(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Oh yeah. I'm not even an OSU dude but his rise to prominence hasn't been because he's likable. Houston's been dealt a ton of injuries this year and the D still holds its own. Not to mention he's had a lot of time in places like New England and OSU. I think he'd be a good hire in the same way Sean McVay works in LA. 

Fair enough, but none of these guys get jobs because they're likeable.

2 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

It's definitely not good on offense.  I know that.

It's not 0 wins bad, but it's definitely not good.

Now when Hue starts pressing, trying to save his ***, it just looks worse.  The problem is he starts pressing when we're behind, even by 3 points.  And we're just about always behind, so it's like blood in the water for these defenses.

Yes it is that bad. Here is our offense. 

RB - Crow is below average. He is a 3rd down back, 2nd option on any other team in the league. Duke Johnson however is the best part of our offense. True statement. 

WR - Coleman is always injured. Britt and the practice squad all-stars are a motley crew of misfits that cannot start on any other team in the league. We do not have a 1 or a 2 WR on this team. Coleman is a slot WR at best. Their lack of talent to get open and catch the ball has lost us games. Britt single handedly has cost us points with his "give the CB the ball" ability. They are a joke. When the PS garbage from Philly is our best option, we have a serious problem. We cannot stretch the field. Heck I'd bring in an extra rusher every single down because they suck so badly. I'd challenge them to get open in man to man. There is a 50/50 chance they won't catch the ball or they'll run the wrong route. 

TE - Our tight ends are the best part of our team and they are average and under used because they need to block. 

Oline - Without Thomas our line goes from slightly above average to below average. Drango played well but how long is that going to last? As for the FA signings? They replaced Mack and Schwartz. 

QB - Kizer/Kessler/Hogan would not start on any other team in the league. They are backups. Kizer is the only one that might be able to grow into something more. It's hard to tell though because our offense is garbage. 

In short, we have a serious deficit of talent on our offense. No coach in the NFL could win with this roster. Pick one. He wouldn't win here. That is why I'm holding judgment on Hue until Sashi actually signed and drafts offensive talent. 

Coleman and Louis will be the only two WRs we keep from this roster going into next season. We fire Hue at any point from now until the end of the season and it is a huge step in reverse. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes, why not keep doing the same asinine things you've done before (even though you realize they're asinine) because that's how things have been done before.

Sounds promising.

Why doesn't it work the next time?

Sticking with a guy who literally has never won more than one game isn't an example of doing the same thing over and over again? Pot meet kettle. 

Just now, Reginaldm9 said:

Why doesn't it work the next time?

Sticking with a guy who literally has never won more than one game isn't an example of doing the same thing over and over again? Pot meet kettle. 

I know what you are saying. 1 game in 2 seasons of play is hot garbage but there is more to it than that. Look at the rosters the previous coaches have had. This is the worst offensive skilled position roster I have ever seen. I know I am not crazy for pointing this out either. We have practice squad players seeing serious game time. Players who could not make their team. I know I am beating a dead horse here but our WRs are complete garbage. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

20 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I know what you are saying. 1 game in 2 seasons of play is hot garbage but there is more to it than that. Look at the rosters the previous coaches have had. This is the worst offensive skilled position roster I have ever seen. I know I am not crazy for pointing this out either. We have practice squad players seeing serious game time. Players who could not make their team. I know I am beating a dead horse here but our WRs are complete garbage. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Totally get what you're saying. This roster sucks for the most part. I just think that even with a talented roster, Hue wins us 4-6 games maximum. Most other coaches can manage better than he can. 

I just don't buy the Kizer/Hue can't succeed because of the 52 other players when Kizer/Hue have performed at the  bottom of the league level. People can usually notice a diamond among garbage, I ain't seeing nothing close to that from either. If Belichick/Brady rolled into town we'd be a playoff contender. If Hue/Kizer were anything close we'd have a win by now.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn't that Andrew Berry?

I mean, they haven't hit on every pick, but who does?  

We don't know what they're batting on picks til the end of next year.  Peppers, Njoku, and Coleman all have bust potential still.  Peppers play doesn't concern anybody enough here, Kindred is a better SS than he is and he's a terrible FS.  Njoku is lost in the mush that's our offense and Coleman hasn't stayed healthy.  Conceivably hit just 1/4 of their 1st rounders if we are being honest.

I do not consider firing Hue and adding a football guy in the FO "blow(-ing) it up again."

Yeah, we might have new systems to install.

Big deal.

