(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

I unfortunately feel as though I know how this poll is going to shake out due to previously read comments, but I figured I'd post it just to go get a real sense of the public mind.

No coach can win with this roster & Hue and co have made some bad coaching decisions...both things can be true.

Hue was tasked with finding a QB and developing offensive talent.

Leaving record aside, he has failed in both those regards. 

When coupled with his historically bad record here (.043 and dropping), his egregious game management, and general lack of discipline, how could you keep him?

Continuity of failure just means more failure.  

3 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

You're making the assumption Hue has got his guys though.

If Hue had been able to make the call, does he take Wents or Watson? Idk...I only know the two he has been given to work with are a middling talent with qb2 upside and a physically impressive specimen who is as big of a project as I can recall.

Hue was given chicken livers and you're expecting him to make foie gras.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You're making the assumption Hue has got his guys though.

If Hue had been able to make the call, does he take Wents or Watson? Idk...I only know the two he has been given to work with are a middling talent with qb2 upside and a physically impressive specimen who is as big of a project as I can recall.

Hue was given chicken livers and you're expecting him to make foie gras.

Their words, not mine.

Every QB in that room is Hue's choice. Their words could not be any clearer.

13 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Their words, not mine.

Every QB in that room is Hue's choice. Their words could not be any clearer.

At no point did Sashi say Hue will get to draft his guy without hesitation. 

You're trying to use a discussion with the media as the gospel because it fits your narrative, but as outsiders we have no clue if that's actually how things have played out. 

IIRC, Hue was all in on Goff the first year, and, if you believe the text story, Watson this past season. Many reports believed Mahomes was the target at 12 as well, but who knows.

All I'm saying is let's not confuse "his guy" with a hedged bet that adds some talent to a talent deprived room.

Just because I can pick a meal off a menu at Wendy's doesn't mean that's my ideal choice, sometimes the situation dictates you settle.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

When coupled with his historically bad record here (.043 and dropping), his egregious game management, and general lack of discipline, how could you keep him?

Continuity of failure just means more failure.  

How can he be tasked with finding a QB when the lawyer Sashi has final say over all draft and roster decisions, and has gone moneyball and traded out of the 2 slots (last year #2 an this year #12) when we could have had Wentz or Watson?

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

How can he be tasked with finding a QB when the lawyer Sashi has final say over all draft and roster decisions, and has gone moneyball and traded out of the 2 slots (last year #2 an this year #12) when we could have had Wentz or Watson?

Maybe because Hue, the guy tasked to find a QB, was not sold on either.

Again, their words, not mine.

Hope I didn't ruin anyone's Hue Is Blameless Parade with that startling revelation that has been public information for nearly 11 months now.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At no point did Sashi say Hue will get to draft his guy without hesitation. 

You're trying to use a discussion with the media as the gospel because it fits your narrative, but as outsiders we have no clue if that's actually how things have played out. 

IIRC, Hue was all in on Goff the first year, and, if you believe the text story, Watson this past season. Many reports believed Mahomes was the target at 12 as well, but who knows.

All I'm saying is let's not confuse "his guy" with a hedged bet that adds some talent to a talent deprived room.

Just because I can pick a meal off a menu at Wendy's doesn't mean that's my ideal choice, sometimes the situation dictates you settle.

Dear God just listen to their words and quit moving the goal line with these food analogies.

Stop trying to create a conspiracy when there is none. The words are plain as day. 

You Hue Truthers are getting desperate to find a reason why he sucks, when it just might be as simple as he is not as good as we thought at this whole QB thing. 

Just now, ditchdigger said:

Dear God just listen to their words and quit moving the goal line with these food analogies.

Stop trying to create a conspiracy when there is none. The words are plain as day. 

You Hue Truthers are getting desperate to find a reason why he sucks, when it just might be as simple as he is not as good as we thought at this whole QB thing. 

Sorry man, I skipped breakfast and I'm hungry as hell.

To the last point, maybe the roster isn't good enough/as good as YOU thought?  No?

We cannot fire him after 1 1/2 seasons. Name another coach that could win with this team? GO ahead... I'll wait. Can't?

Hue has no WRs, rookie QBs and a youth movement on his team. He needs to stay here another season. After 3 season then put him on the hot seat. I'm sure Sashi is going to load the offense up this season just like he loaded the defense last season. Trust me. We have the cap and the picks. Give Hue another off season and another season. If we are 0-7 this time next year, then I might agree. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry man, I skipped breakfast and I'm hungry as hell.

To the last point, maybe the roster isn't good enough/as good as YOU thought?  No?

It's definitely not good on offense.  I know that.

It's not 0 wins bad, but it's definitely not good.

Now when Hue starts pressing, trying to save his ***, it just looks worse.  The problem is he starts pressing when we're behind, even by 3 points.  And we're just about always behind, so it's like blood in the water for these defenses.

Archived