Week 7 - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

6 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If your point is that now GB has a better chance of the #1 seed, yup, that is true. But I think Dallas is in better position to get a #1 seed now than had the Cardinals won. Which is why I was hoping the Packers would pull it out tonight.

If your point is that losing a close game to a 6-1 Packers negates all of the positive the Cardinals have shown, and is proof they are frauds… you and I are not on the same page there.

My point is simply a depleated Packers team went into Ariz and upset them. They can be beat. I never said they were frauds. I just wasn't sold on the idea they are the best team in football.

32 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

My point is simply a depleated Packers team went into Ariz and upset them. They can be beat.

....... Can you explain the purpose of making this point? All teams can be beat. So a good team beating another good team hardly seems like a compelling argument. We all watched the 07 Pats lose to a 10 win Giants team; so even the best team by the largest margin ever is still beatable. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

....... Can you explain the purpose of making this point? All teams can be beat. So a good team beating another good team hardly seems like a compelling argument. We all watched the 07 Pats lose to a 10 win Giants team; so even the best team by the largest margin ever is still beatable. 

Dave doesn’t believe in the Cards and thinks they are just another team that starts hot and falls apart. He has this strange rule where you can only believe in a team once we get to Thanksgiving. 

Happened the last GDT. 

I didn’t understand his original argument. 

3 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Dave doesn’t believe in the Cards and thinks they are just another team that starts hot and falls apart. He has this strange rule where you can only believe in a team once we get to Thanksgiving. 

Happened the last GDT. 

It's not so much a rule as it is a norm. Good teams begin to up their game, jockey for position and play a bit smarter and harder around that time of year.

Bad teams with a pulse begin to play with desperation.

If Arizona is as good a team as their previously undefeated and number 1 rank would suggest, you will see that in about 4 weeks. If last night's close loss should lead to a few more losses along the way, then they are not as superior as many gave been led to believe. Both physically and mentally.

All of this started out of a thread that I simply stated I was not sold on the then 6-0 Arizona Cardinals yet.

That's all. 

And to the point of "Any good team can beat another good team" well, duh! I was pointing out GB did it on the road, with virtually none of their starting WRs. A big handicap in a pass happy league.

I will tell you what, for future reference, lets just all agree with one another on here so everyone is right and there are no opinions outside if the norm.

8 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Happened the last GDT. 

That’s certainly a fair point though… I definitely put more weight on wins in December than September.  Getting hot and/or injuries can elevate or deflate an entire season.  I don’t think the Bucs were a better team than the chiefs but they got hot in playoffs and chiefs could not overcome serious injuries on offense.  The Cards are getting hit by the injury bug right now.  They probably still win the game if Green doesn’t have a complete brain fart… so I don’t know how much credit to give GB who played horribly in the red zone, were gifted points by dumbarse TOs.  I could not tell you whose better between GB and AZ based on last night.  But I think it’s fair to say wait til December to judge a team because frankly I’m not sold on AZ or even Dallas.  I like our offense but as a whole… we still have warts.  But I kinda like our chances against both GB and AZ but not so much against the rams.  That could all easily change by December.

Edited by The_Slamman