning, but instead the talent deficiency, youth, and experience did.

We should keep Hue and the FO and give them one more draft, FA, and year to see if we can get to 5+ wins....

There's zero chance in my mind in regards to that being a possibility...

---------------------------------------------------------------

To those that will celebrate Hue's firing...

....Say hello to your new HC candidates

....But before you do...think about what coaches and football people think about the Browns' ownership and what they've done to coaches...

....The narrative in football coaching circles is that the Browns ownership is a joke...it's the main reason why they thought Hue Jackson would go winless last year before the preseason despite the fact that they all thought Hue was a great coach.

HAIL OUR FUTURE LEADER (NON)OPTIONS:

Candidate #1 - Jeff Fisher - Chances He'll Accept: 100%

200.gif#14-grid1

Candidate #2 - Jim Bob Cooter OC Lions - Chances He'll Accept: 5%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ83F2tGWcMbxaFZY-AkxS

Candidate #2 - Josh Mcdaniels OC Patriots - Chances He'll Accept: 0%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS96y0pmDt5aAz2c6XcJwt

#3 Candidate Steve Spagnulo DC Giants - Chances He'll Accept: 100%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaG_XqoszrxC7vYmob7m2

#4 Teryl Austin DC Lions - Chances He'll Accept: 100%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjcSLldlIZxvq7DvlpJs5

#5 Matt Patricia DC Patriots - Chances He'll Accept: 5%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-XXQ0ZKc2kKfikNkIx9Q

#6 John Gruden Analyst - Chances He'll Accept: LOLOLOLOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-rafL2ZsiiJU6STG5hN

#7 Bill Cowher - Chances He'll Accept: HAHAHAAHAHA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXeJXV_hXw8u7UUGwgAhh

#8 David Shaw - Chances He'll Accept: 0%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxFeArAs9z5S6Clvgt1XD

#9 Jim Mora Jr. - Chances He'll Accept: 100%

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfhuIgVznmG1h01BeptFd

#10 James Franklin - Chances He'll Accept: LOL

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTD6YRwz_EGnQMgNQtHKqt

------------------------------------------------------

Impending Cleveland Plain Dealer Headline:

Jimmy Sends Hue to 'The Lake' & Promises the Process Will be Right the Next Time -- By Mary Kay Cabot..

200.gif#11-grid1

I hear that the team is high on the coaching prospects of Sidney from the Wal Mart sporting goods dept. in TN, but I don't know which Wal Mart that it was.

In all seriousness, we won't get a good candidate if we fire Hue, we have that quick hook reputation.  One candidate i didn't not see in that list is Jim Harbaugh.

There you go, @LETSGOBROWNIES

Mind has all the answers, so there was no need for me to waste any time researching your question.

Bravo, Mind.

Don't let the fact that Mora (.485) and Fisher (.512) have astronomically better NFL records than our current coach (.290) get you down.

This is how bad Hue is that these guys actually represent an improvement.

A hologram of Paul Brown would represent an improvement.  Now that's a forward-thinking idea that the Harvard guys might just love.

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

The only way we are getting a good HC is if we put a respected football guy in charge of the roster and even then it will be a tough sell

So now we're gonna blow the whole thing up?  

They haven't even remotely finished rebuilding from the last time they fired everyone LESS THAN TWO YEARS AGO!!!

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

There you go, @LETSGOBROWNIES

Mind has all the answers, so there was no need for me to waste any time researching your question.

Bravo, Mind.

Don't let the fact that Mora (.485) and Fisher (.512) have astronomically better NFL records than our current coach (.290) get you down.

This is how bad Hue is that these guys actually represent an improvement.

A hologram of Paul Brown would represent an improvement.  Now that's a forward-thinking idea that the Harvard guys might just love.

Be honest, has Mora or Fisher ever had a roster as bad as Hue the last two season?

I mean, a lot of Fisher's career was spent coaching McNair, Eddie George, Bullock, Kearse, etc.

That was a decent roster, believe me, I played with them in Madden more than most brah.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So now we're gonna blow the whole thing up?  

They haven't even remotely finished rebuilding from the last time they fired everyone LESS THAN TWO YEARS AGO!!!

Why is it all or nothing?

They could add Scot McCloughan to the front office, and keep the same plan but just have better evaluation.

Replacing the coach doesn't mean the plan would have to change, just the guy charged with implementing it on the field.  

Every player that a new coach would want to get rid of is already going to be replaced anyway (Britt, Campbell, Crowell, et al).

Is the new coach going  to want a new QB? He'd be a fool if he didn't. That doesn't change the plan.  Kizer, like Kessler, was a hedge, not an investment.

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

Why is it all or nothing?

They could add Scot McCloughan to the front office, and keep the same plan but just have better evaluation.

Replacing the coach doesn't mean the plan would have to change, just the guy charged with implementing it on the field.  

Every player that a new coach would want to get rid of is already going to be replaced anyway (Britt, Campbell, Crowell, et al).

Is the new coach going  to want a new QB? He'd be a fool if he didn't. That doesn't change the plan.  Kizer, like Kessler, was a hedge, not an investment.

Replacing the HC (again) means a new scheme (again) another season of every player starting from scratch (again).

Browns fans have this habit of thinking whoever is coaching here is a moron.  Shurmur was a moron who ran a terrible offense (he isn't, and doesn't), Arians was a bum (remember that?), Romeo forgot defense (Texans look ok), etc.

I agree though, why all or nothing? Why not just have Hue hire an OC and let him focus on being the HC? Keep the position coaches who've been learning our current talent in place, keep Williams who, before yesterday had us with a top 10 defense (yardage), keep guys in the same system. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Replacing the HC (again) means a new scheme (again) another season of every player starting from scratch (again).

Browns fans have this habit of thinking whoever is coaching here is a moron.  Shurmur was a moron who ran a terrible offense (he isn't, and doesn't), Arians was a bum (remember that?), Romeo forgot defense (Texans look ok), etc.

I agree though, why all or nothing? Why not just have Hue hire an OC and let him focus on being the HC? Keep the position coaches who've been learning our current talent in place, keep Williams who, before yesterday had us with a top 10 defense (yardage), keep guys in the same system. 

Because the schemes are bunk.  The offense is predictable and overcomplicated.  The defense sells out to stop the run, but can't keep points off the board because there are acres of open territory for pass catchers to operate freely in.  Talent is not going to fix those issues.  New coaches will have to, because these coaches will just keep hammering away at implementing plans that are doomed to fail by design.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And as appealing as Mccloughan may be in some aspects, the fact remains he's a drunk who's been fired from 2 previous gigs because of his drinking.

Functional alcoholics are fine by me, as long as they get the job done and don't operate heavy machinery.

9 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Because the schemes are bunk.  The offense is predictable and overcomplicated.  The defense sells out to stop the run, but can't keep points off the board because there are acres of open territory for pass catchers to operate freely in.  Talent is not going to fix those issues.  New coaches will have to, because these coaches will just keep hammering away at implementing plans that are doomed to fail by design.

Literally the same things fans here say with every regime.

Both Hue and Gregg have been successful multiple places before here and will be successful if they leave, just like the guys I just named (Romeo, Shurmur, Arians, etc).

These guys didn't get the job on a fluke, they were viewed as top shelf, proven candidates for a reason.

Archived