Hue's hasn't exactly been the best thing since sliced bread, and who knows?...maybe Williams is asked to stick around.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

We don't know what they're batting on picks til the end of next year.  Peppers, Njoku, and Coleman all have bust potential still.  Peppers play doesn't concern anybody enough here, Kindred is a better SS than he is and he's a terrible FS.  Njoku is lost in the mush that's our offense and Coleman hasn't stayed healthy.  Conceivably hit just 1/4 of their 1st rounders if we are being honest.

Now we're expecting rookie TE's to produce?

Have a look-see at some TE's rookie season and get back to me.  Production at that position is the exception, not the rule.

If we're really being honest they all have bust potential.  I'm not sure what Garrett's done in 4 games to avoid your list.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I do not consider firing Hue and adding a football guy in the FO "blow(-ing) it up again."

Yeah, we might have new systems to install.

Big deal.

Hue's hasn't exactly been the best thing since sliced bread, and who knows?...maybe Williams is asked to stick around.

Firing the coaching staff and the GM is pretty much the definition of blowing it up.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I just don't buy the Kizer/Hue can't succeed because of the 52 other players when Kizer/Hue have performed at the  bottom of the league level. People can usually notice a diamond among garbage, I ain't seeing nothing close to that from either. If Belichick/Brady rolled into town we'd be a playoff contender. If Hue/Kizer were anything close we'd have a win by now.

Yes, if we had the best coach and qb of all time instead of Hue and a rookie we'd be a playoff contender (maybe? perhaps? are we just assuming this as fact?).

Kizer isn't anything close to Brady, I don't think anyone is saying he is.  Actually pretty much everyone thinks qb is our biggest need this offseason. 

You seem to be arguing with yourself (and maybe brownie man?) on that part.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Now we're expecting rookie TE's to produce?

Have a look-see at some TE's rookie season and get back to me.  Production at that position is the exception, not the rule.

If we're really being honest they all have bust potential.  I'm not sure what Garrett's done in 4 games to avoid your list.

He's a forgivable bust.  There was no reason why we wouldn't take him, the other 3 we gave up prospects for.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yes, if we had the best coach and qb of all time instead of Hue and a rookie we'd be a playoff contender (maybe? perhaps? are we just assuming this as fact?).

Kizer isn't anything close to Brady, I don't think anyone is saying he is.  Actually pretty much everyone thinks qb is our biggest need this offseason. 

You seem to be arguing with yourself (and maybe brownie man?) on that part.

It's just a guess that we'd be playoff contenders with BB/TB but don't you think we would be? Instant offense with an already competent D. Our receivers would still drop balls but the next pass would likely be completed not underthrown or off the mark. I think we have a couple wins with Kessler alone, magnify that with TB and BB and yeah I think we have a winning record. Just give us BB and I think we have wins. He would probably start the accurate guy but still that is a coach decision.

Most of the forum has made excuses for Hue/Kizer all year saying they have nothing to work with. If Hue was a great coach we would all know by now don't you think? I think we would. If he was a good coach I think the majority would still have his back right now. He may be an average head coach in a bad situation but who even cares if we keep an average coach? A head coaches job to the product on the field. We've had great draft grades the last couple years for whatever that is worth so even if we drafted busts at least most didn't project them to be busts. Or maybe they just aren't put in the right position to succeed. We don't really know anything for certain except for what is. We can know that things couldn't be much worse with anyone else in charge. Results have been very poor. That needs to change this year with the personnel that we have. A good coach can do that. I'm waiting.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

It's just a guess that we'd be playoff contenders with BB/TB but don't you think we would be? Instant offense with an already competent D. Our receivers would still drop balls but the next pass would likely be completed not underthrown or off the mark. I think we have a couple wins with Kessler alone, magnify that with TB and BB and yeah I think we have a winning record. Just give us BB and I think we have wins. He would probably start the accurate guy but still that is a coach decision.

Most of the forum has made excuses for Hue/Kizer all year saying they have nothing to work with. If Hue was a great coach we would all know by now don't you think? I think we would. If he was a good coach I think the majority would still have his back right now. He may be an average head coach in a bad situation but who even cares if we keep an average coach? A head coaches job to the product on the field. We've had great draft grades the last couple years for whatever that is worth so even if we drafted busts at least most didn't project them to be busts. Or maybe they just aren't put in the right position to succeed. We don't really know anything for certain except for what is. We can know that things couldn't be much worse with anyone else in charge. Results have been very poor. That needs to change this year with the personnel that we have. A good coach can do that. I'm waiting.

Why would Kessler win us games? What gives you that idea? It sure as hell isnt his record as a starter.

As far as firing him and hiring a new guy, I don't need to see that, I've watched it for 2 decades.  I'll save you the suspense it doesn't work.

And yes, we'd be better with the GOAT qb.  I'm not sure what that solves as it's completely irrelevant, but I'm glad we agree on it.

Archived