(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

Njokus package aside, I have a perspective Im yet to read on here yet. I was completely onboard keeping our FO and coaches until next season concluded, then make the evaluation whether to proceed with them or move on, as long as both sides remained in lockstep, loyal to the plan and eachother. But Hue has now gotta go. He turned on Sashi when he was questioned about the roster a few weeks back and said ask Sashi, and now hes doing it again through his personal media mouthpiece, Mike Silver. Now hes putting it out there he wanted Garropollo, but the FO failed to act. Thats not lockstep, thats cowardice, trying to control the narrative on his failure. Funny thing is, with all of Hues mistakes Sashi probably would havestill backed Hue, but Hues proven he doesnt have the same backbone.

Maybe Im wrong, but are you reading reports that the front office is displeased with Hue and his halfassed decisions?? Nope. Are we reading how the front office didnt wanna sign RG3 but Hue fell in love in that try out? Hell, Hue went on and on about how Kizer was the best qb hes ever worked with and how hed be a failure if he couldnt harvest that kids talent. Now, he wanted Goff or Garropollo, but the FO gave him garbage. Convenient.

Hues gotta go.

2 hours ago, matt27j said:

Njoku has a solid package.

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

article-2721027-20466B7D00000578-852_306

1 hour ago, matt27j said:

lmao. A strange day here on these boards. 

I apologize for being unclear.  I was talking about his Boddy-Calhoun.  I mean Njoku's wiener.

56 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Hues gotta go.

Gotta agree, but here's a read with a twist that might make some sense: http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/10/cleveland-browns-shouldnt-fire-hue-jackson/

Must add that for a while I have thought that HC is a job Hue is learning through OJT.

That being said, he might well just be a designated fall guy for the crap the team has put on the field on his watch.

5 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Gotta agree, but here's a read with a twist that might make some sense: http://waitingfornextyear.com/2017/10/cleveland-browns-shouldnt-fire-hue-jackson/

Must add that for a while I have thought that HC is a job Hue is learning through OJT.

That being said, he might well just be a designated fall guy for the crap the team has put on the field on his watch.

If you read my whole argument youll see my reasoning to fire Hue. Its not the bad playcalling, or penalties...I can live with the rough edges of a young roster and learning coach. Its Hue selling out the FO repeatedly because he doesnt want to own his terrible record. If he stayed in lockstep with the FO id be calling to keep them together.

26 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If you read my whole argument youll see my reasoning to fire Hue. Its not the bad playcalling, or penalties...I can live with the rough edges of a young roster and learning coach. Its Hue selling out the FO repeatedly because he doesnt want to own his terrible record. If he stayed in lockstep with the FO id be calling to keep them together.

Rodger that.

He threw his team under the bus when they didn't win the last game that would have put them in the playoffs.

Blame transfer.

On 10/31/2017 at 6:10 PM, Fatgerman said:

Njokus package aside, I have a perspective Im yet to read on here yet. I was completely onboard keeping our FO and coaches until next season concluded, then make the evaluation whether to proceed with them or move on, as long as both sides remained in lockstep, loyal to the plan and eachother. But Hue has now gotta go. He turned on Sashi when he was questioned about the roster a few weeks back and said ask Sashi, and now hes doing it again through his personal media mouthpiece, Mike Silver. Now hes putting it out there he wanted Garropollo, but the FO failed to act. Thats not lockstep, thats cowardice, trying to control the narrative on his failure. Funny thing is, with all of Hues mistakes Sashi probably would havestill backed Hue, but Hues proven he doesnt have the same backbone.

Maybe Im wrong, but are you reading reports that the front office is displeased with Hue and his halfassed decisions?? Nope. Are we reading how the front office didnt wanna sign RG3 but Hue fell in love in that try out? Hell, Hue went on and on about how Kizer was the best qb hes ever worked with and how hed be a failure if he couldnt harvest that kids talent. Now, he wanted Goff or Garropollo, but the FO gave him garbage. Convenient.

Hues gotta go.

Hue is the one who has to get up in front of the press week after week and make a defense of the paper thin roster Sashi has given him. If all he did was give the Butch Davis "we fought our guts out" and pretended everything was peachy otherwise, we'd be ripping him to shreds just as hard. He's telling the truth when he talks about how young and thin our roster is. Maybe Sashi should face some music from the press instead of Hue being the only one.

Just now, dawgdish said:

Hue is the one who has to get up in front of the press week after week and make a defense of the paper thin roster Sashi has given him. If all he did was give the Butch Davis "we fought our guts out" and pretended everything was peachy otherwise, we'd be ripping him to shreds just as hard. He's telling the truth when he talks about how young and thin our roster is. Maybe Sashi should face some music from the press instead of Hue being the only one.

Weak sauce. 

Media obligations are part of his contract, not Sashi's.

Nobody makes him put his foot in his mouth and fingerpoint. It's his natural response, as is typical of most frauds.

So we mostly agree that Hue must go then? I’m glad to hear that at least most of us are in agreement. Having to answer for failure shouldn’t be an unreasonable expectation. When I’m making millions of dollars in my profession some day, I’m anticipating accountability to be a portion of my standing. 

In the meantime, I liken Hue Jackson to King Claudius from Hamlet. Give the man credit for being a real smooth talker and taking charge of the offense and the entire kingdom for that matter. I’m really starting to wonder if he will convince Jimmy that the nerds are the central problem and the only ones that need to go. That staff is spinning a real narrative through public perception. The one win in a season and a half speaks for itself. In this case, I don’t wish him a gruesome demise. But, he needs dethroned. QB guru...

Archived