(Poll) When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

Mind Character

When Hue is Fired Will You Agree  

38 members have voted

1. 1. When Hue is Fired Will You Agree?

• Yes - Fire Him. Blow it up again.
    • No - Don't Fire Him. Keep continuity. The Primary issue is Talent
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward Agreeing with his Firing
    • I'm Torn, but Leaning Toward DISagreeing with his Firing

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you two nerds could explain the reference now I'd appreciate it.

Aint nobody here got time for no culture!

Hmmm...ok, GOT IT:

The Lion King is just "Hamlet with Happy Ending". King Claudius is basically Scar (Hue Jackson), a smooth talking guy who orchestrates a takeover of the kingdom behind the scenes involving a plot to overthrow the current king (Mufasa, or Sashi and DePo). Hamlet is Simba.

tenor.gif?itemid=5266403

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hmmm...ok, GOT IT:

The Lion King is just "Hamlet with Happy Ending". King Claudius is basically Scar (Hue Jackson), a smooth talking guy who orchestrates a takeover of the kingdom behind the scenes involving a plot to overthrow the current king (Mufasa, or Sashi and DePo). Hamlet is Simba.

tenor.gif?itemid=5266403

Lol I was kidding but thay was pretty funny.

im starting to lean more towards Hue having to go mainly because he seemingly cant handle the pressure and needs mike silver and ben albright to handle some of the heat from the kitchen

would be optimal if sush dog could learn to throw him a bone and hue stopped complaining and they could begrudgingly work together for 1 more year and save the moneyball plan

but i doubt that will happen.

whats likely gonna happen is due to the politicking, hue will keep his job- especially since an ex laywer is expendable, theyll hire peyton manning and a vet FO guy, and then we sign a bunch of free agents and take a qb adn all is well for like a couple years then it falls apart.

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

im starting to lean more towards Hue having to go mainly because he seemingly cant handle the pressure and needs mike silver and ben albright to handle some of the heat from the kitchen

would be optimal if sush dog could learn to throw him a bone and hue stopped complaining and they could begrudgingly work together for 1 more year and save the moneyball plan

whats likely gonna happen is due to the politicking, hue will keep his job- especially since an ex laywer is expendable, theyll hire peyton manning and a vet FO guy, and then we sign a bunch of free agents and take a qb adn all is well for like a couple years then it falls apart.

Unfortunately this is 100% spot on. By then, the stadium lease, which is up in 10 years, will be close to expiring, and talks of moving the team that has been inept for THIRTY YEARS will circle, and Jimmy relocates the team to London, with the help of former commissioner Roger Goodell, renaming them the "Mockingbirds". They go on to win a title 4 years later.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Unfortunately this is 100% spot on. By then, the stadium lease, which is up in 10 years, will be close to expiring, and talks of moving the team that has been inept for THIRTY YEARS will circle, and Jimmy relocates the team to London, with the help of former commissioner Roger Goodell, renaming them the "Mockingbirds". They go on to win a title 4 years later.

yea that sounds right

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You two, 

tenor.gif?itemid=5120991

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Just ordered my #95 Garrett Mockingbirds jersey...pretty sweet! Go Birds!!

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I can see all of this plausibly happening except the winning a title in 4 years part - I haven't seen Jimmy come close to being able to pick a competent exec team, or if he has, come close to having the patience to stick with them

I’d give Hue atleast one more year. Give him an actual WR Core. An actual RB and time to work with his young QB and I think we’ll be significantly better. Now if we load up and give him every opportunity to succeed and he doesn’t then I’d let him go at the end of next year. Right now ppl look at this team and laugh. No coach is going to want to come here. Hues are best bet. 

On 10/30/2017 at 8:57 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At no point did Sashi say Hue will get to draft his guy without hesitation. 

You're trying to use a discussion with the media as the gospel because it fits your narrative, but as outsiders we have no clue if that's actually how things have played out. 

IIRC, Hue was all in on Goff the first year, and, if you believe the text story, Watson this past season. Many reports believed Mahomes was the target at 12 as well, but who knows.

All I'm saying is let's not confuse "his guy" with a hedged bet that adds some talent to a talent deprived room.

Just because I can pick a meal off a menu at Wendy's doesn't mean that's my ideal choice, sometimes the situation dictates you settle.

They've collaborated..there's no mystery there. Hue was blown away by Griffin last year and reportedly liked Brissett. This year they all liked Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson & Kizer... but the FO was outmaneuvered by Chicago and KC and thought Watson was overvalued at #12. Would Hue have taken Watson at #12 if it was up to him? Who knows?...I'd say probably.

But would Watson have had the same success under Hue he's had with O'brien?....absolutely not. And not just because of the rosters. There's a lot of reporting out there that Obrien was doing really innovative stuff with Watson...making it simple but incorporating different things week to week. Hue knows nothing about that.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:13 AM, Mastercheddaar said:

We cannot fire him after 1 1/2 seasons. Name another coach that could win with this team? GO ahead... I'll wait. Can't?

