Surprise top-10 pick/s?

Suffering_Bills

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Not to mention the versatility to be a top notch athlete at 270-300 pounds that variance can make him very scheme versatile for whatever team grabs him. Could see a team with two firsts take the gamble on him early. Like the Giants and their thing for UGA players. Could play 5 tech for them on a line with Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence. 

This guy has a unique physique and skillset 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

At one point I was hoping I can get him in the 2nd, but the more he plays well I realize that won't happen. 

If he gets into a good system he is going to be a player that takes the first half of the season to develop his hand techniques and rush plans and then there will be an explosion of disruptive plays the last half of his rookie season. Some will think it’s a slow start and won’t look worth the pick early wanting that instant impact but it will come he’s still a raw ball of clay with his power and athleticism. This is my prediction I’ll be intrigued to check back on this. 

9 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

If he gets into a good system he is going to be a player that takes the first half of the season to develop his hand techniques and rush plans and then there will be an explosion of disruptive plays the last half of his rookie season. Some will think it’s a slow start and won’t look worth the pick early wanting that instant impact but it will come he’s still a raw ball of clay with his power and athleticism. This is my prediction I’ll be intrigued to check back on this. 

He is already outstanding vs the run, I would love to see what his PFF ratings are, but refuses to give up an inch when the ball is ran his way, I agree, he would have to have a slight adjustment playing in space and pass rush moves if an even front team drafts him, but he brings a skillset that can have him on the field from down 1 IMO

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He is already outstanding vs the run, I would love to see what his PFF ratings are, but refuses to give up an inch when the ball is ran his way, I agree, he would have to have a slight adjustment playing in space and pass rush moves if an even front team drafts him, but he brings a skillset that can have him on the field from down 1 IMO

Do you have a prospect comparison?

On 1/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, MKnight82 said:

Virginia's QB Brennan Armstrong declares, goes top 10. 

True but he has not declared right, interesting to see what he does my guess is he returns to school but who knows.  

18 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Logan Hall

Agreed, could do extremely well at the Senior Bowl and increase his stock greatly.  Awesome looking talent and if he shows out against top competition there you go.  

17 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m going to throw Travon Walker into this

If he plays like he did against Michigan when the play Bama, yes agreed.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, Scoundrel said:

Nakobe Dean. Doubt it happens because he is undersized but wouldn’t fault a team for it either. He’s a tone setter and all over the field. 

Again if he plays like he did against Michigan vs Bama, yes again.  Played arguably the best game of his career against Michigan, he was outstanding.  

Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati JR CB, not sure it would be a surprise but if he times out well he could easily go in the top 10 with his natural cover ability, length and ball skills. 

Jameson Williams Alabama JR WR, also not a huge surprise but could go 1st WR selected overall assuming he runs some 4.37 40 or something, has a great vertical and a big performance against Georgia which he did last time they played.  Will be interesting to see how they defend him this time because last time totally took the top off of them all and burned them.  

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I could see Desmond Ridder or Sam Howell being a "surprise" top 10 pick as well. A few teams need QB's in the top 10 and pretty much everyone has the QB's ranked differently this year.

God help the team that spends a top 10 pick on Ridder.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

God help the team that spends a top 10 pick on Ridder.

I agree that he's not worth it. But I can realistically see a scenario where Willis, Howell, Ridder, or Strong goes way higher than what people are projecting. Kind of like a Daniel Jones situation. I thought Kenny Pickett was starting to separate himself as QB1 but then I saw everyone on here saying he was undraftable, lol. Matt Coral is another candidate to be QB1 but I personally could see someone falling in love with the skillset of another QB over him. And to your credit your praise of Howell actually sparked my interest enough to go watch some more of him and he is better then I gave him credit for. 

I was surprised by his mobility and willingness to run and not being phased when he started getting hit. He kind of reminds me of Jalen Hurts, not as a prospect but what he was this year for the Eagles. Duel threat QB that can be erratic with his accuracy but is ultimately a guy that makes plays and doesn't get rattled. I don't think he's quite as mobile as Jalen but is probably a slightly more consistent passer at the same stage. Interested to see where he lands.