Hue has no WRs, rookie QBs and a youth movement on his team. He needs to stay here another season. After 3 season then put him on the hot seat. I'm sure Sashi is going to load the offense up this season just like he loaded the defense last season. Trust me. We have the cap and the picks. Give Hue another off season and another season. If we are 0-7 this time next year, then I might agree. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Unless you're aware of all the HC possibilities across the league, this is a fruitless question.

What we know is that Hue wanted Griffin over McCown. (which made it a hell of a lot easier to pass on a rookie QB at the top of the draft) We know he really liked the RB room with Crow and Johnson when he got here. We know that he professes to want to run the ball but doesn't. We know that he's thrown his full offense at rookie QBs in back to back seasons expecting them to run it like veterans. We know that he called pass play after pass play last season despite liabilities on the OL, a rookie QB and a fairly productive running game. We know that he stubbornly stuck with a pass first downfield offense this season despite not having WRs or experience at QB. And we know he continues to bench his most accomplished QB on the roster.

A lot of offensive minded coaches around the league would not have made these mistakes. Doesn't mean they'd have a winning record but it's pretty clear when the coach contributes to the losses.

On 10/31/2017 at 1:19 PM, Mind Character said:

Hue also has been in the top 5 in terms of offensive playcalling, strategic planning, and scheme design as evidence over a long period or repeated successes in various environments

...What?

Hue also has demonstrated via repeated behaviors over time to get the most out of young QBs.

Nah.

Andy Dalton is brought up the most in re to this.... while had his most efficient year in 15' under Hue, he had his worst year since his rookie season in 14'..also under Hue.

Hue's weaknesses seem to be game management decisions and some poor situational football decisions

Also he seems to be overaggressive in his play calling despite talent deficiencies

Those are not fatal flaws when multiple coaches like Andy Reid and Jason Garrett types have the same deficiencies. Every week their issues raise their head, but talent and winning wash away their sins weekly.

The fatal flaw is not being able to evaluate players. If he can't evaluate players he certainly can't design an offense to maximize their strengths. It's not gameday stuff I'm worried about with Hue..it's everything else during the week. Garrett and Reid are phenomenal offensive scheme designers and Reid at least, a very good evaluator. Jackson is not even in their flaws' class.

I

On 11/2/2017 at 1:16 PM, mistakey said:

If you gave Hue a good QB, a good RB, and a good WR... he'll playcall a good offense. But he's demonstrated pretty clearly that he can't develop a young QB and can't adapt an offense. Those are huge failures.

If the team goes all out in FA for those pieces, then Hue will be ok for the short term, but anything thru the draft, especially a young QB, I wouldn't let any anywhere near him.

What's really sad is that it appears the owner is leaning Hue's way...in yet another gigantic misstep.

I do not think it matters any more, Hue will be fired, because the fan base is getting to the point, where selling season tickets could become a problem and the owner knows he has to give them some hope by hiring a new HC and perhaps a new FO. I do not think he can just offer them more of the same at this point, so whether he wants to or not, Hue will be fired.

New, always offers hope and hope sells tickets, end of story!!!

7 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

I do not think it matters any more, Hue will be fired, because the fan base is getting to the point, where selling season tickets could become a problem and the owner knows he has to give them some hope by hiring a new HC and perhaps a new FO. I do not think he can just offer them more of the same at this point, so whether he wants to or not, Hue will be fired.

New, always offers hope and hope sells tickets, end of story!!!

New offers nothing in Cleveland, who are we kidding?

New just confirms the owner is as impatient as we all think and simply refuses to give a coach or front office the time required to implement their plan. 

This group said long term rebuild, most assume that's at LEAST 3 years if not longer.  These guys would have got 2.  Give them time to implement their plan. Just because they aren't where YOU want them to be right now doesn't mean they 1. Aren't where they thought they'd be or 2. Complete their rebuild "on time". 

Again, I'm sure all we need is a 4th regime in 5 years though.   That'll fix everything...

On 11/4/2017 at 8:11 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

New offers nothing in Cleveland, who are we kidding?

New just confirms the owner is as impatient as we all think and simply refuses to give a coach or front office the time required to implement their plan. 

This group said long term rebuild, most assume that's at LEAST 3 years if not longer.  These guys would have got 2.  Give them time to implement their plan. Just because they aren't where YOU want them to be right now doesn't mean they 1. Aren't where they thought they'd be or 2. Complete their rebuild "on time". 

Again, I'm sure all we need is a 4th regime in 5 years though.   That'll fix everything...

I'm not saying it will fix anything, but a new HC and FO with a QB drafted #1 overall and the fan base will probably give it a chance and continue to buy tickets. Actually, the #1 job of a GM is to keep the stadium sold out, otherwise, the owner will loose millions of dollars, something few owners will put up with.

Somebody will be the scapegoat for our incompetent owner, he is not going to blame himself, unfortunately. I agree in a way, firing FO's every year or 2 is absolutely ridiculous, but the only difference between us, is I am just not seeing a FO that drafts well or follows the tried and true path for a rebuild and Haslam hired these incompetents and he is a miserable judge of FO talent, so, I see absolutely no reason, to put my faith in a FO that Haslam hired.

To be brutally honest, I am not sure Haslam can ever produce a consistent winning franchise in Cleveland, he is that incompetent and winning franchises always begin with a solid owner and Haslam sure isn't that guy.

Archived